I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to drink today because I am planning on volunteering at a animal shelter tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to do it with a hangover.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Nothing is fun with a hangover! Ugh! I'm not drinking today either.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I got a lovely massage and drinking would ruin the effects!
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Just got out of a week long detox facility... Was not the nicesest place but I needed the help since the cravings were so bad... Just saying Hello to everyone again.. a week in there felt like 2 years... Hope everyone is doing well!

Comment

I will not drink today, tomorrow or ever again. It only robs me of my soul. GOD has brought me back from the hell of addiction and i will not let Him, you or my most favorite little girl in the whole world down. I have been given the best gift in the world, sobriety, and i will never take that for granted.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I go back to college today and there is no way that I can do my best drunk or with a hangover.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I will not drink today, no bloated body, no headache, no sick feeling all day long. I will not drink today.

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1246130 wrote: Just got out of a week long detox facility... Was not the nicesest place but I needed the help since the cravings were so bad... Just saying Hello to everyone again.. a week in there felt like 2 years... Hope everyone is doing well!
                  :goodjob: on taking the bull by the horns and going for it despite not feeling comfortable there.

Keep at it, stay sober, and you won't have to do THAT again.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I know I neverr want to go back into a place like that again, I did learn new coping skills and physcially gave me meds to make me feel better......

Comment

Going to go to bed soon sober. I will not be drinking tomorrow since it will be even a busier day then today so I can't afford to drink tomorrow neither.

Comment

I am not going to drink today either! Together we can do what we could not do alone.

Guy from NC - I applaud you for doing what you needed to do for yourself despite the undesireable nature of it. Stick to your guns one day at a time. If I can do it (I was a hopeless daily drunk) then I know you can do it too. Hang in there!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm continuing on my sobriety path and loving the way I feel. No al for me today!

Comment

I can't think why I've never posted here before.
                            What a great thread.
                            I am not going to drink today because I deserve better.
                            Alcohol turns every day into a Groundhog Day cycle of inebriation and recovery.
                            Not interested.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Didn't drink today and not drinking tonight neither.

Comment

I'm not going to drink today. It brings nothing but irrational thought and it's embarrassing. I hate AL.
                                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                                X