I am not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not drink today (or tomorrow or the next day, etc...you get the point, LOL).

I just have to say that I absolutely love getting up to a clean kitchen. That is one of my favorite things about not drinking. When I was drunk all the time I didn't care about dishes or a mess all over the counters or anything before bed. My sober me HATES a dirty kitchen so that would drive me nuts every morning. So here's to many more mornings of clean kitchens!!!
    One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

I wont drink today if only because i will then have as many days AF as i have had years on this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggygirl View Post
        The prospect of never drinking again can be very overwhelming and for me, prevented me from seeking sobriety for many many years. (I stayed in denial for a very long time LOL)

Sometimes I find it helpful to just make a committment for what I'm going to do about AL for TODAY.

TODAY, I am not going to drink any AL. I can do anything for just one day. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Anyone with me here? Anyone willing to make a decision to not drink today, no matter what? No excuses?

Here is my plan:

I have a busy schedule for today and none of the places I am going are AL serving places.
        I will work out because exercise helps!
        There is no AL in my house.
        I have read several posts on threads here that help me stay sober.
        I have plans to attend an AA meeting to keep my head in the right place.

What are you doing to keep AL out of your life today?

DG
        I stumbled across this thread which started in 2010, and ran for two years. It's full of affirmations and strategies for not drinking today. I think it deserves a bump.

I'm not drinking today because my plans include driving to a convention center in an unfamiliar area. Something that would be a nightmare while drinking, if I even decided to attempt it.

Comment

I am not drinking today because I am giving my son a ride home late this evening and I cannot drink and drive.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because all of my drunken embarrassments are in the past, not in the present, and I wish to keep it that way.

Comment

I looked through this thread last night, Pie - it's a good one! I'm not going to drink today, either because I DON'T DRINK :smile:.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I am a better, happier and more fun lady without it.
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I'm not going to drink today because I've been sober for 18 months and I can see the light at the end of my family vaca crack up tunnel. (I have been back for 2 weeks. I'm still in the tunnel. LOL)
                  AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I want to heal my body after years of alcohol abuse.

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I like my new sober way of being.
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Not drinking today because my body is saying 'enough already'. Been sick for 6 weeks solid and just can't shake this bug. Time to get back to basics and take very good care of me. Can't do that when I'm drinking. Day 3 and counting ...

Comment

I am not going to drink today because I can feel the healing that's taken place in body and soul, and I want more of that.

Comment

I did not drink today because I like the way the sober me aligns with my inner truth.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I will not drink today because I am now starting to use my brain to think about things that really matter and I don't want to stifle my thoughts and feelings any longer.

Comment

I won't be drinking today because there is not one single thing that was better about my life when I was - and many things that were just awful. I don't have even 1 regret about quitting (other than the almost universal one of not having done it much sooner).

Comment

Working...
                                X