For the long time Sober peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it get better? How did you get past the guilt and shame? Do the people who once doubted you and lost hope with you come back?
    September 23, 2011

Reenie, yes it does get better. It takes time. We didn't trash everyones trust overnight, and it doesn't come back over night either. I hope you can find away to set aside your fears about your marriage. Just focus on recovery. One minute at a time without drinking. If you can not drink, and then start really working on yourself in rehab or however you decide to go about it, the rest will fall into place. Sobriety first first first first.

Whatever program you decide on, give it your all. Be willing to do whatever is suggested by the people who have what you want.
    :l

I'll try not to repeat myself from your other threads. (I know I'm annoying but I'm OK with that!)

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

yes it does get even better ...
      but you need to leave the past just where it is in the past you cant change it ...
      but for damn sure you can change the future on how you want to look at everything and the ones we hurt well time heals... but all you can do is just live your best but one day at a time
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I still have a tinge of both, Ren, but can deal with that as long as I have no expectation of more in the future.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Tlrgs..... Great run on your sobriety. Keep it up. 3 years is awesome. I recall when you first joined here.
          September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
          X