Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Sober ODAT.. Thanks Guys

Hello,

I thought I would make a post here as this was the first place I turned to when I hit my rock bottom. That was over four months ago now and being a member of this wonderful community truly gave me the feeling of belonging and understanding that I needed to get me through those first few weeks. I have not been posting at all over the last couple of months, there are loads of meetings where I live so I guess that is a contributing factor to my absence from these pages. I am fortunate to have found a wonderful support network and friends in AA, I keep going back and as yet - one day at a time - I have not picked up that first drink. Anyway, enough tosh... just wanted to say thanks. You guys are saving lives.

Johnny xx
    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Congratulations Johnny. Thanks for the update and all the best to you!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

You have certainly strung together a lot of AF months. Congrats! Continue with your program at AA and posting on this site. You are inspiring. I too am in AA. I love the program. If only I can get there as often as I need to (lost my license - DUI). Keep up the good work. Thank you for HOPE!
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Good Job Johnny!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Johnny, thanks for giving us this wonderful update. You are certainly handling this the right way. Best wishes on your journey!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Johnny, BRAVO!:good:

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Good to hear from you Johnny - I am glad you are doing well! I too find AA a nice addition to here - this place got me started and well on my way too. You can always come play acronyms here anytime!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Thank you for your kind messages. No less than I expected of course from such a kind and understanding community. The learning curve is indeed steep and rapid. Having spent over 3 years in psychotherapy prior to joining AA I feel that I hit the ground running in the rooms. Therapy and councelling is of course not for everyone but for me it has been very beneficial and I continue to attend in tandem with AA meetings. It's quiet alarming however that despite having spent such a long time on the psychotherapists couch, it never occurred to me that alcohol was a problem (Not without such reflections being banished to a corner of my mind that was more comfortable for me anyway). Having worked with and continuing to work with addicts of all sorts my therapist had challenged me about this in the past, and with good reason - in only my second session a few years back I turned up at his door with a black and blue face after getting into a fight while I was out of my head, an episode I know realise I was lucky to walk away from - but denial is a powerful attribute of the alcoholic and it is one that I must be constantly aware of.

At the risk of sounding selfish, I think I will try to post here more regularly again, apart from the wonderful sense of community that there is here, it is also a useful tool for turning the thoughts which distract me from my conciousness into written word and thus dispelling them. I hope and pray that this finds each of you well. If not please feel free to PM me. It is a honour and an asset to be able to assist anyone on our similar journeys along a road less travelled.

God bless you all.
                "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

What an inspirational post xx

Comment

Wonderful, johnny! You've done SO well!!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Well done johnny, wondering were you got to, delighted your doing good :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi there Johnny,

Your posts have been very motivational and inspiring and it's great to hear of not only other folks success but how they got there and probably more important how they stay AF. Please keep posting.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Thank you for posting Johnny. I'm new here and enjoyed reading about you. I hope you'll continue.

Comment

Working...
                          X