Struggling today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling today

I have no idea why today is such a struggle not to drink. Well actually only the last few hours. I've been sober for over week now and it's just hit me thisll afternoon. I keep telling myself over and over what will happen if i drink. Give it a couple of hours afte drinking, you'll feel tied, you'll be totally depressed,you'll hate yourself. You'll let youself down, your children down, your hubby down but most important, you'll let yourself down and have to start from day 1 AGAIN and for what... the above feelings? THEN you'll wake up in the middle of the night,have a mini brake down, cry, come on here feeling sorry for yourself. Have a horrible day tomorrow hoping you'll feel better and that things with hubby with be ok. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I DRINK?!?! AHHH GO AWAY THOUGHTS. IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

Struggling today

:goodjob:Bloody great Michelle - I reckon there is no more to say!! If only we could all rationally think things through like that when in the grips of a 'craving'. Don't forget the 'urge-surfing' in the Toolbox, that's my favourite one, and just remember - the cravings ALWAYS GO AWAY!! Reckon you've talked yourself out of it already:goodjob:
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Struggling today

Hi lil michelle. Sounds like you've got all the reasons not to down pat. I've seen others say this and think it's equally important. Really look at the reasons you are thinking about drinking too. That kind of soul searching can provide some powerful reasons to not drink as well. I wish you strength to dig deep and stay strong. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Struggling today

lil, this is very common, honey. It's something we learn to deal with and face on our journey. Try ANYTHING to get your mind off it right now, and plan for the next time it happens. You've already said you know what the results will be. Listen to your right brain now. Get through THIS day. Fill yourself up with water and lemon, juice, even chocolate, whatever it takes today. Great for coming here and asking for help!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Struggling today

Hi LilMichelle,
          Sorry to hear you are struggling. We all have days like that, but you CAN get past it. You gave some great reasons for staying sober. You know, the last 2 nights I've been having "drinking dreams". But what a relief it is to know that they are just dreams, thoughts. It's very important to look at our drinking honestly, and not romanticize it. Good job checking in here, too. We're here for you!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Struggling today

Hi all, Thank you for your support!! I got through. There was NO WAY i was going to let my 'thoughts' get the best of me. I'm feeling MUCH better now, sitting down with a cup of tea. Early night tonight i think.

Comment

Struggling today

Hya Lil,
              Glad you are feeling better - as wiser people than me have said, these cravings, thoughts and feelings do pass - and no-one has ever woken up the next day regretting that they did NOT drink.

Well done you for getting through it. And ahhh, the wonders of tea
              K x
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Struggling today

Hi Michelle, just wanted to give you a little support as well. It's great to hear you didn't give in, I was feeling a tad weak myself this afternoon..so I went to my mothers and we made and jarred some homemade salsa. I knew I wouldn't drink over there, and we got some delicious salsa out of it as well. Somedays it's harder then others, but I'm reteaching myself that these are just thoughts..and like you I don't want to go through all of that either the next day.

Comment

Working...
                X