Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fav Beatle Memories

Seeing Paul sing Hey Jude and Yesterday at Wembley in about 2000
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Fav Beatle Memories

The first time I heard them on their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. I had NEVER felt that way about music, ever!
    1964, just discovering hormones!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqnoRevPAw[/video]]YouTube - The Beatles The First U S Visit 9/10
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

I used to go and watch them live at The Cavern every lunch time. Pete Best was the drummer(yummy) before Ringo. There was never any booze at any of the clubs. I loved the Beatles and even got to be at some of the early recordings and have lots of great memories.
      I Love "Money can't buy me love"

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

Anon, that's priceless!!!
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

anon god .... "is a concept in which we bury our pain " ! .....how i envy you ...... ive been to the rebuilt cavern .... the real one was under a car park .... after having been to the grand national in ninety 2??? won eighty quid on mr frisk ...... me and my then mates drank ourselves back to wrexham in wales where i was then living .......... whole eighty a lot in those days as said went to mathew st , cavern ..... though a replica and of course drank whisky and coke in The Grapes ...... pub and drink they used to have ..... and ruby seeing them on ed sullivan .... fantastic ...... drove to southampton in 7 eight with girl called angela to get tickets to see Wings .... sold out we were only eight from the front of the queue have a good day everyone X PM :rockband: :h mish any stories????
          I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

sorry got quote wrong "God is a concept by which we measure our pain" x PM

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

Had a date one time to see Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, The Tams, Chubby Checker. FIL was good friend of Hank Williams, Sr.
              sigpic

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

Sitting at my buddies house Listening to the White Album for the first time........
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

My brother was a disk jockey when they became famous and just before. Made us somehow feel more connected to them. He had some 45's that they put out, before the Apple lable. Maybe he sold them on Ebay. I'll always remember Ed Sullivan announcing the Be-ATLES! Those early songs still get going round and round in my head, interesting how all those lyrics stick.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

I remember being heart broken when they released Love me do (their first hit single) as we knew that they would leave Liverpool. I was still at school but still managed to bunk off at lunchtime to watch them at the Cavern also used to watch them at local church halls.

My friend got a job working for them and that is how I managed to get to see them perform and record live. It seems surreal that I was around at the start of such an iconic group.

I had not started drinking then so memories are clear.

Comment

Fav Beatle Memories

hi there am fourty nine today ........ no cards ...... isolation stuff ...... but my aunty called .... shes about eighty and my dads sister .... thats nice ...... missed the call but will return it .... where does life go???? ....... born at 1 pm oct twenty eight ninety sixty 1 when epstein first heard about the beatles ....... girl walked in and asked for the german record My Bonnie by Tony Sherridon and the Beatles x PM anon love to hear more about your memories x

Comment

Working...
                      X