FEELING MUCH BETTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Well folks, im just posting to everyone that helped me last night.that im back from my first AA meeting in 3 years. Was met by old faces and new,was honest i hit the rocky road and they were all happy to see me back,im picking up a woman tomorrow night to go to a different meeting.:l

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Jodie - Thats fantastic news, stick with it and anything else that helps. Right now take all the support going and you will get through this. Sending you positive vibes and much strength :l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Jodi - I'm happy that you've found your way back! AA seems to help people tremendously - hope you can stick with it. Nothing better than being free from the shackles of alcohol!!

Big hug,
      Choochie

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

xxxx

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Glad to hear it was a good experience for you jodie. I find a lot of comfort being around other people who completely understand the insanity of my drinking years - both here and in person.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

WELL DONE Jodie, thats the way to do it xx
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Hey jodie. Great to hear that you are back on track. x
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Zenstyle;990318 wrote: I'm glad you're feeling better Jodie... you sound much stronger after one meeting and the second day under your belt... xx

(It must have been cool running into the people you saw at the meetings 3 years ago... nice that there were familiar faces...)
                Familiar faces and not a frown from them, just glad to have you back..they said they seen so many people go back out there and NOT make it back...scary

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

jodiex;990249 wrote: Well folks, im just posting to everyone that helped me last night.that im back from my first AA meeting in 3 years. Was met by old faces and new,was honest i hit the rocky road and they were all happy to see me back,im picking up a woman tomorrow night to go to a different meeting.:l
                  :goodjob: jodiex,In my opinion surrounding yourself with like minded people is a must in this battle,:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Good on you Jodie, definitely sound like you are back on the right path, just look forward now and take all the help and encouragement you can get, it really helps!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Jodi, I don't know what's better, seeing the same , comfortable names and faces regularly, or or the joy of a returning friend. I'm happy for you, and know they feel the same.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Well folks,doctor says im offically depressed and has put me on anti-depressants. So im going to take all the help i can get..He says theres too much stress going on in my life for me to try and cope alone..At this point in time id take arsenic to get well again lol (guess i was taking a form of arsenic using alcohol to try and cope)

Had tea with my AA girlfriend after docs and a chat, im going to stick close by people who are the same as me.

Ex partner was texting me last night, told him to leave me alone, i KNOW he was drinking other than that he would not have texted.

xx

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Ex partner was texting me last night, told him to leave me alone, i KNOW he was drinking other than that he would not have texted. >>

Do what K9 did, Jodie, block his number. You don't need that crap now. I'm AMAZED with how you went out and got the support you needed, feeling as bad as you did. Keep it going, girlfriend! xoxoxo Pride
                          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Jodi - so glad you are getting the help you need. I think your decision about staying around sober people is the absolute best thing you could do at this juncture. We have to protect our sobriety - at least that's what I'm doing. Best of luck to you. Sounds like you're in a good place for now!!:l

Comment

FEELING MUCH BETTER

Great you are hauling yourself back up Jodi, you can do this even with all the crap thats going on, I know you can.
                              Based on his behaviour in the hospital, you could always save those messages if the are abusive, might be useful in the custody hearing.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X