Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On A Mishn

A Mishn..
    I am on a mission. I am going to be AF. I am not going to moderate.
    This is my mindset...and this is the thread I will use to chronicle my journey towards the day when I can calmly state:
    Mishn Accomplished.
    But that date is not yet.
    Today is my 5th day AF and my third day on Naltrexone. For those who know something of Mishmash you will know I was hoping to try Baclofen. Long story, but I have been prescribed Nal, and as it is taxpayer funded in my case, I take that as a strong incentive to make it work and not take it for granted.
    Day 1 I kept waiting for nausea, wooziness, headaches, anything that might suggest a side effect. The only SE I seemed to have was the best night's sleep I can remember in the last month. I slept from about 9pm until 6:30am, and could have gone back to sleep if I felt like it I think.
    Day 2 Wide awake after a cup of tea and no SEs. Busy morning cleaning the house, then an "afternoon tea" I'd been invited to. I took Chocolate Mud Cake. (Not important, just a bit of useless trivia to pad this out...). Everyone was drinking lovely champagnes which I had fully not anticipated. I felt absolutely no
    desire for a glass and happily settled for a couple of Cokes. In times past I may have taken the Coke and then picked up a bottle on the way home. Didn't even cross my mind till I sat down at my computer. Very happy with this state of affairs but not going to get complacent as I have done this in the past and then a couple of days later...oh dear. However, there's something different this time.
    Day 3
    I can't explain it. Maybe just my mindset, maybe knowing I have been extended assistance by the medical profession and don't want to let the taxpayers down, definitely
    the support here at MWO and particularly from my new Dos Gatos loved ones who took a "newbie" into their midst and bathed me in love and support. And when I messed up, they hauled me onto the Taco Truck and decorated me mercilessly. :wave:
    Okay, I didn't sleep so well last night as I did the previous night but I had enough to refresh me. I'm in a very good mood. I've been very silly at Dos Gatos, and have a lovely lunch to look forward to with my Mum. No cravings, unusual anxiety or SEs so far. Obviously, as it is only 9:30am, there is quite a lot of 'today' left, but will return and journal how the rest of the day goes.
    I particularly want to chronicle this Naltrexone trial in detail and for this reason I have begun this thread. I was going to bunch it all together in Mish's Mash, but my ever-so-tidy compartmentalising mind would not allow it. Sigh. It keeps things organised...
    If anyone wants to jump in, well, :welcome: One, :welcome: all.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

On A Mishn

Great going, Mish!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

On A Mishn

So glad that you're doing this Mish. I am going to follow this closely. You are doing fantastic. I'm glad that we won't be decorating you anymore at Dos Gatos.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

On A Mishn

Good for you, Mish!

How old is your mum? I have a "date" with my mum tomorrow...we're going to get our flu shots and then go visit my ninety-one year old Auntie! :H

The good times never end...:happy:

Comment

On A Mishn

fennel;990396 wrote: Good for you, Mish!

How old is your mum? I have a "date" with my mum tomorrow...we're going to get our flu shots and then go visit my ninety-one year old Auntie! :H

The good times never end...:happy:

Mother is 83 in December. Still does the cryptic crossword in under twenty mins each day and Sudukos in no time. However, severe osteoporosis and bit of a wonky heart, but worst of all is MD or Macular Degeneration (wet). She is an avid reader and I hope her heart gives out before her eyes do. Sounds horrid, but I hate the thought of her not being able to read. She is very independent and would not like to be read to. I bought her "Under Milkwood," read by Dylan Thomas and I know she hasn't listened to it yet...think she's saving that
          for 'later.' No-one could object to Dylan Thomas' readings.
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

Comment

On A Mishn

Good for you Mish I will follow your thread with interest, good luck :h
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

On A Mishn

Go for it Mash! You can do it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

On A Mishn

You beauty MIsh...I will be following your journal and cheering you on..you deserve this so much, Love Saffx
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

On A Mishn

Good luck Mash! Congrats on your progress so far. You sound so positive and that is awesome. Our mind set makes a huge difference I think.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

On A Mishn

Hey Mish,
                    All sounds good - think I will be popping in to read your thread when I need cheering up. You seem to write as if you have a cheeky twinkle in your eye. I like your style, and it's always great to hear things are going well for one of our MWO-ers. Keep motivated and strong and you can accomplish anything. Good going.
                    K x
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

On A Mishn

The better part of 'today,' (Day 3 on Nal) is done. I have been dying to try out an Indian Restaurant on the way home from my Mum's house. I stopped by for take-away which will do me for two nights. What I didn't realise is that it is fully licensed. Lovely bottle of Pimms called to me from the shelf: "Buy me...one glass won't hurt you...you want to find out if the Nal is going to block the pleasure receptors in your brain...just one..." Truly. I heard it! I looked at it squarely and told it (via telepathy...didn't want to appear 'disturbed' in case the food was really good and I want to go back)...Be gone evil one...:teeter:
                      It felt good. Two days in a row I have been in Al situations I wasn't prepared for and neither time did I weaken. Not that there was much real desire to drink. Asking myself : "Is this the Nal or my mindset?" It's too early to tell, I think, and I'm not going to give way this early into the mishn just to find out.
                      I do
                      intend to take a drink in a week or so, by which time the Naltrexone will have had time to convince my pleasure receptors that alcohol is no longer going to give me that kick we all get. That I do need to prove to myself.
                      Sensible as some of you may believe Mish to be, sadly I am the type who has to put her hand into the fire at least three or four times before I get it! Oh, fire is hot every time.
                      DOH!
                      And now...
                      Nice quiet night at home with a good book (reading a new Kathy Reichs atm) and maybe a bit of telly. My little cockateil is on my wrist, a favourite place for her when I'm on the computer. Nice easy day tomorrow with my new phone (lots to learn) and my "project desk" which I bought on impulse today from the RSPCA being delivered. It's actually a sewing table in absolutely new condition, but it has a lock and I can put my laptop and printer in it and lock it up when I go out.
                      Thanks for all your ongoing support.
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

Comment

On A Mishn

Fantastic Mish, that just makes my heart sing to hear you describing your day with all its successes.....well done my friend, you are on your way. Keep breathing the air of the free Love and grace Saffyx
                        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

On A Mishn

I'm going to follow your Mishn closely! You have my complete suport! Hang in there my friend :h
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

On A Mishn

Thanks Saph and K9. You're both very special to me and your support is valued greatly.

Day 4 began following another amazing sleep. Wednesday nights I usually go out as I have a meeting I attend regularly, but I needed a downtime evening and piked out. I was almost asleep by 8:30 and in bed by 9:30. I was asleep until 7:00 this morning. This is truly amazing. Even on the dexies my sleep patterns have been erratic and overtiredness has led me to binge on more than one occassion. I get so desperate for sleep unconsciousness is preferable to wakefulness. I know passing out is not real sleep, but at the time it seems like an option. If the Naltrexone is contributing to my getting real
                            sleep it is already working towards my sobriety on that score alone. :happy:
                            I have researched a site called "Fresh Start" here in Perth. Dr George O'Neil has been doing amazing work with addictions and has a Naltrexone implant which can last up to twelve months. If Nal works for me, this is something I will seriously consider. Which led me to another decision this morning, one I think is positive and possible, a good combination. Namely: I'm not going to wait for the Naltrexone to work for me...I am going to work with it.
                            Wonderful how a good night's sleep can affect one's thinking. Anyway, housework to do, and will post later on the rest of the day.
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

Comment

On A Mishn

Great news about your improved sleep there MIsh. There is nothing better for repairing a wounded body and soul, than deep restful restorative sleep. And isnt it bliss waking up hangover free, no guilt, remorse, and you can even remember what you did and said last night...simple pleasures eh!! I'm right with you on working with your Nal and not simply relying it to do everything. The toolbox has to be full to overflowing in this crusade for a better life. If mine gets any bigger, I will have to build it a little cart to drag around with me...wont that look something else.....Saffs Sobriety and Beyond Toolbox - Keep Out - Explosives - Have a fantastic day Mish...you deserve it..love Saffx

Comment

Working...
                              X