Am i the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i the only one?

Am i the only one who keeps messing up? every 2 weeks i mess up and drink.

Am i the only one?

No honey............you are not alone..........
    Talk to us..........we're here.....
    xoxoxo Belle
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Am i the only one?

I mess up almost every day girl! don't fret and keep trying again and again. PM if you need to! don't give up!

Comment

Am i the only one?

Good Lord darlin, if you were the only one none of us would be here!
        What's happening?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Am i the only one?

Um...ahemm.. I think we are all here for the same reason... same as yours... please don't feel bad...What's up??
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Am i the only one?

You're certainly not alone!..... Before you "pick up", ask yourself, where is this really going to get me? Is it really workt the hang over tomorrow and preventing me from living my day to its fullest"? The answer is, No! "Do I really want to wake up with shame/guilt and start counting from Day 1 again"? The answer again is, "No"! Don't beat yourself up. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. In time, due time you will string another 2 AF weeks together, then a month and so on! I'm on Day 4 and I do know how you feel.... It's a day at a time process. Forgive yourself and move on. I'm here if you need me.
            September 23, 2011

Comment

Am i the only one?

Look at you Reenie! Go girl and I look forward to your call tomorrow!

Comment

Am i the only one?

Trapped...... I'll give you a call around 11 am!
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Am i the only one?

Hi and welcome. You are far from the only one, and far from being alone. We're all here to help as best we can. If you're only messing up every fortnight you are already doing well. Many here would envy your position because you can have AF days. Read different threads here and you'll start seeing the most amazing support group helping ones deep in despair to places of peace and happiness. Maybe you can offer some encouragement or support as well. It's often when we get involved by reaching out to others from within our hearts that we start connecting with ourselves again. Only then can we truly get involved in our own healing.
                  Best wishes on your journey
                  :h Mish :h
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                  Remaining a perpetual possibility
                  Only in a world of speculation.
                  What might have been and what has been
                  Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Am i the only one?

That is so true Mish. My tai chi teacher has started making others teach each other more and is seeing people's form blossom. I think it is a well known method of learning. To support and teach others that is.
                    xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Am i the only one?

I um well i drank a bottle of wine yesterday. I got money out from the machine, went to the shop, got the wine, said i'll only drink a glass but polished the whole thing off. I didn't even fight myself about getting it. i just did. I knew i was going to do it and i did. Hubby then comes home, loses it with me, have the usual fight, was awake most of the night. I'm not really torturing myself tho. I think once every 2 weeks is good, it's not like it's everyday. I'm no longer aggressive with it. I really want to make it to a month tho, maybe longer.
                      I've been on this site for years and this is the first time i've ever felt alone with this. no ide why. I could do with a good sob.Not becaused i'm drunk, because i'm tired, soo tired, so fed up.
                      Now i have to deal with the treaded 'day after' and all the feelings that go with it.
                      It's my little girls 3rd bday tomorrow so we're going to do lots of baking. It's a birthday weekend as well. She's have a party sat and sun due to relatives not being able to stand in the same room with each other, sad really but ffun for my little girl.
                      Thank you everyone, love you all XXXx

Comment

Am i the only one?

I just hope one day i'll be able to say 60 AF or 1 year AF.

Comment

Am i the only one?

Well i'm about to call my mum.I PRAY that i didn't call her whilst drinking. We are very close and talk 50 times everyday but she's a very hard lady and will kill me if she thinks ive been drinking. I can handle my hubby but not my family =( *sigh* Here it goes.

Comment

Am i the only one?

Hi Michelle, I know how you feel. And believe me, you are not alone.
                            I've been here years as well and this is the longest I've ever gone without a drop of AL, I'm on Day 12.
                            Sometimes I feel really alone as well, when I'm here, when I'm at home doing my daily routine with my little girl I'll get a flash of lonliness too if I get a craving and there is no one to talk to about it.
                            I'm going for the 30 days as well, I'm not thinking of it as far yet as months, or a year AF, I'm not there yet.
                            Baking can be lots of fun, I've been doing ALOT of it lately! Anything really to keep me busy, and my kid gets to enjoy the outcome. Try to have fun at the party and enjoy the baking time, get some laughs in and just take it as it comes. I hope the phone call with your mother goes okay, I dread those as well.

Comment

Am i the only one?

lil.michelle;991221 wrote: Am i the only one who keeps messing up? every 2 weeks i mess up and drink.
                              Know your not lil,Michelle,I remember promising myself everyday will be my last or i will stop drinking after this birthday,this weekend,this occasion, but i always had a newer excuse to drink,it is very hard to stop,but keep going and with all the support you can get you will do this,have you tried going to AA ? .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X