Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Papers

some additional info

These are some of the posts from unregistered. Many folks have expressed interest in just what was said ...

1. (Early in thread). "A lot of negative stats could be given on this program as well (first deleted post). How many come and stay? How many actually stay for any length of time? How many actually become moderate drinkers? How many struggle with the topamax and how many actually use their hypno CD's (sic)? Where are the stats?"

"All programs in this area have huge failure rates ... this one included." end quote

Note: this was the response to the initial post, which was supposedly not at all related to Lucky's original post. Unregistered apparently never read the linked information.

2. In response to Noelle's post,"unregistered" indicated that she had totally intended to scare Noelle specifically and was quite nasty - wanted Noelle to think about her when she got her next hangover.

3. "Where did you get the idea that I support AA? You are more than welcome to make guesses at my mental state -- but maybe the uproar you got in -- the assumptions you have made -- says something about yours. I was making basic statements about this program in general. I think it is great that it has worked for Tawny -- but she is a rather a very small minority rather than the majority here. And no, I don't doubt that you had a real problem with alcohol -- I don't know a normal drinker who looks on line for help for something they don't have. I would also guess that a normal drinker would not think that drinking a bottle of wine by themselves would be called moderating. Mainly my real point is that programs are programs -- rather your success or failure really comes from the inside." end quote

Sorry folks, but I just needed to conclude this thread with some sort of history regarding the posts that were removed. Close to the end of the thread, unregistered post's became even nastier - with some indication that my goal was to prove how superior I was [ uh, I was a drunk ... and am now happy in moderation] Not once did unregistered provide any info regarding her privileged knowledge of the MWO meet-up in NYC, to which she referred to on numerous occasions as if she were there (she was not and no one who attended spoke to any such person - note the lack of specific info).

Sorry I got so nasty, but I felt that unregistered deserved what she got. She was trying to be clever and manipulative, but was clearly out of her league in terms of "proving" her points. Throughout this post, unregistered continued to ignore the posts of those members who have achieved good success. Due to the fact that "unregistered" was a nasty and uninformed troll, I felt it necessary to hold her to a much higher standard than the generally benevolent posters on this board. I value the opinions of all who contribute - regardless of the program they are working.

Therefore, I wish to apologize to any members who found my response somewhat harsh. The whole point, after all, was to explore the Orange Papers, a very interesting link.

Peace to all on this journey, and with the success of the board - we ought to be prepared for more trolls like "unregistered",

Pansy

Comment

Orange Papers

Yup, the unregistered comments have disappeared. But your reponses make for good reading. Keep 'em coming.
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Orange Papers

Hey Paddy - (I think you're a cool dude, and I bet you're cute!)

I actually have a bit of a problem with unregistered membes/users. Surely if you've got something vitriolic/controversial to say, you should gather enough balls to do so without hiding behind a shroud of anonymity. Or am I just showing my superannuated hippy values here?

* and I mean "you" in the general sense. :l

Signed: The Phantom, singin' Kumbayah, my lord ...

Comment

Orange Papers

Just for a giggle .. because I had to laugh at myself ....

I didn't remember there being an option to register here or not ...

So I thought that person chose the name "unregistered" ...

Kept on thinking ... "boy, they sure seem to have different moonds and issues!" :H

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Orange Papers

Thanks Tawny, my face just turned orange, oops, I mean red, ha, ha. I fully agree with people to be a bit honest about who they are. But I guess that's what faceless internet is all about. And frankly, if it was not the fear of some smart cookie from my office stumbling over this site, I'd have my picture in the aviator box, rather than Rudolph the Moose, grin ...

Anyway, and that how the cookie crumbles :H
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Orange Papers

Waiting to Exhale

Hi Waiting,

I know it is weird, but there are many unregistereds! I had to think twice before I responded in a kindly fashion to an "unregistered" this week (After being not so nice earlier in the week). I think it is really important for all on the boards to remember that not all unregistereds are the same person ( I am not assuming you thought this).

Therefore, we can all be very supportive of those who are seeking support as long as they are not spewing diatribe. The nastiness should not be accepted, but all who are trying should be welcome.

Peace to all and thanks for your comment (waiting),
              Pansy

Comment

Orange Papers

Hey Paddy,

That grin IS rather cute though ...

Heck, I'll just anonymously sign myself off as

Gladys

Comment

Orange Papers

Comment

Orange Papers