Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreaded day after...

Hi all,
    Well the dreaded day after is almost over. It hasn't been good but it could have been a lot worse. I honestly don't see any positive points in drinking. I've been hungover all day, shaky just shit, really low, hating myself for being a failure.
    I am now going to do 60 days AF even if it kills me! I'm doing this for me, my children and my hubby. SO day 1 done!
    Tomorrow's my little girls 3rd birthday, taking her swimming, then bowling and out for dinner and on Sat and Sun we're having the family over for a little party.. NO AL is allowed past my doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So now, i'm going to have a cup of tea, but my little girl and baby boy to bed and sit with hubby and blow 50 blowns up which we're going to scatter on the dining room floor!!

The dreaded day after...

Michelle - I wrote a long letter to myself outlining in great detail every horrible thing that alcohol has done to me. I listed every single downside - much information on my hangovers, lack of sleep, etc. I pull it out and read it any time I have any thoughts about drinking. It has helped me a lot. We tend to forget when time passes. This way you have a constant reminder of the ills of the poison AL!

Comment

The dreaded day after...

Hang in there. Life is overwhelming sometimes. My daughter told me once she understood sometimes why I would drink, just to relax a little bit. But its all there, and worse, tomorrow, if we're hungover. Keep coming here for support. Join a thread, OK?
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X