No Pitty Party for Me- I get what I deserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have so many good days, and am so Proud, then I fall off the wagon and blow it, only to suffer with the worst hangover the day after.
    . My husband offers no support, he drinks moderately, therefore I get what I deserve. Not asking for pitty, just support from my MWO friends. Sorry all, I blew it
    Can you give me a bit of encouragement friends, I can use a hand
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

DLW - looks like you've been here a while so you know how great the website is. I think it's like giving up smoking - the more you try the better your odds get for succeeding. I tried multiple times and finally something kicked in for me. Hoping it sticks. I just about live on this website for now - helps me so much. Maybe you could visit more often!!

Comment

dlw, I am sorry your husband isn't being supportive of you. You have done so very well and should be very proud of yourself.

Find the strength within you and get back on the wagon. Hangovers are awesome reminders as to why drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be, eh?

My advise is to eat lots of good food today. Remind yourself why you want the AF life and don't let your slip deter you of your long term goals.

Hang in there!

Comment

I AM BACK MWO IS MY LIFE line. It's my own fault for being away so long. I need to clear my head and get back to my friends here Thanks Choochie
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

dlw, I'm sorry. It's such a familiar sorry. We all start to feel comfortable, we're ready to move away for MWO, we've got it licked. We get cocky. Then WHAM!!
          I wish you had support at home, but what the hell, do this for you. Quit blaming yourself. You have an AL problem, and we're going to help you with it. So pull up them britches and boots, and lets buckle down! :huggy
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sorry, don't remember where you live, but join in a thread. You're more than welcome on the 'Journey' thread, OK?
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I am in the states, midwest. But Ruby, you are so right- I got cocky, and ready to fly like an eagle, solo, Cant do it alone, I need all of you
              DLW

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hi dlw,

I am offering you my hand...

Please stick around. I LIVE on this website, I couldn't have made it this far without all of the support and love from these wonderful people.

We are here for you...let us help.

:h
                K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ditto K9 dlw!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi dlw, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch, I myself have stubbled heaps of times, but I'm determined to beat this beast, for me. You will get great support, on here thats for sure, wishing all the very best on your journey, stay close Lilly x:l

Comment

Hi hunni,
                      FIRST *huge hugs* I know exactly what you're talking about! My hubby is god awful towards me when i dreink, even physically aggressive but ONLY when i drink.
                      I messed up the other day, crap isn't it. Nothing positive at all. BUT theres always tomorrow so brush yourself off hunni! Start again. We're all here for you through the good and bad!

Comment

Hi dlw - Please don't beat yourself up. Your story is not unlike many others here. We get some AF time under our belts, become overconfident and complacent and WHAM. I know I've been there many times in the past.

What has helped me is finally coming to the realization that I cannot drink AL so therefore I have to be AF and I want to be AF for ME - not anyone else. And, I come to this wonderful MWO community every day to find the support and encouragement I need to help me with this journey.

I wish you the very best... Be strong and kknow that we are all here for you!
                        John
                        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

i AM BETTER TODAY, HUNG OVER BUT SOBER. YOU ARE ALL THE BEST FRIENDS ONE COULD ASK FOR. BACK TO DAY 1 ......... HERE I COME
                          DLW

• Yesterday is History
                            Today is a Mystery
                            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hi dlw, how are you going, good on you for making this day 1, hope you are having a good day, let us know, how your doing!!!!! lilly x:l

Comment

Hey DLW,

Good luck for Day 1 and good on you for picking yourself back up. I hardly know anyone with drinking problems who has quit first time. If we did do that we would have to have either almost more determination than the human soul can bear, all the answers or not have an addiction in the first place.

I have lost faith in myself over the past few years, as I did get sober then relapsed and have been lapsing more and more frequently since then, never able to get as much sober time under my belt as I did before. It is hard not to beat yourself up in that situation. But I have asked for more help and medical support and kept plugging away at it and after almost a year of continuing to fall short of a continuous month sober, I am nearly there. I had lost so much faith that I had begun to think that would never happen. It is a small step in my recovery journey, but one that I thought was unattainable ever again.

So keep plugging away, learn from mistakes and successes alike, and you will get there in the end if you want it badly enough and find the tools that work for you.
                              Best wishes,
                              K x
                              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X