Husband is home, I am in big trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He makes me feel like crap when I drink. but when He comes home and drinks that is okay.
    Cant I feel bad enough on my own
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Are you drinking now?
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

you two need to have a serious talk....that;s not fair and it took me and my hubs a few months to work this issue out....pm me if you want to talk more...
      and try to to drink baby...it makes it all worse
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

((((hugging you sweetheart.)))) I know how it feels. They are SO damn perfect!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BETTER TODAY. BETTER TODAY BETTER TODAY BETTER TODAY
          IF I KEEP SAYING IT I WILL BELIEVE IT
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

What's going on today dlw? How are you?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Forgive me for my bluntness dlw, but your husband sounds inconsiderate. If he truly cared about your drinking issues he wouldn't be a hypocrite and drink in front of you (I'm guessing he does because you say he drinks??). Talk to the guy and get him to consider his own moral compass before projecting his judgements on you. And please don't use his drinking as an excuse for making yours ok. It's so easy to compromise yourself for the wrong reasons. If he loves you he will stop drinking around you when you have alcohol issues. If he doesn't he's selfish and is probably incapable of being a good husband. You don't have to suffer dlw so don't sell yourself short: trust your instincts, calmly (that's important) put him in his place, and define yourself for your own sake.

Comment

The best way is for dlw to concentrate on her own drinking. Whilst it certainly isn't helpful having a partner who drinks around you when trying to give up, you can't control someone else's behaviour. Also he might not see why he should abstain, especially if this has been going on for sometime. By this I mean say you ask him to stop just for now until you have xyz months under your belt, then you relapse, and relapse again or simply continue then he's going to think "What's the point this could take years".

A very difficult one however it wouldn't be fair if a drinking was deliberately tempting a non-drinker. That would be completely out of hand.

Anyway you just think about what you need to do, make space and a plan and do it. Then you'll start to feel better and also be in a position to better assert the relationship.

Comment

Working...
                X