Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th November

Good morning lovelies

Its been a while since I started a thread it seems...

Been doing some thinking (dangerous I know) about what makes me feel down sometimes. Its when I watch other people screw up their lives and I feel helpless in my attempts at 'helping" if that makes sense?

I know that everyone has their own lessons to learn and they will do so in their own time, but what is the best way of reacting to them? Is it with a softly softly approach or is tough love the answer? I know this has been discussed in depth before, but it is something thats quite close to my heart at the mo.

Anyway, on a more positve note, its Saturday, I am intending to get lots done today, as well as relaxing and am going to try not to worry about others

Lynda, your charity night is gonna be a huge success. My mum told me :goodjob:
    But good luck anyway
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Happy Saturday Army, Looks like everybody has a lot going on today-Jan has her son coming home, Oney her fund raiser, KTAB hopefully getting to spend some relaxing time with his family, Starts keeping busy (but relaxing too!).... hopefully the rest of you will write in about your weekend plans. It's always fun to hear about what's going on all over.

Comment

Morning Starty darlin

In answer to you Q, I think it very much depends on each individual what works best. For some people molly coddling is the worst we can do and at the same time tough love can send them over the edge. It's a matter of balance, if the person really wants to change their circumstances love, support and encouragement may be all they need. If they aren't prepared to do the work then I think you can be tough and say that you can't help them until they are ready but when they are you will be there or them 100%.

Where the hell is everyone else today?

Jan - thinking of you this morning and wishing you a wonderful family time with Jamie....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Expat x post

What you up to for today?

I have my parents staying with me and this is the last day, tomorrow they go into our timeshare apartment and I'm looking forward to getting my space back......
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Chill! I was just sitting back trying to think of how to respond to Starts question--and you hit the nail on the head! It really does depend on the individual. For me it's a mix of both-too much of either makes me run. But I think each situation needs to be evaluated and see how the other person is responding to our help-and then move on from there. I am going through something similar with a dear friend from back home. I am really worried about him. I tried the soft approach because I know many other people have been using a REALLY hard tough love approach.

Comment

Morning Starts,Expat, Chill and all those yet to drop by.

Starts, I'm really gonna have to think on that one. Mr JC's used tough love and the softly softly approach. Neither of them worked until I was ready to open my eyes.

Jan, I'm so blooming excited for you.

Lynda, You know it's a charity very close to my heart since I lost my bezzie mate to breast cancer. So GOOD LUCK, darling

Right where's the rest of the motley crew
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all, woke up sober with my baby(9) in bed beside me day 6 now,got another meeting last night.

My daughter wants to visit the library today so ill pick up a good book for myself too.

Have a good day everyone xx

Comment

Morning Jodie,
                You are doing fantastic,lambie.:l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi again folksies
                  Chilly you are absolutely right. Depends on the person and the situation.
                  JC, you too, I would never have done anything till I was ready.......
                  I just worry that I enable sometimes or desert someone who needs me.
                  Why is life so feckin hard sometimes

Jan, have a fabby one

Jodi, thats amazing girl, well done!!!

Comment

hello all, im feeling great today! Going to get in my halloween shite for the kids that call and taking the kids to the dvd store to pick up their scary movies. Picked up one for me last night, 'the orphanage' and it was in feckin spanish subtitles, I was disgusted!!Dont do subtitles...bah!
                    On the up side im feeling very strong this time, ive seen how happy Oney, Fi and Chill are without the drink and I want that, never felt as strong, my overall feeling is that I just hate drink!
                    Zak came home last night, just after myself and partner had a big row over him, one that culminated in my smashing the phone to bits...He will never ever understand how much I love him , he cant see past how much he cant stand him so unfortunaly he is not going to be much use to me when im upset over Zak, even told me I fucked him up ! I will have to rise above it tho, cos besides when it comes to Zak, hes ok.

Comment

Jaysus Limey, you have got a lot on your platter.
                      I feckin LOVE your attitude tho.
                      And you are right, life truly is better sober.....no matter what is going on.

Comment

Starts, just do whatever YOU think is right and dont be listening to the like of me. Your a lovely special person.
                        Jan, enjoy today, im happy for you all.
                        Jodie, thats what its all about isnt it,waking up sober and safe with child.Have a lovely day.
                        Expat and Jc...hiya!

Comment

hi limers,so glad Zak is home dont worry about you and your partner you will sort that out.. im gonna do the same as you today,library visit and the the halloween shite in. might see you in tesco lolxx

Comment

limers;992868 wrote: Starts, just do whatever YOU think is right and dont be listening to the like of me. Your a lovely special person.
                            Jan, enjoy today, im happy for you all.
                            Jodie, thats what its all about isnt it,waking up sober and safe with child.Have a lovely day.
                            Expat and Jc...hiya!
                            I listen to you cos you are wise, and cos you are my friend. So there :l

Comment

startingover;992871 wrote: I listen to you cos you are wise, and cos you are my friend. So there :l
                              ah thx :l

Comment

Working...
                              X