going back to the start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going back to the start

i feel like im going back to square 1. i need a new plan as my coping mechanism seem to be failing. ive drank 3 times this week.... to excess.. with all the guilt, awful feelings and nevr again. its not working. this is going back to how i used to be and i dont know how to start again. any advice
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

going back to the start

:colorwelcome: back dear Spuddleduck. Being absent from the threads here can't have been helping you. I've missed you and I'm glad you're back. Keep popping in and posting. That's the best help I know.
    Love :h
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

going back to the start

Spudsy! You have been missed. First, before clear your house of all al. Don't let it in. Then, the next time you want a drink you will have to make a concious effort to go and get it. When that thought crosses your mind, come here - chat, post, babble, anything! I go read recipes. Quirky, but it works, so thats just my suggestion, but stay here!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

going back to the start

Welcome Back Spuds - I'm pretty new but am having success so far with the help of this site. Of course, I pretty much bottomed out and was ready when I found MWO, but being with people here has helped me be 26 days AF!!:welcome:

Comment

going back to the start

Why not do what you did when you got your 3 months af? You did something right to get that many days. Either way just keep fighting.

Comment

going back to the start

welcome back spuds...love you
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

going back to the start

Hey Spuds, great to see you coming back, please stay around :l I really wish I could give you advice but I can't but you know alot of people here who will and can .....and will be ready to kick your arse :H:H

We can't do this journey on our own thats for sure, sending you big big hugs :l:l
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

going back to the start

Hiya Spuds ,

I'm not going to beat you up, in fact I'm going to congratulate you for youe AF time and for coming back here as soon as you realised you are struggling again!!!! You did well to get those AF days together and you will do even more next time..............

Keep trying and you will get there .......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

going back to the start

Spuds I've missed you too. I rely on this site and the supps to keep me on the rails. Stick close. Write down what worked, what gave you the most AF time. Look at that and try to recapture. Then you can tweak that plan to try and prevent the relapsing. I wish you well Spuds. Stick closely to us and we'll help you, It's what we do best!
                  :h
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

going back to the start

Spuds

You know I've slipped and restarted too. One day you'll get it right, you just need to keep on trying. I've been unable to recreate exactly what I did that got things right last time(which has been my best attempt yet). Simply because things changed in the meantime, but trying my best to get back to that good place again.

Anyway keep on my Cumbrian friend.

Comment

going back to the start

Hi hunni,
                      I know what you're on about. I feel the same way sometimes. I think the first thing you need to do it sit down and think. Think WHY do you want to stop drinking... What does drink do to you... How does drink make you feel... What are the pros and cons with drinking... What has drink done to you, your life, you family and loved ones... Maybe writing it down will help.
                      Next you need to forget about the past, all your screw ups, all you af days, everything and start a fresh. So avoid anywhere that sells AL, online shopping, changing your routine, keeping busy, coming on here and relaxing. We never have time to relax and do deep breathing. When you have a craving, go into a room alone, sit and slow your breathing down relaxing all your muscels and just relax, even if for 2 mins... try it.
                      Think of the feelings you had when sober.Think of the feelings you have when you drunk. Everytime i crave i write down exactly how i felt the last time i went through it...
                      Good luck. you've done it before, you can do it again but we slip... we slip a lot and it takes time to remember why we're doing this. Unfortunatly the human brain is programed to remember all bad feelings. If it didn't we would all have killed oursleves long ago. SO think back each time, think hard, think of all the shit AL has done and caused.

Comment

going back to the start

Hi Spuds and welcome back. I think I know how you feel. In 2007 when I first came here, I managed 60 days AF and then decided maybe I could drink after all. Just like in UK's sig line, it didn't take much time at all for me to realize I was NOT fixed and that I really CAN'T drinksafely. But....I had SO much trouble getting my head back in the AF game. It took me 8 months. I hope it doesn't take you that long - that was a miserable period of time in my life.

The best I can suggest is to get one day, then another day after that. And so on. I had to make an air tight game plan. Like Ruby said, I got all booze out of the house. I made long lists of things to do. I changed where I shopped. The hardest part for me was just getting started AF again. I am determined not to let my sobriety go because I have no idea if I can get it back again.

The good news is that you CAN do this. Very few of us were fortunate enough to "get it" on the first try. Make this your best and hopefully final shot.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

going back to the start

One day at a time!

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

xoxox
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

going back to the start

Hello Ducky,
                            Welciome back - I had noticed you were not about for a bit. I suspect your story rings true with many of us - as others have said, you just have to keep on trying, learning from successes and failures alike, twekaing and adjusting. And you will get there in the end. Have faith in yourself that it will happen if you keep plugging away at it and want it that much.
                            K x
                            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

going back to the start

Hi Spudds,

Welcome back :hallo: I'm glad you have come back and you have had some excellent advice so far all I can add is what worked for me. Empty the house of alcohol, make a comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly plan and stick to it, supplements and healthy eating, excercise - walking for me, I took a few days off work to devote a long weekend totally to me and being AF, I shut myself off from drinking friends and avoided drinking situations. I guess it depends how badly you want to stop but for me there was no choice I simply could not go through another day drinking and lying to myself and those around me. My life had become one big fat lie and I hated myself.

That was just over 2 months ago the day I registered on MYO and I haven't had a drink since and i can honestly say my life has completely turned around, it's not easy but it is definately worth the effort and each day is ODAT.

Dewdrop :h
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
                              X