Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going back to the start

Welcome back spudds.
    Hour by hour, day by day. Dont set yourself unrealistic goals otherwise you will dissapoint yourself.
    Set baby goals like an hour! or a day. Then keep moving the goal post. Put ya seatbelt on so you cant fall off the wagon and hold on for the most positive ride of your life. Some things we have to do in life are dam hard but oh so worth it. The harder the goal the more rewarding it is when we nail the sucker!
    Love pinky xx
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

going back to the start

spuds.....have you considered antabuse?
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

going back to the start

thanks for your advice peeps. im really digging deep to try and work out whats going on. this last week has been a wake up call.slippinhg right back to a place i dont ever want to be again. i need to spend more time reading here to keep focussed.the bad news for me is that mr spuds is having the annual bonfire party on friday night with his 'special' hot punch. im gonna make some non al punch. a couple of people coming dont drink much so i hope to be ok with this.1st of the month tomorrow so ill focus on new month new start. ive just wasted a week with drink and hangovers and feeling out of sorts. NO MORE.... I CAN DO THIS
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

going back to the start

:happy: Spudsie, that's the ticket. You can do this, and my wishes and love go with you.
          :h:h:h
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

going back to the start

mama, i did discuss antabuse with doc at the start of this but he didnt seem keen on giving me it. i didnt ask why, maybe i will go back and have a chat about it as im not doing too well under my own steam
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

going back to the start

Hi Spuds!! Good to see you back in the pool!! You can do this!! xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

going back to the start

Spuds, it's so good that you have an open mind about trying new things in your quest to find what will work for you. Hope you made it through the bonfire OK. Going forward, is there a way you can avoid those sorts of things for awhile? Mr. Doggy's dog training group train here at our place a lot on Saturdays. They always sit around drinking and shooting the breeze afterwards, and I was always a BIG part of that. For a long time, I made sure I wasn't around for that. Mr. Doggy was fine with me just making a point of being somewhere else. Can you do that?

Whatever works is the important thing. One day at a time, we can.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

going back to the start

Spud, I hear you. I also hear a lot of people on the meds thread saying they're having good luck. Maybe you could read up on some of their ideas. I've heard that the Sinclair Method is good but don't know anything about it.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Hugs,
                  Choochie

Comment

Working...
                  X