X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

You're a national treasure Reg.

Morning Undies.

Came across an interesting factoid yesterday ...... 70% of Australians prefer Vegemite to Marmite. In NZ it is the exact reverse: 70% prefer Marmite. And then I came across this on (of all places!) the Global Oneness website when I was looking up stuff on how to meditate ..........

Marmite - Serving suggestions

Marmite is traditionally eaten as a savoury spread on bread, and commonly toast. Due to its concentrated taste it should be spread thinly. Its powerful taste limits its applications otherwise; nonetheless, in 2003, the Absolute Press published Paul Hartley's "The Marmite Cookbook", containing recipes and suggestions on how to blend Marmite with other foodstuffs. [10]

Marmite also works well with cheese (such as in a cheese sandwich) and has been used as an additional flavouring in Mini Cheddars, a savoury cheese-flavoured biscuit snack. Marmite has also been used by Walkers Crisps for a 'special edition' flavour.

In New Zealand, it is sometimes spread thinly on bread with packet potato chips added to make a "Marmite And Chip Sandwich", or spread thickly on bread prior to toasting, cooked, then eaten slathered with butter.

In Sri Lanka it is dissolved in boiling water and some lime juice and a fried, sliced onion are added - this is an excellent 'pick-me-up' drink for recovering from a hangover.
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Missy, and all rooter's and International guest's to come,

Thank's Reg for that info. Well Missy, Marmite is shite. And did you know that Vegemite, when fried up in a pan, then allowed to cool and forme a paste, makes a very effective all weather sealant. I've used it for car radiator leak's, crack's in a window, roof leak's. If you mix in a bit of avocado and bi-carb of soda, you nuetralise that yeasty aroma too. Bet ya Global oneness didn't tell ya that.

Bridge of sigh's (Robin Trower album Reg) must be going BONKER'S! as i'm presuming she's still having p.c. problem's.

Cloudy drizzly morning here. Got a splash of sun yesty. Geez, it had a bit of sting in it, even though the temp was around 18 or so. I've been wondering how our ozone layer is doing. Best i go check. Lucky Bob Brown is still around A seemingly 'beige' bloke, but i think he's fair dinkum.

A safe, sober, and happy day to everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

howdy all, not much doing.
        when i was a little tacker and we lived in the uk, my mum used to buy vegimite from the NZ house, the aussie house alwayse sold out but NZ house had some for ex-expats from aus. I rememember the spectical, as it was kinda expensive and it was a big thing on a sunday morning, my grandad would put on a bing crosby record (I dont have a clue why) and he would spread the toast, handing it out like chrissy prezzies.... strange to look back. It WAS so special, no i love vegimite, but i defo take it for granted and dont eat that much. I am on a low carb kick ATM, so none for now.
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Yo! Stirly, thanks so much for that. What fun that is, I will be driving everyone crazy with this now. Love Saffxx
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Morning Mr G, Reg, Missy, Asp, Saffy and all to come

Saff, your getting good at this computer lark, love the photo!!! it took me a while to work out, how to insert the the smiley things on here !!!

Lovely morning here, having a coffee and getting ready to start another day!! Lillyx

Comment

Testing, 1,2,3 testing

Comment

Lillypond059;995140 wrote: Morning Mr G, Reg, Missy, Asp, Saffy

Saff, your getting good at this computer lark, love the photo!!! it took me a while to work out, how to insert the the smiley things on here !!!

Lovely morning here, having a coffee and getting ready to start another day!! Lillyx
                  Thanks Lilly, Stirly PM me and gave me a detailed map of how to do it. I should really go to TAFE and do a course, but I have never been that interested until now. I always had other people to do it for me. Lovely morning here too. Love Saffx:h

Comment

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...AZ-01-june.gif

Comment

Morning all and sundies,

... and in no particular order ... Missy - those cunning Sri Lankan's sure kept quiet about that dastardly hangover cure when we needed it ...

Mr.G - around these parts, small acreages are really hard to find now. "Owner Builder" magazine has a pretty good classified section for land sales. A few years ago I sold 18 acres through them and it was nice dealing with the purchaser direct rather than going through the usual agents etc. "Grass Roots" was good too but I don't know if they're still running.

Aspy - nice grand dad memory.

Saffy - OMG - the evil posting powers have been unleashed ... ***better add a smiling thingy here ***

Lilly - you're always so nice and chirpy.

So - I'm orf with two sacks and a wheelbarrow to collect my winnings from yesterday. Might buy a speedboat. Or a tractor. Maybe a new hair brush. Dog ... the power of money.

Bet Bridge is stark raving bonkers by now ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;995185 wrote:

Bet Bridge is stark raving bonkers by now ...
                        Entrepreneurial idea: MWO should have "courtesy computers" .... like the ones that car places have when they have to keep your car for repairs for a couple of days :H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I'm baaaack
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;995275 wrote: I'm baaaack
                            excellent! We missed you! What are you driving?! :H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Oh God it was horrendous, Undies.
                              I can't believe how much I missed you all !
                              I looked and looked. Some delusional smart arse suggested that I wait until the after Christmas sales :upset::upset:
                              As IF.
                              Anyway, I struck a deal with the local chaps. Good price for a HP, in manner of Techie rec (thankyou again sweetheart) and I can pay it off in chunks.
                              Had to leave them my first born as collateral, but that's OK, I can visit him during sales and pick im up when he's 15.

Then I logged on, read back, and the first thing I saw was Ladyjan's insects crawling around on my brand new screen.
                              Just about shit myself.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;995281 wrote:

Then I logged on, read back, and the first thing I saw was Ladyjan's insects crawling around on my brand new screen.
                                Just about shit myself.
                                She's gonna LOVE that!

Glad you're back and backing up, non?

Comment

Working...
                                X