Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

Hi RC.

Unfortunately, in this thing called life, there will alway's be event's that can potentially 'trigger' heavy drinking and that sort of thinking, which i know you know. But we have to face life every day, and take the good with the not so good. Drinking always seems like an escape, and it can be for a short time, but eventually we have to face the music. I find i can handle all life throw's at me these day's, far better sober. While we run, hide, and drink, we are doing a lot of damage to ourselves, and for me, this was self abuse, not so much alcohol abuse. I was disrespecting myself, my path, my truth. We run the risk of doing some serious emotional and physical damage if we don't pull our finger out, face up to ourselves and life, and stop the madness.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Now, Charlotte's web.

Where's your honky ass?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning Undies. I'm really disappointed that I can't upload the pics of Beagle and me on our night out. Every time I try I keep getting 'bad file' feedback. Don't understand if this can be sorted. Anyone with technical knowhow able to make a suggestion?

Saff, hope your time with your boys continues to be amazing.
        Bridge, nice post and I so get the gratitude thing just sneaking up on you. I'm also sleeping a treat on Baclofen and after years of poor sleep it's great to just lie down and know I can drift off any time I like. I'm titrating up on Thursday.
        Tawny we're having a record dry spell here in the West. Yesterday and Sunday it was 36 and today is going to be about the same. All the street verges are dry and yellow. Such a shame...but what to do?
        Reggie, your new guitar sounds like a real beaut.
        G, nice that you have a week off. I always felt so guilty taking a sickie that I never really enjoyed myself anyway. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exageration, but it did bother me. Darned work ethic!
        RC anything I can do? Big hugs.
        Oh, and as I always used to say, you can't beet a ....
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

ROOT!

Hiya Mish.

Sorry i can't help on the photo uploading thing. I've yet to go down that road. Tawny should be able to point you in the direction.

I'm off into the day now. Catch you later.

Comment

GOOD root!

Mish - I upload using PhotoBucket. Open an account, it's free - just upload your pics to there and then copy and paste the Image URL into your post. See if that works?

Comment

'Evening, morning, whatever your time Underlings!

What IS it with this beet root thing all over the place??? It REALLY doesn't sound appealing at ALL!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanks, Tawn. I'll give it a go a bit later.
                :h Mish :h
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                Only in a world of speculation.
                What might have been and what has been
                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mish I use PB too but can't copy directly into the message. I have to click on share(in PB)click on-get link code-right click on the code for forums,etc--left click on copy--come here and left click on the little mountain icon and paste your code into the bar. I think that is exactly it. Good luck and thanks for the hugs.
                  Tawny are those the only options I have to ride?? JK--I'm on it again!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

techie;1012977 wrote: Thanks. I needed to get clearance from the artist. It looks like a go. I'll wear as little flannel as possible :H
                    So G-bloke said yes? That would be great. Undies take over corporate America :H:H Mr G hope you are trade-marked!!

Mishmash;1013101 wrote: Morning Undies. I'm really disappointed that I can't upload the pics of Beagle and me on our night out. Every time I try I keep getting 'bad file' feedback. Don't understand if this can be sorted. Anyone with technical knowhow able to make a suggestion?
                    Think Reggie talkd Saff through this earlier this month or maybe in October?? Or may be somebody needs to start a new thread with detailed PB instructions on it for everyone?? :H

sunshine_gg;1013113 wrote:
                    'Evening, morning, whatever your time Underlings!

What IS it with this beet root thing all over the place??? It REALLY doesn't sound appealing at ALL!
                    Beetroot is wonder food Sunshine!!! And it really is yummy!! I hadn't understood until recently how little it is eaten elsewhere. But I think it is eaten a lot in Southern US as well as here. My favourite recipes are beetroot with sour cream and roasted carraways, southern beets (baked with butter, brown sugar and orange zest) (and a recipe I picked up in Atlanta!!) and minted beets (like minted potatoes only beetroot instead)
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Now as it happens I have a nice row of organic beet - root growing in my gardy.

And I'm doing that beetroot and orange recipe as soon as they're right to go Missy.

I'm just sitting here realising what a lot of extra time I'm going to have on my hands to do stuff with the boy this Christmas hols.
                      I might pull out our old adventure book and reinstate it. We used to list our 'missions' and tick them off.

One final paper to write and that's it for the course. Next year should be a corker if I play my cards right. I'm all set up, just have to stay off the hooch.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge:

have you seen the "Dangerous book for boys" or whatever it is called???? I bought it for Mr B's son a couple of Xmas's ago, and then boy bought "Dangerous book for Dad's" last Xmas, and they have had a great time doing stuff over the last couple of years. Like working out how to measure how far a sky rocket flies up into the air, and how to tie different types of knots and filleting fish that they had caught themselves. And actually the last of those Mr B was a bit squeamish about so I had to do it :H:H

Also: any vegetable suggestions for a patch of earth that continuously and sucessfully grows humungous lettuce and spinach/silverbeet, but has failed on beetroot and carrots?? I'm quite tempted to try climbing beans or sugar snap peas, but the spot doesn't get a lot of sun. (although it is very sheltered from wind which is A Good Thing in Wellington!).

The things that did best in that spot was helleborus .... and if I dont manage to grow a decent vegie crop there this year I will go back to that!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1013214 wrote:
                          The things that did best in that spot was helleborus ....
                          Hell, eventually e'll bore everyone!

***Sorry**** Back to Bridge ....

Comment

Keep posting all as it gives me an excuse to try out my new iPad what arrived on my door step tonight !!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Well that was a thread killer comment!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1013253 wrote: Well that was a thread killer comment!
                                Suffer for it baby, suffer!!!
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X