Underoos Friends - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;993848 wrote: Too late !

Only the first of Nobender and I've already got my Bonds in a twist.

It seems Tobias the Toshiba laptop did NOT like his little trip down south, and upon return has cacked himself royally.
    After consultation with a techie, I had to restore factory settings, and you guessed it LOST THE LOT.

Photos, assignments, documents, emails every F*cking thing.

I am so happy I'm going out to pitch the fecker off the deck right now.

So .....open question.....what is a good reliable powerful laptop (or desktop) to replace this piece of shit with ?
    Any ideas ?

I'm going to have a sulk and a read back
    Bridget, don't know if its any help to you, but I have an asus laptop, had it it for a couple of years, so far had no problems with it, its got 320gb hd, 4gb memory, but there is so many brands to choose from!!! Lilly x

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;993852 wrote: Hmmm...
      I don't know why I so frighty about the Macs. It's just habit I think.
      Everyone I know who has em, loves em.

Are they that different to use ?
      So sorry to hear about your laptop problem Bridge. I use a PC but run the Linux OS verses Windows. I use Mac as well at work. Go to an Apple store for a test drive if you can. You should be OK if you decide to go w/a Mac. However PC is the way to go, since the deals are so hot (GREAT PRICES). Remember, we ALL need to back up our critical data. It dosen't matter what processor you use, if you don't backup, you stand a good chance of losing data at some point. Even the ancients used papyrus in duplicate If I can offer any advise, please let me know. :l

P.S. This may help you decide: Mac vs. PC Pros and Cons
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;993866 wrote: So sorry to hear about your laptop problem Bridge. I use a PC but run the Linux OS verses Windows. I use Mac as well at work. Go to an Apple store for a test drive if you can. You should be OK if you decide to go w/a Mac. However PC is the way to go, since the deals are so hot (GREAT PRICES). Remember, we ALL need to back up our critical data. It dosen't matter what processor you use, if you don't backup, you stand a good chance of losing data at some point. Even the ancients used papyrus in duplicate If I can offer any advise, please let me know. :l

P.S. This may help you decide: Mac vs. PC Pros and Cons
        Thanks a gabillion Techie.

So, what brand(s) of PC/Laptop do you like ?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;993869 wrote: Thanks a gazillion Techie.

So, what brand(s) of PC/Laptop do you like ?
          I like the Asus as Lilly suggested. I also like HP and Gateway. Make sure you check out the keyboard and touchpads. It's important you feel comfortable. Intel Core Processor i3 or i5 is a big plus. Keep the other upgrades within your needs. You don't need the most expensive upgraded sound and graphics card, etc. Remember, you just use this for home. These clerks try and make people feel like they're employed at Dreamworks. Let me know if you need anything else. John
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:hallo: Undies

Wishing you a fantastic November!
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bridge, I'm so sorry about you losing all your data. I have everything on external hard drive, thumb drive and one of those teeny little chip things the size of a fingernail...I keep them in different places so if the house burns down or anything, I still have it all. I've been scanning the pics in my old photo albums and have about 70% of my photos in digital form. Also scanned birth certificates, diplomas, work certificates etc so I have a record of all my stuff.
              I know I'm a bit OCD, but once it's all stored and safe it's very reassuring. Just an idea if you have to start all over again. I reset my pc every year and give it a good cleanout.
              I have a Toshiba Satellite P300 that has never given me a second's problem.
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

What a lovely bunch of International Guests we've had today! Stirly from Greece, BB from Pommie land, Techie the good Yank (I assume that's a Cape Cod lighthouse?) and the inimitable Saffa. We are honoured indeed.

Don't you love it when you've got your head stuck in a good book and you just don't want to pull it out? Am very much enjoying Prodigal Summer - enough to nip down to the local milk bar to pick up a bloody spring roll rather than cook something decent. Guess that's one of the privileges of being a grown-up. Sorta.

Catch you laters - Reggie's Cup Sweep might be announced... oh, and Reggie - that's probably my favourite, most poignant Leunig. Thanks

Comment

Hello Undies, and a very happy November to you all too!

Bridgee, I have a Macbook and an Imac, used to use PCs but would never go back now. Yes they are a little different, but simple, effective and reliable.

Have a great evening folks x
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

afternoon all
                    had a busy day here, doing office work, not very exciting, but has to be done. Looks although were in for rain this evening, getting a bit cloudy!!! Hope you are all having a lovely day !!! Lilly x

Comment

Hey -I've just realised - none of you have been here long enough to know 'About time too' who posted in Long Term Abs today, celebrating her 5 year anniversary. She's one of our mob. Good woman.

Comment

Reggie;993908 wrote: Too right Tf one of me favorites too as he sits his 8 year old daughter down to ABC2
                        Misha I love reading ya posts you are gonna get the horse that wins even though its a totally random sweep as i have a license from the authorities to run a clean un corrupted sweep .

Now Mr G who we all adore says reg give me one that is smart and not scratched well here its is gee-star ..................".VACANT BLOCK" put ya house on it

Later with ya pick
                        hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahah oh btw....:H:H:H:H:H
                        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

startingover;993914 wrote: Hello Undies, and a very happy November to you all too!

Bridgee, I have a Macbook and an Imac, used to use PCs but would never go back now. Yes they are a little different, but simple, effective and reliable.

Have a great evening folks x
                          Hi Startybum, and a very happy November to you my dear:h
                          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

tawnyfrog;993902 wrote: What a lovely bunch of International Guests we've had today! Stirly from Greece, BB from Pommie land, Techie the good Yank (I assume that's a Cape Cod lighthouse?) and the inimitable Saffa. We are honoured indeed.

Don't you love it when you've got your head stuck in a good book and you just don't want to pull it out? Am very much enjoying Prodigal Summer - enough to nip down to the local milk bar to pick up a bloody spring roll rather than cook something decent. Guess that's one of the privileges of being a grown-up. Sorta.

Catch you laters - Reggie's Cup Sweep might be announced... oh, and Reggie - that's probably my favourite, most poignant Leunig. Thanks
                            I luv spring rolls, pick up one for me too will ya Tawn, i'm a bit busy watching the grass grow at the mo

Comment

tawnyfrog;993922 wrote: Hey -I've just realised - none of you have been here long enough to know 'About time too' who posted in Long Term Abs today, celebrating her 5 year anniversary. She's one of our mob. Good woman.
                              I'll just nick over there and ingratiate, I mean introduce myself to her Tawn...what a woman

Comment

Going Strong;993792 wrote: Morning,

How are we all today?

Sorry Miss B about your friend it really is hard when our friends start going around us. LC would have been soothing for you anyways I expect.

Tawn, we don't know how reliant we are on instant info until the net goes down. Our office just stops dead when that happens.

Saph that last post you did on the oct thread did get to me. Am dealing with an emotionally distant husband who I just can't get through too. But am not making any decisions until after 1 year sober....just need to do some heavy thinking and planning.

Miss I love my birdie too.

BB, techie & Stirly hope you have a great November too!

Angel how is your job?

Will check back in this arvo. xxxx
                                Hi Shas, I think you are wise not making any huge life changing decisions until youve got some substantial sober time under your belt. Thats the way I am thinking about life at the moment, I have decided not to get into a relationship for at least 12 months. I want to give sobriety my uttmost attention and when thats more secure, then I'll be more able to cope with emotional stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X