Underoos Friends - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sapphire1;993935 wrote: I have decided not to get into a relationship for at least 12 months. I want to give sobriety my uttmost attention and when thats more secure, then I'll be more able to cope with emotional stuff.
    Famous last words :h:h:h
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

wont say anything about my day just yet. Suffice to say I'm starting No-bender a day late, and very grumpy at myself for it.

I did have a sea swim this morning though and very invigorating it was!!!! (particularly without a wet suit).

Logging out from itsallaboutme.com as from now. For at least a day or two!!

Bridge: I swapped from PCs to Macs in 2007 and have never looked back. Very intuitive to use and NO VIRUSES!!!!! Still use PCs on a regular basis though and find them easier for some things (Particularly Excel, which I use a bit for work) but mostly I prefer Macs (even thought I dont use the stuff like Garage Band which your boy would probably love :H). It took a little bit of getting used to, but I really feel that the advantages outweigh the price premium, because it does so much automatically that on a PC you have to do manually. (and being in Sydney last week was a total eye-opener with the amount of free wi-fi there now ...... stuff that I had got while I was on the Manly Ferry had been downloaded onto the laptop from my i-pod touch before I had even realised!!!!!)

But as Techie says ........ the main issue in terms of losing stuff is having a backup. We have an external disk drive for home which is set to run weekly - so the most we lose if things go pear shaped in one weeks info. At work we do it hourly .... with an off-site back-up every two days.

I have friends with Macs who have their weekly back-up running on the Mac (Mobile.me) web site so that it is accessible if the machine carps out ....... I leave all the technology to Mr B, but I dont think it is that complicated. Dont know whether there is a PC equivalent???????
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tiptronic_ct;993938 wrote: Famous last words :h:h:h
        are you asking me out on a date then Tippers? eh?
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

just had to tell you one last thing that gave me a laugh for the night!

Have been trawling the boards for about 30 mins, feeling a bit emotionally overwrung, thinking that I'll go and run a bath and get hori and start tomorrow fresh ..... just clicked on the "New Posts" thing and was scrolling up and down, when Betty (who always sits beside me at the computer) made a very quick and decisive hit on the enter key and it took me through to the Underoos thread :H:H

She is a very smart girl! Night from me folks and will see you on the morrow.
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Ah bewdiful story Missy. Yep and tomorrow is a brand new day, full of possibilities and opportunities. The sun will definitley come up in the morning and with it the promise of great things. See you on the morrow, love Saffx
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Happy November Guys!

Let this be a good one xx
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

hey there happy november guys....or for the guys is it mowvember???? started on campral today lets hope it makes the difference i need, feeling positive so guess thats half the battle. have a great night and catch up soon...hopefully still sober
                Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

hay Boycie, happy november to you as well. Good tohear that you are having a go at Campral. Well done, stay strong and let us know you you go.:goodjob:

Comment

Shut Reggie ... you've given Tippers two (Campanologist and Bauer).... there's gonna be a protest ...

Comment

breakfast for froggy.....

Comment

ladyjan;994026 wrote:
                        Jan, that is hysterical.... good for you... you've given me a great laugh...:H:H
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Happy November undies..

Comment

there's bugs in mac & pc's...:H

Comment

Reggie;994027 wrote:
                              ...but he deserves 2 cause we loves him
                              But we don't have to throbs him, do we?

Comment

Holy snappin' dog poop Jan ... that's positively evil. PMSL

Comment

Working...
                                X