Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

Not long back from work undies.
    Dealing with a difficult case re a staff member busted at work drunk ....several times.....this one is a real frequent flyer .....looking through her insurance investigations and seeing quotes such as:

'I am trying to be the best person that I can be.....but repeatedly failing'

'I feel that I am living in a deep abyss'

Heart breaking day.

And the miners ?
    Enough said.

Thank God that we will live to make tomorrow a better day.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hiya Bridge.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya Mr G. How's it going ?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1009889 wrote: Not long back from work undies.
          Dealing with a difficult case re a staff member busted at work drunk ....several times.....this one is a real frequent flyer .....looking through her insurance investigations and seeing quotes such as:

'I am trying to be the best person that I can be.....but repeatedly failing'

'I feel that I am living in a deep abyss'

Heart breaking day.

And the miners ?
          Enough said.

Thank God that we
          will live to make tomorrow a better day.
          Gday Bridge, thats difficult stuff to deal with...that person was me this time last year...only difference being that I owned the business so was responsible for dishing out my own penance which was eventually to close the business down and get well. Small price to pay really...but at the time...the end of the world.
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hello Geester, hows your day been?
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Lillypond059;1009836 wrote: My thoughts and prayers to family friends and loved ones.
              I'm very glad to see you back Lilly. I've been wondering about you. How is the Baclofen going if you don't mind me asking /
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi Saph,

All good here thank's gal's. Very tragic news re the mine explosion. Bloody hell.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yep G. I cant bear to watch it on the news, I have some family who work in mines in Tassie and they have a few new misses in the past, although coal is so much more dangerous than hard rock. Bloody awful stuff.

Comment

sapphire1;1009892 wrote: Gday Bridge, thats difficult stuff to deal with...that person was me this time last year...only difference being that I owned the business so was responsible for dishing out my own penance which was eventually to close the business down and get well. Small price to pay really...but at the time...the end of the world.
                    Good job Saph. It constantly amazes me how many people will not change their lifestyle, or cancel that family/work christmas party/holiday when they're in the earlier days of their sobriety. We've really got to throw evrything at it.

Comment

Well, i'm orf to hit the hay. Take it easy, and catch youse beautiful gal's later. xx

Comment

sapphire1;1009892 wrote: Gday Bridge, thats difficult stuff to deal with...that person was me this time last year...only difference being that I owned the business so was responsible for dishing out my own penance which was eventually to close the business down and get well. Small price to pay really...but at the time...the end of the world.
                        Yep Sapphy, I get it. You are/were doing it much tougher that this woman in many ways.
                        She has had SO much help and so many courtesies extended to her, and has F'd up every one of them.
                        As we know only too well, alkies are self sabotage genius' ... or is that genii ?

I have paraphrased above quotes as I could never break confidentiality.

Jeez what a day.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Guitarista;1009897 wrote: We've really got to throw evrything at it.
                          Couldn't agree more.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1009901 wrote: Yep Sapphy, I get it. You are/were doing it much tougher that this woman in many ways.
                            She has had SO much help and so many courtesies extended to her, and has F'd up every one of them.
                            As we know only too well, alkies are self sabotage genius' ... or is that genii ?

I have paraphrased above quotes as I could never break confidentiality.

Jeez what a day.
                            Yep and at some stage that genii has to be stuffed back into the bottle with the cork firmly in place...that or continue to self destruct. In lots of ways Bridge, we are the lucky ones..we woke up and smelled the roses and they werent smelling too sweet. How many other poor souls are out there, unable or unwilling to surrender?

Comment

sapphire1;1009903 wrote: Yep and at some stage that genii has to be stuffed back into the bottle with the cork firmly in place...that or continue to self destruct. In lots of ways Bridge, we are the lucky ones..we woke up and smelled the roses and they werent smelling too sweet. How many other poor souls are out there, unable or unwilling to surrender?
                              Sapphy, I am terrified to think about it.

I often think that we on this site are the lucky ones, who managed to pull something out of our arses (or psyches ) to get us here.

Or do we have an economic or cultural advantage which will enable us to save ourselves, where others less fortunate will not ?

Sorry, I am tired, emotional and overly philosophical :H
                              Evil, glib Bridget will be back early AM.:H
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1009911 wrote: Sapphy, I am terrified to think about it.

I often think that we on this site are the lucky ones, who managed to pull something out of our arses (or psyches ) to get us here.

Or do we have an economic or cultural advantage which will enable us to save ourselves, where others less fortunate will not ?

Sorry, I am tired, emotional and overly philosophical :H
                                Evil, glib Bridget will be back early AM.:H

Probably a little of "all of the above" I suspect Bridge, but I do sense from reading lots of posts on here an innate self preservation and not settling for a miserable life. BTW evil glib Bridget will kick your ass:H

Comment

Working...
                                X