Underoos Friends - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;1009894 wrote: I'm very glad to see you back Lilly. I've been wondering about you. How is the Baclofen going if you don't mind me asking /
    Thanks for asking Bridge, Im going good on baclofen now, when I first started, had a few SE, sleepy,nausea, a wee bit of depression,nearly stopped taking it, because I was'nt feeling too good on it,but thankfully I've stuck with it, have'nt had al in weeks now, so its been well worth it.
    How are you going on baclofen Bridge, I really hope its working for you!!!

Comment

Hi,
      Yesterday when I posted I hadn't heard about the second explosion yet. I'd been hanging on hope (like everyone) that they would hopefully make contact with the workers so that they could figure out how to rescue them, just wasn't looking good.

I've lived in New Zealand for about 18 months and I'm engaged to a kiwi. We will be living in NZ and I just obtained residency. Yay! Thanks for the AA info Miss. I have no idea what I'm doing but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm trying to make friends still and it's challenging when it seams the only way to socialize is saying yes to meeting for a drink. I've just recently started saying "I don't drink" - I'll figure it out. In a lot of ways it's easier being away from all of my drinking friends at home in my early days of sobriety. I'm not sure... but I know I love living in New Zealand! It is so beautiful here.

And the beaches are total therapy for me at the moment.

My fiance and I just got back from Melbourne last week. It was my first time to Oz. I thought the city was fantastic!!

Well, Today is a sad one for the families of the workers and the community, the country, and the world. Take care, choice

Comment

Morning all,

Congratulations on your residency Choice. That's choice mate, ay. AND, congratulation's on 3 months AF! That's a huge achievement. Keep it going, and do whatever you have to do to protect your precious sobriety (life).

Inspiring to read Saph and Bridge in Gratitude mode last night.

A reflective day here.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good stuff Lilly, and hello!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Choice, MrG and all to come ...

Yep, quiet and reflective here too. The gentle, steady rain seems to suit the mood.

Catch you all later.

Comment

Lillypond059;1009917 wrote: Thanks for asking Bridge, Im going good on baclofen now, when I first started, had a few SE, sleepy,nausea, a wee bit of depression,nearly stopped taking it, because I was'nt feeling too good on it,but thankfully I've stuck with it, have'nt had al in weeks now, so its been well worth it.
              How are you going on baclofen Bridge, I really hope its working for you!!!
              It's working really well Lilly. I am lucky with the side effects, really. You are right though, we just have to persevere, and they really do resolve over a week or so.

I just thank Gord I found it.

Nice to have you here choice.

I'm off to see the wizard.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MOrning Mr. G., Tawny, Lilly, Choice and Bridge,

Great to hear that you are doing well Lilly...you little ripper!!!! Welcome Choice and congrats on 3 months!!! - thats awesome!!!!! Gentle rain falling here today as well folks and I think it will be a quiet and reflective one...thinking of the N.Z folk and how much they have to deal with right now. Have a safe, sober and magical day (thanks for the quote Mr. Geester)...BTW is your wizard the same as mine Bridge?
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Goodmorning Saph, Bridge Tawn,Mr G Choice and all to come

It feels good to be back here again, sorry for not posting for a while, was feeling a bit YUK!!! it took me a while to get used to the baclofen,

Raining here this morning, Im off out today,to spend the day with my daughter, and grandson, she has 4 kids, but the rest will be at school,also get my hair done, she's a hairdresser.
                  I trully hope you all have a fantastic day, with what ever your doing

Comment

Thanks Gustiarista, Twany, Bridget, Sapphire for the welcome. I'm laughing at the wizard stuff. Why is it called Oz? I just always write that because I like how it sounds and can never remember how to spell Australia (finally got that with out the red line spell check thing... always want to write Austrailia like there is a trail there.) Well, I've certainly been dealing with lions and tigers and bears oh my! the last 3 months but it's getting better? different? Not really sure, just not as hard as when I was drinking. I'm a little displaced these days in a new country... that's becoming home. It's Thanksgiving at home today.. well tomorrow so I'm a bit homesick. It's easier if I don't celebrate it at all because it's obviously not a holiday here and so it seams lame to hold a torch for it. And there aren't many turkeys here :H
                    cheers, choice

Comment

Hi Lilly, I think we joined MWO around the same time. Sorry you weren't feeling good. I haven't tried baclofen. I'm glad to hear your getting use to it. I'm getting more and more interested in different medicine. At first I was just scared to get addicted to anything else. I feel more calm about trying new methods now.

Comment

choice;1010177 wrote: Thanks Gustiarista, Twany, Bridget, Sapphire for the welcome. I'm laughing at the wizard stuff. Why is it called Oz? I just always write that because I like how it sounds and can never remember how to spell Australia (finally got that with out the red line spell check thing... always want to write Austrailia like there is a trail there.) Well, I've certainly been dealing with lions and tigers and bears oh my! the last 3 months but it's getting better? different? Not really sure, just not as hard as when I was drinking. I'm a little displaced these days in a new country... that's becoming home. It's Thanksgiving at home today.. well tomorrow so I'm a bit homesick. It's easier if I don't celebrate it at all because it's obviously not a holiday here and so it seams lame to hold a torch for it. And there aren't many turkeys here :H
                        cheers, choice
                        Hi Choice, I can imagine that you would be feeling a bit out of sorts in a new country. I lived interstate for 15 years (mainland Oz) I'm from Tasmania and even though Its the same country I suffered homesicknesses the whole time. I just made it my business to fly home as often as I could. Its a shame that you arent celebrating your Thanksgiving. Have you thought about having a little celebration anyway? You could eat chicken instead of turkey. Anyhoo, stick around these parts, we are a bunch of larrikans who like to have a laugh mostly, but we can be relied on when things get tricky as well. Gotta zoom x
                        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Lillypond059;1010173 wrote: Goodmorning Saph, Bridge Tawn,Mr G Choice and all to come

It feels good to be back here again, sorry for not posting for a while, was feeling a bit YUK!!! it took me a while to get used to the baclofen,

Raining here this morning, Im off out today,to spend the day with my daughter, and grandson, she has 4 kids, but the rest will be at school,also get my hair done, she's a hairdresser.
                          I trully hope you all have a fantastic day, with what ever your doing
                          Gday Lilly,

I'm so happy to see you back on the boards and I hope that you feel better on the bac soon!!!! Enjoy your day and your hairdo. Love Saffx

Comment

choice;1010177 wrote: . And there aren't many turkeys here :H
                            cheers, choice
                            Choice, all the turkeys are down in Wellington, holed up in a little building we call the Beehive. (I would put in a few laughing smilie things here except the emoticons dont seem to be working today - add crying thing!!!)

Glad the Bac is working for people and its great that people can share notes!!

I've been reading a really interesting report this morning about "talking therapies" for people with alcohol and drug issues. I stopped going to the counsellor I was seeing earlier this year around about the time that my brother died (just too much going on for me at the time), but I'm thinking about going again. This has been quite good in working out what I like and dislike about counselling and some other possible options to think about.

Lots of spontaneously organised memorial services are being held here ........ I'll try to get to one tonight I think.
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

choice;1010177 wrote: Thanks Gustiarista, Twany, Bridget, Sapphire for the welcome. I'm laughing at the wizard stuff. Why is it called Oz? I just always write that because I like how it sounds and can never remember how to spell Australia (finally got that with out the red line spell check thing... always want to write Austrailia like there is a trail there.) Well, I've certainly been dealing with lions and tigers and bears oh my! the last 3 months but it's getting better? different? Not really sure, just not as hard as when I was drinking. I'm a little displaced these days in a new country... that's becoming home. It's Thanksgiving at home today.. well tomorrow so I'm a bit homesick. It's easier if I don't celebrate it at all because it's obviously not a holiday here and so it seams lame to hold a torch for it. And there aren't many turkeys here :H
                              cheers, choice
                              Hi Choice, and welcome on board, It takes a while to get settled in a new country,we migrated to Oz quite a few years ago, when I was a lot younger!!! so Im not a fair dinkum Ozzie!!! got homesick to start with, still do at certain times, thats normal I think, but I love living here. have a great day Lilly x

Comment

Gday Lilly,

I'm so happy to see you back on the boards and I hope that you feel better on the bac soon!!!! Enjoy your day and your hairdo. Love Saffx

Thanks Saff, beginning to feel a lot better, o and thats good news about your son coming home on Sunday, you must be so excited, how long is he home for!!!
                                okay I'm off out now, Love Lilly x

Comment

Working...
                                X