• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

how do you put a border round the quote thingie !!!:new::H Lilly x

Comment

Arvo all, 3pm and it's down tools time for today.

Sorry for not responding to you all individually but my head's been all over the shop today. I think what really upsets me about the Tassie thing is that these poor grieving families don't actually have a body they can bury. Like 9/11, Katrina, the tsunami and a heap of other disasters - there really is no closure. Apparently it will take between weeks, months, even years to extract all the bodies. That does my head in. I know that if my bloke was down that mine I'd be convincing myself that maybe he found an air-pocket, maybe he's still alive, maybe, maybe, maybe ...

Best thing for me to do was talk to my lovely sister who happens to be my best mate and I love her to death. Second best thing - I ordered more trees. Third best thing - I dug the holes for when they arrive. Fourth best thing - I'm pleasantly buggered now.

I shall revert to my usual caustic self if and when I deem it to be appropriate. Oh and Missy, I had the Forum Controller disable ALL of your emoticons. *** add LMAO thingie here ***.

Can't wait for tomorrow night's communal shower ... going to ablute now. And remember: Aardvark never hurt anyone.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010273 wrote: Arvo all, 3pm and it's down tools time for today.

Sorry for not responding to you all individually but my head's been all over the shop today. I think what really upsets me about the Tassie thing is that these poor grieving families don't actually have a body they can bury. Like 9/11, Katrina, the tsunami and a heap of other disasters - there really is no closure. Apparently it will take between weeks, months, even years to extract all the bodies. That does my head in. I know that if my bloke was down that mine I'd be convincing myself that maybe he found an air-pocket, maybe he's still alive, maybe, maybe, maybe ...

Best thing for me to do was talk to my lovely sister who happens to be my best mate and I love her to death. Second best thing - I ordered more trees. Third best thing - I dug the holes for when they arrive. Fourth best thing - I'm pleasantly buggered now.

I shall revert to my usual caustic self if and when I deem it to be appropriate. Oh and Missy, I had the Forum Controller disable ALL of your emoticons. *** add LMAO thingie here ***.

Can't wait for tomorrow night's communal shower ... going to ablute now. And remember: Aardvark never hurt anyone.
        Froglet after such terrible tragedies I always get introspective about my life and how I've impacted others both positively and negatively. I think its that smack of reality about life fragility. It so sad when these things occur. I do hope you talk with your sister. Communicating with loved ones helps put perspective on life less appealing circumstances.

So before you go all caustic again *** add huggy here *** John xx
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;1010276 wrote:
          So before you go all caustic again *** add huggy here *** John xx
          ***too late***

Get.off.me.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010273 wrote: I think what really upsets me about the Tassie thing .......
            please tell me you didn't mistake us for Tasmania :H:H:H:H
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010277 wrote: ***too late***

Get.off.me.
              that was quick!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Miss Behaving;1010280 wrote: please tell me you didn't mistake us for Tasmania :H:H:H:H
                OMG Missy - no I really didn't but I was also thinking about when the Tassie miners got stuck ... with a good result ... and I know New Zealand is soooo much bigger than Tassie and soo much snowier and lovelier and all the goodest people live there and ***shit where's the extract foot from mouth thingy *** when you need it ...

Comment

techie;1010281 wrote: that was quick!
                  Well, I'd had a good laugh - wondering where we'd be if Tchaikovsky had written the "Ballbreaker Suite ... I reckon rappers would be performing it ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010284 wrote: Well, I'd had a good laugh - wondering where we'd be if Tchaikovsky had written the "Ballbreaker Suite ... I reckon rappers would be performing it ...

Goodnight Froglet

Comment

Yo!

Nighters, Techie. May you have gentle dreams.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010283 wrote: OMG Missy - no I really didn't but I was also thinking about when the Tassie miners got stuck ... with a good result ... and I know New Zealand is soooo much bigger than Tassie and soo much snowier and lovelier and all the goodest people live there and ***shit where's the extract foot from mouth thingy *** when you need it ...
                        oi!!!!!!
                        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

sapphire1;1010301 wrote: oi!!!!!!
                          yeah, I know that I risked offending you Saff, but I just couldn't resist :H:H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Oh bugger me sideways ... I've sucked up to Missy, now I'll have to suck up to Saffy and all the Yanks 'cause I haven't said Happy Thanksgiving and the Scots and the Paddies and the Expats of various denominations and ... oh bloody hell - I am in such deep doo-doos.

*** add hair-tearing despair thingy here ***

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010307 wrote: Oh bugger me sideways ... I've sucked up to Missy, now I'll have to suck up to Saffy and all the Yanks 'cause I haven't said Happy Thanksgiving and the Scots and the Paddies and the Expats of various denominations and ... oh bloody hell - I am in such deep doo-doos.

*** add hair-tearing despair thingy here ***
                              Oh my dear Tawny, dont you know how much it means to the rest of us to know you aint a perfect specimen of a human being???? :H:H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Reggie;1010312 wrote: Glad my emoticons are working i shall respond on you behalf TF no one likes greaser tassie and NZ :moon:
                                Reg, what the hell are you on about dude:H
                                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
                                X