Underoos Friends - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Behaving;1010303 wrote: yeah, I know that I risked offending you Saff, but I just couldn't resist :H:H

Tassie devils have veerryyy good memories MIssy!!! Be afraid, be very afraid:H
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Miss Behaving;1010311 wrote: ....you aint a perfect specimen of a human being???? :H:H
      Oh Missy - I've nevah set myself up as such but must admit I do have rather attractive clavicles. And cheek bones but I don't know what their proper name is. Yeah. That ought to get the blokes a'throbbin'.

Comment

sapphire1;1010314 wrote: Tassie devils have veerryyy good memories MIssy!!! Be afraid, be very afraid:H
        Saffy - I went to Hobart once, for Xmas. It snowed on Xmas Eve on Mt Wellington. It doesn't even do that here in the real Wellington :H:H

Beautiful tramping though!!!!!

(and actually Port Arthur was a great eye-opener)
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010320 wrote: Oh Missy - I've nevah set myself up as such but must admit I do have rather attractive clavicles. And cheek bones but I don't know what their proper name is.
          zygomatic arch :H

I like my clavicles too!

And now that I'm wearing sandals every day I am going to have my toenails done!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1010320 wrote: Oh Missy - I've nevah set myself up as such but must admit I do have rather attractive clavicles. And cheek bones but I don't know what their proper name is. Yeah. That ought to get the blokes a'throbbin'.
            Zygomatic bones dude..yeah!!!!
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Can I join you mutual admiration society, I know devils are ugly critters but there mothers luv em

Comment

Right, I'm not going to get sucked into chatting all night with you all and not getting enough sleep like I did the other day!! Off to get myself organised for the morning and into bed early enough that I sleep well.

looking forward to shower night tomorrow and I have tangerine and ginger exfoliant on the shopping list. Any other supplies needed let me know and I'll pick them up at Woollies in the morning.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1009911 wrote: Sapphy, I am terrified to think about it.

I often think that we on this site are the lucky ones, who managed to pull something out of our arses (or psyches ) to get us here.

Or do we have an economic or cultural advantage which will enable us to save ourselves, where others less fortunate will not ?

Sorry, I am tired, emotional and overly philosophical :H
                  Evil, glib Bridget will be back early AM.:H
                  Going back to this...I was thinking today about how we really must care about ourselves in order to put in the hard yards to get sober. If we want this for ourselves then we must like ourselves at least a little.
                  It reminds me of something in the book I've just read about James Freud getting sober - he had the revelation that he deserves better than the shit he was putting on himself. It was a turning point. Abusing the physical vessel with alcohol or nicotine or drugs or too much sugar is akin to...say, starving as an anorexic might.

Jeepers Jones - tired, emotional & philosophical is catching...
                  My flag is flying at halfmast today.
                  Not sure what I've dropped in on...will go back & continue catching up.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1010280 wrote: please tell me you didn't mistake us for Tasmania :H:H:
                    :H:H:H Frogster that's too funny. This forum will be on Today Tonight Noo Zuland & riots could possibly break out. Expect many humungous Moari fellas on your door (a dream I've had before)

Comment

Angelcakes;1010327 wrote: Going back to this...I was thinking today about how we really must care about ourselves in order to put in the hard yards to get sober. If we want this for ourselves then we must like ourselves at least a little.
                      It reminds me of something in the book I've just read about James Freud getting sober - he had the revelation that he deserves better than the shit he was putting on himself. It was a turning point. Abusing the physical vessel with alcohol or nictine or drugs or too much sugar is akin to...say, starving as an anorexic might.

Gday Angel,

Couldnt agree more. It just occurred to me that we wouldnt pour drain cleaner down the throat of any loved one/best friend, but we quite willingly do it to ourselves. It therefore means that we have no love/respect/concern for ourselves. When we find our way clear to forgive/love ourselves, perhaps for the first time in our lives then we can heal properly.

Comment

Angelcakes;1010327 wrote: Going back to this...I was thinking today about how we really must care about ourselves in order to put in the hard yards to get sober. If we want this for ourselves then we must like ourselves at least a little.
                        It reminds me of something in the book I've just read about James Freud getting sober - he had the revelation that he deserves better than the shit he was putting on himself. It was a turning point. Abusing the physical vessel with alcohol or nictine or drugs or too much sugar is akin to...say, starving as an anorexic might.

I was cleaning some stuff out a couple of months ago. Came across something that I accumulated in the course of a Catholic secondary school education. It was a meditation/reflection about "abusing your body". When I was growing up, that was a code word for having sex or masturbation. But when I read what we were given (in the 1970s) it was actually all about eating healthily, exercising, and not doing alcohol or drugs.

amazing how much wiser my teachers got as I got older ..... :H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Angelcakes;1010336 wrote: Expect many humungous Moari fellas on your door
                          Yes. That would be fine. I have plenty of food and I know they don't talk too much. Thank you, Grinder.

Comment

In other news: I went to the House of Target to purchase steel toe workboots today...got waylaid & saw some noice pants...none of my size (12)available so I take a 10 & a 14 to the changerooms to see if one of those'll work. The 10's worked.
                            I'm having spare ribs & taties smothered in butter tonight...wee bit of salad on the side.
                            No workboots were purchased.

Comment

sapphire1;1010338 wrote: Gday Angel,

Couldnt agree more. It just occurred to me that we wouldnt pour drain cleaner down the throat of any loved one/best friend, but we quite willingly do it to ourselves. It therefore means that we have no love/respect/concern for ourselves. When we find our way clear to forgive/love ourselves, perhaps for the first time in our lives then we can heal properly.
                              WORD.

Comment

Angelcakes;1010343 wrote: In other news: I went to the House of Target to purchase steel toe workboots today...got waylaid & saw some noice pants...none of my size (12)available so I take a 10 & a 14 to the changerooms to see if one of those'll work. The 10's worked.
                                I'm having spare ribs & taties smothered in butter tonight...wee bit of salad on the side.
                                No workboots were purchased.
                                You tearaway you:H

Comment

Working...
                                X