Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

Reggie? How are you doing this morning?

Kicking goals here - the wood bin is finally full and ready for next winter. Topiary practice completed, suffering a slight dose of ladder-legs but dog, it feels good.

Comment

Morning Oz, and a glorious Perth day unfolding outside my window. Unfortunately, think I'm not going to be out there.
      Bridge, I'm still chuffed that kitty came home. Like G, I held out hope, though as time went by I was starting to think I may have been wrong. Delighted my gut feeling was correct.
      Reggie, I'm pleased you're okay this morning. I hate those ghastly moments when you just want to go to sleep and not wake up. I was trapped in a loveless marriage for six years...well it was loveless for me and what he thought was love was just disfunctional, sick and pervy. You may not 'love' her but do you 'like' her? If things are otherwise perfect maybe it can be rekindled as Bridge suggests. Missy B says you give the best hugs and are a bit of a sweetie...
      Mr G, be afraid, be very afraid (you did ask our opinion). Unless the ex-flame ends her present relationship before wanting to see you again, tread carefully. I think maybe she's weighing up her options and if someone had to think as hard as that about whether I was The One or not...well, they're not The One for me! You deserve to be Unquestionably The One. Okay...so it was a shock meeting and she has stuff to think about (as you are doing). I get that, but just be careful. We all would hate to see you get hurt. Oh, and remember, I am the Great Love Guru...NOT.
      Missy, great that you had a good time here and got to meet the fellas. I've only been here a short while but I'm kind of protective and very intrigued about Reggie and Geester, so I can imagine how much longer all the girls have felt the same way...and why they're all so jealous (I am too). Also very happy that you got home safely and all is well.
      Tawny, your wood shed looks just like ours did when we (prior to/during Family Fracture)were living in Mundaring with the chooks (Chickadee as matriach), cats, (Reg, also known as Reggie Veg, Rebekah the 'attitude cat' and Reffie the refugee). I took a lot of frustrations out with the axe.
      Well, mustn't get nostalgic...have a beautiful day all, a beautiful sober Sunday. xxxx
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Bridge,

Love the idea that M'selle is your role model as Betty is definitely mine! That is amazing that she turned up .... have your scouts any idea on where she might have been hanging out???

Reg :l glad the fishing is good!! One of my brothers has land in the Marlborough Sounds, where he plans to retire and live off freshly caught fish and vegetables that he has grown himself. I plan to join him as long as I can have chooks!! And as long as he agrees to electricity being connected :H:H

Crap day here, and if I hear anyone from Melbourne say what a lovely day it is I will shoot them. Just put some fake tan on to reinforce my tales of what fantastic weather I had while I was there:H

Off now to grovel before Sarge ......... have a few days of sloth-dom to do penance for!!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Arvo all,

Late start for me today, had a nice sleepin till around 8.30am. KIds all laying about the house playing various games on various peices of electronic wizardry. All is well in my world. Isnt it just bloody lovely about your car Bridge!!! What an inspiration she is to us all. Did stacks of exercise this morning. Did I mention that I am on a low carb...raw food detox? Well that went like a bomb until last night. I busted big time and ordered a pizza and ate the whole lot. The excitement of Bridges cat coming back and Cracker on the tele sent me over the edge. So its nose to the grindstone again....at least this week I can eat a bit more fusking bread. Glad you are feeling better today Reg. Ya know what...living with someone and actually still liking them has got a lot going for it. Mad passion and all that fades....if you are left with a genuine respect and friendship, there are far worse things. Like, ending a marriage, hating each other and living alone lonely. Something to think about? We are like to buy into the illusion of the mills and boon stories....they rarely stack up with reality...and the grass is very rarely greener on the other side of the fence, its just tastes a bit fresher for a while...and then...........
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Well here she is. The cat who will not die. Looking scrawny and thin and drawn, but still with us.

If a nuclear bomb was dropped there would remain only cockroaches and THIS CAT. :H

I will post more photos as I work my magic on her to build her back up.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Lovely - Bridge - does she show any signs of injury?

Comment

I can only feel the remains of the puncture wounds.

If I hadn't been close to hand to drag the little mongrel off her, it would have been a different story.

She is eating and drinking up a storm, so she'll be fine.
                Tomorrow I'll get her some supps (what's good for the goose) at vet's.

Might give her some Kudzu & see what it does for her :H
                She won't let me out of her sight.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And what's the story with the dogs?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1008108 wrote: And what's the story with the dogs?
                    Have all the details and a number for them.

I've tossed it up and ruminated endlessly.
                    I think I'll contact them and discuss it with them, and get an undertaking that they will secure their yard so it can't happen again.
                    The offending dog is a pound rescue, so God alone knows what the background is there.
                    If I contact the pound then certain things have to happen as a matter of course, and I don't think I want that karma stuck to me.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

awwhh Bridge, she looks just like you. she looks a lot like a little cat that I had years ago, a tabby called Tigger. Very small but with a big heart. Obviously your girl has the heart of a lion, bless her.
                      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Yes, I think a quiet word with the owners would be the best way to go. Maybe this was totally a one-off situation? Maybe the dog escaped? Maybe the owners were also upset and looking for it. Maybe it's a much-loved family pet. Who TF knows?

When I had the G. dane, she once escaped and was chasing a neighbour's sheep around the paddock. Didn't bite them or anything but just kept chasing them round and round. I was sooooo glad the dude came and told me rather than just splat her - which he'd be quite entitled to do.

Comment

sapphire1;1008110 wrote: awwhh Bridge, she looks just like you. she looks a lot like a little cat that I had years ago, a tabby called Tigger. Very small but with a big heart. Obviously your girl has the heart of a lion, bless her.
                          Yes she's her mother's girl :H

So folks, next time you're pushing it uphill and feeling beleaguered and put upon, spare a thought for Mademoiselle the (now) 2.8 kilo 16 year old cat with the spirit of a lion.

If a little cat can pull it out of her arse when the going gets tough, so can we. Right ?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1008112 wrote: Yes, I think a quiet word with the owners would be the best way to go. Maybe this was totally a one-off situation? Maybe the dog escaped? Maybe the owners were also upset and looking for it. Maybe it's a much-loved family pet. Who TF knows?

When I had the G. dane, she once escaped and was chasing a neighbour's sheep around the paddock. Didn't bite them or anything but just kept chasing them round and round. I was sooooo glad the dude came and told me rather than just splat her - which he'd be quite entitled to do.
                            Exactly.
                            And I'm aware that the dog was just responding to it's breeding and raising before it's current home.

I can't be responsible directly or indirectly for the suffering of an animal.

I'm a huge Dane fan btw. Beautiful elegant creatures they are.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Have you got a photo ?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

B - it was before I had a digital camera so I'll see what I can find and scan. Gorgeous dog. Lucy.

Comment

Working...
                                X