Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends - November

Miss Behaving;1013214 wrote: Bridge:

have you seen the "Dangerous book for boys" or whatever it is called???? I bought it for Mr B's son a couple of Xmas's ago, and then boy bought "Dangerous book for Dad's" last Xmas, and they have had a great time doing stuff over the last couple of years. Like working out how to measure how far a sky rocket flies up into the air, and how to tie different types of knots and filleting fish that they had caught themselves. And actually the last of those Mr B was a bit squeamish about so I had to do it :H:H

Also: any vegetable suggestions for a patch of earth that continuously and sucessfully grows humungous lettuce and spinach/silverbeet, but has failed on beetroot and carrots?? I'm quite tempted to try climbing beans or sugar snap peas, but the spot doesn't get a lot of sun. (although it is very sheltered from wind which is A Good Thing in Wellington!).

The things that did best in that spot was helleborus .... and if I dont manage to grow a decent vegie crop there this year I will go back to that!!
    Funny. I'm looking at that, and other books for him. Trying to get him away from that frigging X Box live..... Re veges....I'll bet you've got a drainage issue and hence no success with your "root' veges.

Either stay above ground (climbers as you said) or fix the drainage with a shiteload of organic matter dug in. Climbers will seek/ climb to the sun to a certain extent too.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Miss Behaving;1013216 wrote: Keep posting all as it gives me an excuse to try out my new iPad what arrived on my door step tonight !!
      Oooo Oooo.....
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1013261 wrote: Re veges....I'll bet you've got a drainage issue and hence no success with your "root' veges.

Either stay above ground (climbers as you said) or fix the drainage with a shiteload of organic matter dug in. Climbers will seek/ climb to the sun to a certain extent too.
        Perfect diagnosis Dr Jones ...... it is very close to where the (concrete!) foundations are! I've been putting in shit loads of compost and leaf mulch, so the soil is pretty rich, but I hadn't thought about drainage.

I'll give beans and peas a go this year I think. Not much sun, but not much to be lost trying it out!

Orf to bed. Late again, but have been playing with my new toy!! I like very much :H:H
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

OK - exposes bits of self ...

Rhetorical question.

How do you tell if you're suffering from depression OR you're just bloody pissed off?

Going hori to think about that. No need to reply.

Comment

so, i just droped the old powersuplie off the top of my tower, it fell 18 inches and hit me in the face. 5mm from my right eye, after the panic and frozen peas , first thought.... NEED a BEER... wow, i still got the alkie brain.
            I am all good, guna have a shiner in the morn though... see yas.
            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Miss Behaving;1013284 wrote:
              Orf to bed. Late again, but have been playing with my new toy!! I like very much :H:H
              Have you tried the constellations app? You don't even need a clear night sky to look at all of them, with the built-in compass and all that. As long as the batteries last, you can even navigate by the stars!!!

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool!

I'm in love with your toy... the iPad, that is... :h
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

aspman;1013302 wrote: so, i just droped the old powersuplie off the top of my tower, it fell 18 inches and hit me in the face. 5mm from my right eye, after the panic and frozen peas , first thought.... NEED a BEER... wow, i still got the alkie brain.
                I am all good, guna have a shiner in the morn though... see yas.
                Hey, at least this time you'll remember where you go the shiner from...

I suffered from a terrible shoulder injury once, and had to make up a story as to how it came about... Still a mystery to me... (as were the events of most nights).

But yes: I agree with the alkie brain wiring... it doesn't change very quickly
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back, guys.

The battle is now on. I fought the beast this evening and am proud to have got home from college without stopping at the bottle shop. Then....went to make myself some supper and found a new, unopened bottle of Pinot Grigio in the fridge!

It is in the garage, now, warming up and will become a teacher's Christmas pressie tomorrow.

Have also told hubby not to buy me any more wine.

Relaxing is going to happening for me in a few minutes. Cold juice and an hour winding down with a book.

Night all
                  CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Evening folk's!

G'day Tipper! Get well soon Aspy.

Well, it's all go here. I've just been to Woolies and it's beetroot, beetroot, and more beetroot. I can't get enough of the stuff, and at 57 cents a can for the homebrand sort, i'm laughing! What's more, after reading one of Missy's post's about combining mint/beetroot, i now know what to do with all that wild mint in me backyard.

On a less serious note, G-bloke.com is going GLOBAL. I'm going to need a flash looking sort of brand signature, probably a haircut, and definately more beetroot.

It is absolutely fabulous to have this week off, and not be back at work till next tuesday. I'm loving it, and obviously needing the break. It's been a crazy, busy year. L8tr.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good stuff CW. Night.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

G'nite Mr. G and all--pleasant dreams.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!
                          AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Happy December everyone!

Off to get more beetroot. I can't get enough of it.

Comment

i liked the november thread...
                              AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

That's alright, Aspy - we'll come and visit you in here every so often ...

Comment

Working...
                                X