Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey is here...Get your ass in gear November !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Nora, I am so impressed!!! I tried so hard to stay up and watch a movie - but gave in at 10:30...can you believe that? 10:30 on a Saturday night? That's sad. Sounds like you had such a great time - especially with your son. It has been busy here today...we were so worried about RC - but isn't it great that we all pulled together as a family? I can't wait for her to get to Ruby's either....I bet the 2 of them together will be something else!!!:H
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

X post Vick-you are silly if you think we would let you walk way....we love you and need you here! Now, where is Jan????? Do we have to put an APB out for her too?
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

OK finally got n shower and R C called! Couln't catch phone :H. So is close, will go rescue if needed. Don't DO this 2 this old woman!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I've been missing MB too today. Maybe she hooked with up RC and is on her way to Ruby's cabin. What a threesome that would be!!!

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
          - Vernon Howard

Comment

Hi all
            Tops, sometimes I think I may be on antabuse for the next few years. I hate it to be that way but will try this last time to do without. I don't know why I worry about it. Just hate to take meds I guess, Ruby I will keep that in mind if we hit ATL. Vick we all love you sober or not. Been outside all day riding bike and then cleaned out shed (really bad) found a bunch of birdhouse gourds I can use for project in back of shed. Gotta go supper burning

Comment

Tracy - you were not rambling at all. Believe me. I am taking Antabuse and it was just what I needed. Those paragraphs that you quoted really explain the way I feel. It has stopped that internal battle for me. I wasted so much energy on that "Will I drink? Won't I drink" every single day. That mind game was there every day! Even on the days that I wasn't drinking, I just wasted so much of my energy. It has been wonderful to have that gone. I have days where I want to drink but I know I can't so that's that.
              I am trying to find other things to do so that is not my first thought. I'm obviously still working on it but for me, the antabuse helped me so much. It has got me going in the right direction and is giving me the time I need to remember how to do other things without the voice in me head. If you have any questions, please ask. :l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

i am here....sunnni bunni called and fusses at me cause she loves me!!! went to get biys haircuts and now off to Nana;s for Sunday dinner...not too much to say but I love you all and will check in when I get home tonight
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well, I screwed up and I feel really bad about it. I went back to look at the post made since mine on the "wake up" thread and I got so angry, that I called a person out and wasn't very kind to her. I really hate being ugly to anyone, but it makes me so mad that this person is always stirring up trouble and running people out of here! Please forgive me if it was your friend that I was not very kind to. Maybe, now, you all want me to go ??? I'm through with all the drama and I have never posted on one before. I'm all about staying sober and that is my committment to all of you. Jan, I hope that article did not discourage you. They were not talking about you, but me, so please don't feel alone, because we all love you dearly. We've been playing telephone tag, but call me tomorrow on my home phone. This cell barely works unless I'm outside and in the right tree holding my arm a certain way! LOL! Vicki
                  I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                  but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vicki - Please stop worrying about it. We need to continue doing what we need to do to help ourselves. You have been doing great - as you posted. Look how many sober days you have had. That is fantastic. Remember how much better you are than before. That is what I am doing. I have made improvement. We are not going to be able to please everyone. I got upset too. But, I have come to realize that we are doing our best. We get so down on ourselves when we don't meet up to our own expectations. We certainly don't need to worry about anyone else. Some people are judgmental. That is their nature and they are also sure that they know how things should be.
                    Please - stay away from that thread. Please focus on yourself. I know that's not easy. We are not used to taking care of ourselves. But, we need to. You are such a wonderful person. Please remember that. :l:l:l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Vicki, I heard you say that "Driver" is "Kate." If so, that makes me sad. Kate and I got to know each other a bit in chat. We share a state and a common political point of view, so, that would make me sad.

It really does not matter who is was though - or it shouldn't to you. You are not here for applause or approval, but to get well. Whether or not any individual puts their stamp of approval on your struggle is so very unimportant. That you continue the struggle is crucial. This thread is a good place to do that. Lucky us, eh?

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                      - Vernon Howard

Comment

Vicki - you KNOW that you have to stay here - we need you here - you cannot leave us - we all love you here. this is your family speaking! No matter what you say or do, you stay here - right? right! good, that is settled then.

Hope to hear the Rc is with Ruby soon. It has been a VERY long day for me. even with the extra hour. think I might be going to bed early. I had planned on hitting a mountain of ironing but think it might have to wait until Tuesday (my next day off).

Back in a few.

Hugs, Sun xx
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun - you are doing great!!! Congratulations on day 1!!!!!!!

Bird - Congratulations to you too! Did you stop the antabuse today or do you just take it sometimes?
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ya'll behave! Sitting out n cold waitng for RC. Hope I hear soon, dogs ready 2 sleep!
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well the damma is gone well at least i hope so.. time to keep moving forward ... and lets work to the goal we are here for to get sober ... and make it there one way or the other but do our best together ...
                              so heres to you all ...The Journey is here...so get your asses in gear and let keep on shifting
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I love your thread...may I join in?
                                :h Mish :h
                                sigpic
                                Never give up...
                                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                                Only in a world of speculation.
                                What might have been and what has been
                                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X