Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey is here...Get your ass in gear November !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me three lol
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Better get the bus ready Tony!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hii all
        Well I ended up taking an antabuse this morning. Guess its not the end of the world. Nothing going on. Having to practice piano and seems like it never gets easier or better. Plodding along. Must go ride bike also. Another slow process, ride forever to lose 1 pound and gain it back eating 1 slice of pizza. Well, this is how life works. See you later...b

Comment

Better tell Momma tony, ID. Thanx for the calls all. I was abit puny yest but Dr. RC is working on me, brought me great spices, bath stuff! She' a GREAT houseguest! Wish u were here-we're rambling around today.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh n and the PMs!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey all, I screwed up and drank yesterday. I feel like a total failure today. I will be fine and will start again today, sorry for the let down!

Comment

Trapped it is like that starting out. Try to think ,well I was AF for X amount of days and then drank one day. That is better than drinking everyday and it means I am progressing along....rubes sounds like you are having a great time.

Comment

Zach, I left a response on your Day 1 thread. Hang tough with us. You're back to day 1. That sobriety toolbox thread is really good. And having someone in your life to share your journey might help.

I just finished paying bills and was astonished to realize that we are actually catching up! By the end of the year, we should be 100% current on everything. Just a couple months ago, I was pretty sure we were going down.

I see my NP tomorrow and break the bad news on baclofen and get on the antabuse. People are telling me that I'm setting myself up for future problems, that I'll be uninsurable, etc., because I've got it on my medical record. There's nothing I can do right now to control what happens in the future anyway, so I figure I'll do what works now. I'm looking forward to being on the antabuse. That idea of not having a choice and not being constantly haunted by cravings. It occurred to me though that the cravings should still be there, but not having the options sounds like a kind of freedom.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                  - Vernon Howard

Comment

TrappedDad;1000038 wrote: Hey all, I screwed up and drank yesterday. I feel like a total failure today. I will be fine and will start again today, sorry for the let down!
                    HEY TRAP shit happens buddy so what you had a drink but the thing is ..YOU realise it you are see it,learning and may not understand iot... but you will ...you said it the week bull just another day and start treating it just as that ..weekend father husband bussnessman .. not much changes during the week you are still bussnessman, father, husband ... keep working on ... get the contracts out and sign on the bottom line ... you know what this might be something here .. think about that ...
                    well anyway buddy keep going and never let your guard down

hey just had to post this here too ... im thinking of a different aprouch

Comment

Getting my ass in gear

Hi Everyone!
                      Okay...I guess since it's still November, I still have time to get my ass in gear and make a sober start during this month of renewal!! I just found a picture of myself 11 years ago when I was the picture of health, swimming, biking and running. OMG. I looked so amazing. Compared to the trainwreck that I saw staring back at me from the bathroom mirror this morning :-( I put the pretty picture up as a reminder that I can be that beautiful person again but NOT by drinking two bottles of wine every day/night!

So my ass is offciailly in gear and I will be staying close to MWO in these coming days. Hoping my supplements arrive today because I know they will help with the early withdrawal symptoms.

First step today is cleaning up my kitchen, which I can hardly bear to look at, but I want to have it clean in order to be able to use my juicer for the yummy detox fresh juices that I love to drink!

Happy Tuesday to everyone!

Sam :new:
                      "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
                      Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Samantha T.;1000093 wrote: Hi Everyone!
                        Okay...I guess since it's still November, I still have time to get my ass in gear and make a sober start during this month of renewal!! I just found a picture of myself 11 years ago when I was the picture of health, swimming, biking and running. OMG. I looked so amazing. Compared to the trainwreck that I saw staring back at me from the bathroom mirror this morning :-( I put the pretty picture up as a reminder that I can be that beautiful person again but NOT by drinking two bottles of wine every day/night!

So my ass is offciailly in gear and I will be staying close to MWO in these coming days. Hoping my supplements arrive today because I know they will help with the early withdrawal symptoms.

First step today is cleaning up my kitchen, which I can hardly bear to look at, but I want to have it clean in order to be able to use my juicer for the yummy detox fresh juices that I love to drink!

Hey Sam! and welcome to our screwed up family :H Tell us a little about yourself, and keep on posting here. This is a very safe place in deed!

Comment

Rog - thanks for the call man, I really needed that boost today!

Comment

Welcome Sam :welcome:. Glad to have you here. Yahoo - your ass is in gear. :goodjob:

Zach - I posted to you on your Day 1 thread. I hope you get a chance to read it. Don't beat yourself up anymore. You just did 2 days AF!!! Now let's do another 2. :goodjob:

Morning everyone else. I've got to get ready for work. So, I'll catch you all later. :l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Samantha T.;1000093 wrote: Hi Everyone!

welcome ... glad to meet ya ... hangout and read and please feel free to share alittle about yourself and we are here to help one another as best as we can

Comment

Good morning all! Welcome to Sam - nice to see you here, joining us. Ruby - good to hear from you, glad that you two are having a great time.

Trap - I almost joined you yesterday in a drink - but did hang in there. so, start again today with me. I feel sort of stretched taut right now which could be the cigs rather than the drink. I got home from work last night absolutely wiped out, went to bed around 1.00 and slept until 9.00 this morning!! Could still have slept more but didn't want to waste my day off.
                                Trap - what was your trigger from yesterday that made you have a drink and how much did you have? Are you planning on being AF again today? You are not a failure. Someone here likened the giving up of AL to the process of riding a bike - you wobble a lot and often fall off and then one day - there you go - you are riding with no problem!!

Grateful - I do hope that you are feeling better - it will get better - ask Rog - everyone - Grateful had to have her beloved Molly put down yesterday, so is feeling really low. So sad , dogs are so much part of our lives - they give so much and ask for nothing except love in return.

Swannie - hope that you are feeling a bit better again today - each day a little stronger - yes?

Nora - good morning to you too. Bird - that's fine taking the Ant - it is better to take it and not drink don't you think? You will come off it one day. Topsy - good news re the bills that is for sure. Re the Ant - if you don't want to ask the Doc but just want to see how it goes for you - I have some you can have. PM me your last name and address okay?

Oh Jan - where are you today? Which reminds me. Post Office. My head is just SO slow this morning. Seems to becoming a daily occurrence. think I am getting older. ALMOST AS OLD AS RUBY LOL

Rog, Tony. Fennel, Panno, Time, Oh goodness, I am never going to remember everyone. LOVE you all,

Hugs too,

love, Sun x
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X