Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey is here...Get your ass in gear November !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sun - Good on you!!!

Grateful - I am so very sorry. I know how hard this is. :l:l:l:l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hang in there, Grateful...:l I know the void that losing a dear companion leaves in our hearts. :h

Comment

I'm getting my ass in gear...gonna head downstairs and work out.

Comment

Hi Trapped :-)
          Well, a little bit about me...I am also trapped!! By a job that I hate and have hated for the past 15 years. But lately I have been entertaining the idea of throwing all caution to the wind, dumping my house (the only reason I have stayed in a job that I hate) and going back to school (at age 48) for a new career. "Sam hating her job" has been my "story" for way too long and I am tired of it. Time to write a new book! "Sam drinks wayyyyy too much" has been the other story that needs rewriting!

Let's commit to becoming UNTRAPPED and FREE from alcohol and the circumstances in our life that we only think we are trapped in. I am tired of being a victim of myself!!
          "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
          Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Hey, guys! Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, spent most of the day unconscious or in the emergency room. My stomach pacer is not working and I am throwing up everything I eat, even diet sprite. Terribly naxious today and so weak and dehydrated. Gotta go back to Jackson to see the doctor AGAIN, waiting on them to call me with an appointment. Going back to bed, hopefully I can sleep the day away until I feel better. I love you all, Vicki
            WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE! GREAT PLACE TO BE!
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

OMG Vicki...feel better...your health really worries me
              I slept in late...tossed and turned last night...
              Bird...taking the Antabuse is a GOOD thing
              Grateful...I am SOOO sorry, i know your heart is breaking!! BIG HUGS
              Sunni - I got your card. You are so sweet to me
              I am sorry you are feeling puny mimzey..glad Doctor RC is taking care of you
              Welcome Sam
              Trap - you know we still love you....i will post on other thread
              I wish I was at the Smithsonian with T right now....
              ok....need to get my ass in gear and do something around this house
              Morniing Nora and Fen!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi, family. Just a quick post to say thank you all for caring. It was most unexpected...somehow Molly broke her back yesterday morning....probably the husky was playing too hard with her? - she is a small cocker spaniel. Anyway, I held her while the vet put her to sleep...she is at peace now.

I will post more later - so busy at work.

Welcome, Sam!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Sam, what do you do for a living, I have been hating my career for a long time to. I run a software company.

SOS, girl, please take care of yourself

Sun, how goes it? Don't pick up that drink ok? I am trying again today!

MB, thanks for the word up! You know you rock

Grateful, sorry bout your loss. I have 3 very old pets, two dogs and a cat that are not too far off themselves, I dread the day...

Comment

Oh.....Grateful :upset:
                    My heart is breaking for you....I am soooooo sorry about your Molly. I volunteer with a cocker spaniel rescue and have two cockers of my own. I also lost my old girl this past May, but at least I had some warning with her b/c she had cancer. Your loss came so suddenly. Poor little Molly ....and poor you. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Sam
                    Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Trapped - I am a court reporter. I do depositions in attorneys' offices. I went to school for 5 years to learn stenography. It has been a decent job but it is so boring I can hardly stand it. Since that was my only college, if I want to go back to school now, I literally have to start at ground zero. And if I want to make any headway (i.e., not only taking one class at a time) I will need to go full time. Which means downsizing in a big way. It's all so overwhelming :upset:

I'm sorry you hate your job too. It is very sad to spend so many hours each day doing something that is not fulfilling. I feel your pain!

Sam
                      Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

I have lost my happy and I want it back.
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Grateful;1000236 wrote: Hi, family. Just a quick post to say thank you all for caring. It was most unexpected...somehow Molly broke her back yesterday morning....probably the husky was playing too hard with her? - she is a small cocker spaniel. Anyway, I held her while the vet put her to sleep...she is at peace now.

I will post more later - so busy at work.

Welcome, Sam!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
                          im so sorry grateful and i understand how you must be feeling now .. we are still waiting to hear news on coco she had the surgery and now not wanting to eat anything they try to give her ... they are taking good care of her ..from what they tell us and sue has been to see her...
                          sending hugs and prayers to you grateful
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

((((((((((((((((SUN)))))))))))))))))))
                            I hope you get your happy back!!! :l:h
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sun, sorry you are having a down day. Grateful and tirgs, my heart goes out to you. I've decided my present pup is my last because it's just too dang painful to lose them.

Welcome, Sam. Hi to everyone else.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                              - Vernon Howard

Comment

i think the approaching holidays may be affecting me. When the boys were little and hubs and I made good money, Christmas around here was HUGE. Now, I am such a scrooge. I asked if could ban it last year and got awful looks from my family.
                                Still no job, but it's only been a week and a few days.
                                Oh Grateful, that is just heartbreaking.
                                Sunni.....that Topa may be doing it...I hate it when I lose my happy.....
                                I love you
                                Ok Trap..are you being good tonight??
                                hey sweet nora and rog
                                kisses to all
                                I know I am being a little boring these days, but that's my life for now.
                                I started watching Weeds on Netflix and am thinking I could be a pot dealer. No one would ever suspect me. What do ya'll think??

Hey tracey!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X