THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you that are close to me know I was suddenly fired from my brand new job last Friday. If you want to know all the the gory details, read the October Journey thread.

The point of this thread is to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all amazing love and support I have received. The phone calls, the PM's, and the words of encouragement have meant so much to me.

Sunshinedaisies, Ruby, Panno, Tlrgs, Nora, Techie, Fennel,Nora, Trapped Dad, Topsy, RC......all you have been amazing. I am sorry if I forgot anyone. Offfers of money, sending my resume to family members, links to look at jobs, and righteous indignation all made me feel so loved. Those of you that I spoke to personally mean the world to me.

Sometimes life isn't fair and good people get the shaft. But with family like you behind me, I stayed sober and felt so loved.

Off to read the want ads!!

ps...I believe there is a tank to smash people somewhere if anyone wants to borrow it!! In the Dos gatos thread

Mama
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

It's what we're good at, hon. Support. Call me at the cabin this week. I have the tank idling..........
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hang in there, Mama...you sound great! :l

Comment

SENDING BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU MAMA LOVE YA GIRL
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

:l Mama :l

I was suddenly (and suspiciously) fired from a job in January. It was a sh*t job, but being fired is just devastating, at least it was to me.

You are a very strong person with much to give. You're gonna be just fine!

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
          - Vernon Howard

Comment

you are very welcome MB and I am still working hard for you in the digital relm of cyber job hunting...will keep you posted. just an FYI. MOST new paper posts are bull shit leads. get out in your car and go visit the town. Looking for a full time job should be a full time job...just sayin...

Comment

Oh Mama,

Just catching up on this now, you know me.... I tend to hang out in the "just starting thread" alot. Im always just starting...

Im so sorry you lost your new job, but I am thrilled at all the support you received here. The people here are truly amazing.

They say everything happens for a reason, and I really believe that. This job was simply not meant to be and not part of a bigger plan that God has for you. You have to believe that.

Im sure the job that was meant to be yours will be popping into your future very soon. Im so proud of you staying sober through all this, with thanks to Aunty (I like that term lol).

Love ya!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Love you mama bear. I hope you find something soon!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

LOVE YOU................
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

LOVE YOU BACK and then some.
                    When my sons were little they said, "I Love you this much" and they would hold their arms wide open....

Comment

Mama - Glad you stayed sober - we've all got to keep that first and foremost. If you can make it sober through the tough stuff, you know you can make it. Stay positive, and sending positive vibes your way! :l :h
                      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Thanks sweetie!!

Comment

Glad you stayed sober, Mama. Isn't that a good feeling? To start handling life's disappointments and challenges without AL? That is definitely a silver lining in this cloud. Best wishes to you on your job search!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

mamabear, I am sorry to hear about your news - I don't often hang out on the monthly threads so I miss out on loads of news. I am glad you managed to hold it together and that others were here to support you. You are always so supportive of others.

Anyway, I don't know the ins and outs but life does throw things at us and you have proved you are equal to them by coping sober. Chin up, move on and make a dart-board out of your ex-boss' head (picture only, I am not advocating violence you understand).

K x
                            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

My old position has been filled, but I did get a good lead today. Sheri...I have to believe it wasn;t meant to be, also
                              Believe me folks, I wanted to drown my sorrows, I really did, but antabuse will not allow that. So I am not out of the woods by any means, but I hope I am on my way.

Comment

Working...
                              X