Alcohol More Dangerous Than Heroin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article about a new study from England - posted on today's MSNBC site.

Alcohol more dangerous than heroin, study finds - Health - Addictions - msnbc.com

Thanks Chooch. I posted a thread on this this morning, but it's doubly worth at least seeing the facts out there.
    Ruby
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank's Choochie, This is so important new's to us drinker's!

Comment

Just happens to be the question du jour on CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News survey!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Otter;994393 wrote: I have to agree with Professor Nutt. The effects of alcohol on the body are worse, its use is far more widespread, far more people die from alcoholism than heroin addiction, you don't get people being killed by people driving cars under the influence of heroin and there is no domestic violence associated with heroin use. The only reason heroin is considered more serious is that it is illegal and that status means that addicts become criminalized by taking it and buying it and because of that they become outcasts, unable to function in mainstream society and are pushed to the edges of society where they steal and rob to fund their habits, unlike drinkers who are people like you and me. The total damage to the body and to society from alcohol knocks every other drug into the shade.
            I couldn't agree more with you Otter. I still think the sacking of Professor Nutt was an outrage.

Many Blessings
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
            X