Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army Thread 2nd Noviembre dos mil diez (2/11/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost 9pm here but still feels like its almost 10-I'm still not used to the time change thingy. Enjoyed reading Popeye's update. Kinda helped me to shake off the poor me feeling I was having earlier. I really have a lot to feel thankful for--like being sober!

Comment

Hi guys
      I'm exhausted too, had meeting with my new boss today, he talked about tax laws, trust funds and offshore investments. Didn't understand a word of it but tried to look intelligent, I start work next Tuesday and before Christmas will be sent to Barcelona for training. This will be the 1st time in 18 years I have every stood on my own two feet without my ex husband. I'm shit scared but excited.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Good for you Chill! I'm going through kind of the same thing. I have my first "real" job and now I'm moving into a new flat where I'll be 100% responsible for bills etc. I'm scared shitless too! But I know (and I am!) I can do this. But God, I'm exhausted! Welcome to the real adult world, Expat (she tells herself:H). It feels pretty good though.

Comment

Bloody fantastic Chilly, great new journey you are embarking on, how exciting!

Howiya Expat!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good for you too Expat!!

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Oney I was just reading back to all you are doing for yourself - bloody good for you girl!
              You are amazing! You take the positive out of a negative situation and thats awesome.

I actually watched the movie the kite runner with mr libra the other night, and dead poets society is one of my all time fav movies....
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Epat, any day sober is a good day, we have a lot to be thankful for.
                Chilli, fair play to you for having a go. You will be amazed at what you can achieve. A life without challenges would be a dull one.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Oney! My ex was a control freak-so at least in the new flat I can pick out the colour paint and curtains (or whatever!) that I really like. It sounds so childish saying that as a grown woman but it's the first time I feel so free!!! And I've been working my ass off at my job. I liked your idea of fixing up a room just for you! I have a lovely big bay window in the new place--and I want to get some plants and stuff. I used to love plants-but didn't give a shit the last couple of years. Starting to notice pretty things and care more about my environment. HMMM... I can't believe I'm saying all this but I do feel like this is a blessed new start I've been given. Still pretty broke but I'm pretty good at finding bargains (I :h thrift shops!) and a few green plants won't break me.

Comment

Chillgirl;995092 wrote: Oney I was just reading back to all you are doing for yourself - bloody good for you girl!
                    You are amazing! You take the positive out of a negative situation and thats awesome.

I actually watched the movie the kite runner with mr libra the other night, and dead poets society is one of my all time fav movies....
                    Thanks Chilly,

At one time I would have sank into a feel sorry for me depression, smoked 20 cigs and ooured a vodka and wallowed...those days are LONG gone. I feel light hearted, happy and grateful!

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

expat3;995099 wrote: Thanks Oney! My ex was a control freak-so at least in the new flat I can pick out the colour paint and curtains (or whatever!) that I really like. It sounds so childish saying that as a grown woman but it's the first time I feel so free!!! And I've been working my ass off at my job. I liked your idea of fixing up a room just for you! I have a lovely big bay window in the new place--and I want to get some plants and stuff. I used to love plants-but didn't give a shit the last couple of years. Starting to notice pretty things and care more about my environment. HMMM... I can't believe I'm saying all this but I do feel like this is a blessed new start I've been given. Still pretty broke but I'm pretty good at finding bargains (I :h thrift shops!) and a few green plants won't break me.
                      God you have warmed my heart Expat, that is fantastic, what a wonderful time you are gonna have and it's all about you!!

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Expat, go for it.

Comment

Oney I am scoffing the open bag of twiglets......oh yummy

Comment

Can't believe you still have them KTAB, don't twigglets go soft?
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Are they not gone off??

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No still nice and crispy, I kept them well wrapped up and fancied a treat tonight :tonguemonkey:

Comment

Working...
                                X