Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

thanks Popeye..I really appreciate the positive affirmation......addiction does us NO good....sobriety is where it's at!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Update

Lovely!! Appreciation and simplicity! Thank you popeye!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Update

Thank you friends.
        All the lovely replies got my day off to a great start.

Comment

Update

Popeye;995013 wrote: I've been thinking about this for some time and I thought I'd share.
          When I was drinking, everything in life was a problem. I felt bad about most things and never stopped to see how much I have. I'm healthy, have a job and a comfortable place to sleep and that's a lot more than many people have. I've learned the benefits of simplicity and not taking myself or the rest of the world too seriously. I've taken the pressure out of life and that has made me feel so much better about myself. Of course there are annoying things and some people try to get me wound up but I'm learning to let these things pass without reacting to them and they go away.
          I meditate daily, excercise and take the time to relax wind down and as a result I no longer feel the need to lose myself in a vodka bottle every night. I really enjoy going to bed sober and waking up the same way; a situation that I would have thought impossible a while ago. I'm still a bit down on myself but it's getting better all the time.
          I guess what I'm saying is that, for me, life is easier and more pleasant when I'm not drinking and I'm grateful that I found this out.
          Thanks for reading.
          Well done popeye, it seems that your enjoying your life at last, and may you keep on doing just that.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Update

Popeye, stellar post. It's great to hear how well you are doing and hear all the good things an AF life can offer. Thank you.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
            X