Monday is the big day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday is the big day!!

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated.
    AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Monday is the big day!!

Hey Gearhead! Do I take it that you giving up the booze on Monday? If so, the very best of luck and get yourself prepared as best you can. Let us know where you are at
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Well I just got back from the doctor and got some meds to help. I have failed at this before and I won't fail again.
      AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Hi Gearhead!
        You have my support and I will help any way that I can!! Give us some details...how is it going so far?
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

You can do it! Just come here and help yourself to the tools that is available to you.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

And YES on monday i'm giving alcohol and tobacco up FOR GOOD!! Cold Turkey!!
            AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

K9 I remember you, we have spoke on here in the past.
              AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Right now I'm not doing anything different then I always do. Still a 12 pack a night, and 2 packs of smokes. I can't wein myself off very well, I have to just quit. So monday gives the meds a little time to kick in, and gives me a whole week of work to keep me occupied.
                AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Wow, smokes and drink at the same time - sounds like a lot?
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Hi Gearhead,

Good for you on taking the step you need to quit. I learned after many unsuccessful attempts that cutting back, or moderating is just in the stars for me. Come here if you need something to take your mind off of things, read up on things, chat with people. Do what you need to do to get where you want to be.

All the best,

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Yeah its a lot to take on all at once, but I'm sort of stubborn when it comes to things like that. And now I'm angry with myself for failing at this, and letting people down. So its cold turkey with all of the habits.
                      AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Gearhead - good luck. We're with you - good for you for taking the first step and seeing the doc.

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

I do remember you as well Gearhead
                          I can totally identify with you...a 12 pack and cigarettes used to be my idea of a good time too (until it wasn't anymore....)
                          I'm still struggling with the smokes, but I do have quite a bit of sober time. I don't mean to encourage bad habits here...but maybe giving up everything at once will cause frustration which could lead to relapse. Just a thought. Whatever you decide, I support you and I'm glad to see you back. Stay with us!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys. I am a veteran and my doc is also treating me for PTSD. LOL I'm a mess.
                            AF & NF Since 11-08-2010

Comment

Monday is the big day!!

Good on you for taking that all important decision. Suggest maybe write down a plan of action and spend lots of time on the boards, it really does help. As you know the support here is amazing.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X