Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on wagon!

I haven't posted in forever!
    I did a massive TEN MONTH zero alcohol plan. Was rockin! Then I decided that an occasional beer after work was OK. this worked ok for a couple of months too. I was really able to take it/ leave it. Later on, I began craving the buzz.. Being a little smarter about driving I'd use this plan- only one or two beers at the club then wine later when I got home. So you see where this is going because we've all done it up drinking to drunkenness 3 nights this week
    Made a challenge to myself to limit myself to what I had on hand last night (1L of wine) and stop - not walk to store for more. I was good with it. Feeling a clear headed this am. Thinking I need to go full on NA again. Doing some of the same old shit!
    Anyway glad 2 be back!

Back on wagon!

Hi Gearhead - I think everyone is scared to reply. So, are you looking to be AF again? I did the same thing after being 8 months AF and am going AF again tomorrow. Have had 2 months to think about it and work out a plan - how about you - do you have a plan in mind - how did you do it before? You know that you will have our support here. Welcome back and I wish you well on your journey!

hugs to you,

sunshinedaisies
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Back on wagon!

excellent on your decision gearhead....moderation is not for most for all i have read!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Back on wagon!

Hi Gearhead!
        I'm glad you're back. I know that I cannot moderate. I tried for years to cut back, taper off...it never worked. Not having enough alcohol in the house led to me driving to the store for more, after a several beers (too many to be driving, that's for sure), and usually not properly dressed (I had a habit of going to the store in my pajamas ).
        You've done 10 months alcohol free, so you KNOW it can be done. You won't regret your decision to give it another try. Nobody ever woke up in the morning wishing they'd drank the night before!
        Keep us posted on how you're doing!
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Back on wagon!

Gearhead I too tried for years to moderate - nearly drove myself crazy. Finally got to the point where I realized that struggling to moderate had to be more difficult than quitting - too many ups and downs. So, now at 32 days AF and totally swear by it. I've never slept better, felt better. Well, you know if you went for 8 months.

Anyway, sending you peace and strength.

Hugs,
          Choochie:l

Comment

Working...
          X