Alcohol website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol website

Forgive me up front if this site has been posted here before. I do think there is a lot of interesting info as well as other links. Personally the more I understand something with accurate information the easier it is for me to decide on how to deal with it. Whether it be investing, exercise, computers, relationships or what ever it might be. Here's the link. Drink Too Much?

4 days AF working on 5th and know that tonight will be a tough one but I am resolved.
    May everyone have a great weekend ~ AF or moderating ~

Alcohol website

Having a look at the website now...great stuff! Thanks for posting!

Congrats of the AF days, you are rockin it!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Alcohol website

Hyper, That is a cracking site. Going to book mark it so I can have a proper read and do it justice.
      Keep those AF days going, me darling
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Alcohol website

Great job hyper on your af days
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Alcohol website

Hyper- :goodjob: on your AF days. Hope you can work through tonight - Friday can be a tough one if that was a big drinking night for us. Hope you have a diversion tactic for yourself. You will feel fantastic tomorrow if you can just keep going.

Good luck - sending you peace and strength.:l

Comment

Alcohol website

Keep going Hyper you're making GREAT progress. Thank you so much for this useful resource!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Alcohol website

Thanks one2many,JackieClaire, mama bear & techie ~ I truly appreciate your posts of support. IT is definitely needed especially in the beginning when temptation is everywhere. & a special thanks to Choochie for putting the idea in my head about how fantastic I would feel tomorrow if I could keep going. That sealed the deal for Friday which now puts 5 days in the bag. Working on day 6 AF. I just love coming to this site and know that without all the people and info here it would be near impossible to string out these days.
              :thanks: for the help!

Comment

Alcohol website

WELL DONE Hyper!! You did it...Day 6 is here and you will do that too.....Imagine how you will feel getting a Sat night down???? You CAN do it ya know!!

We will all be here for chats and support tonight if you need us!!

WHOOHOOO!!!
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Alcohol website

Yea Hyper - Way to go. I can remember coming upon week one so well. I thought, man, a week feels more like a month - this is really dragging. But then just beyond that, the days really started passing pretty quickly and suddenly it seemed like I was at 30 days. In my mind, this 30 days was an enormous accomplishment. Then, as icing on the cake, lots of wonderful people on this website acknowledged me with congratulations. I really felt so proud - like a little kid at their first big birthday party. I think it was Dancelot who also said that 30 days was a huge marker for him too -- that suddenly he realized how much better being sober was and the irony of how you have to be sober to understand how good it is, but getting away from the drinking keeps you from being sober long enough to realize its value..........kind of a circuitous dilemma.......(not sure that makes sense - Dancelot explained it better)..........Anyway, suddenly I felt like sobriety truly is attainable and sustainable for me.

So, after all my rambling, what I'd like to say is........if you can make it a week, why not string together 3 more? If 30 days has an impact on you like it did me and others, maybe that could be a turning point for you too.

Sending you peace and strength to keep stringing one day at a time!:l

Hugs,

Choochie

Comment

Alcohol website

circuitous dilemma........that's it. Why make life more difficult than it has to be. Alcohol is the dilemma and any short cut to avoid the indirect route makes sense to me. & now I am laughing b/c this really should be easier than it is but it isn't.
                    ~~ So here's to day 6 AF and shortly (non-circuitously) looking at a week. Have a nice weekend everyone

p.s. ~ I had to look up circuitous, good word, I like it.

Comment

Alcohol website

LOL (that's lots of laughs or laughing out loud.........Hyper - stay with us!:l

Comment

Alcohol website

Awesome Hyper. Have a GREAT rest of the weekend!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                        X