just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wondering

hi ..i was just wondering if anybody had a view on this...about 3 months ago a friend of mine got pains in is stomach ..he went to the doctors and he gave him cocoadamoll and a laxative..it never helped so he went back the next week..same thing ..in the end he sent him to the hospital they did checks on him and they said he had cirrociss and hepititus c..also there was a black mark on is liver..they said they would contact him with the results of the test he had done that day through is doctor...he never heard nothing then it got so bad last week we phoned the doctor out and he wouldnt come he said he couldnt do anything till he heard from the hospital..so we phoned the hospital and there was some sort of comotion they had lost track of him ..they told him to come yesterday and said he had cirrociss of the liver cancer of the liver and heppititus c they gave him orrall morphine and they are going to have a meeting to see what happends next he said the cancer is too big to operate as it as grown too fast..also i picked up on they were very nervous of anyone knowing that they had lost is papers for that long..do you think he should say something about it next time he goes as maybe if they had catched it earlear they could have stopped it growing..he as to see them this coming friday....also what are is chances of this being terminall he is 53..any feedback would be appreceated...thanks

just wondering

So sorry for your friend john2020, dont know what to say to that,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

just wondering

John,

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Gonna get medical here - you can't reverse Cirrhosis - Hep C is something that cam be a by-product of liver disease - it's kind of not serious in itself. I had it for a couple of years but then ithe virus went when I stoped drinking. That isn't always the case, but in roughly 80 per cent of cases it is a symptom related to liver problems.

The liver has an amazing way of regenerating itself but when it finally gives up, that's kinda it.If your friend already had cirhossis ithe months in between hospital attenton are pretty much moot. Bad practice by the doc, but nothing they could effectively do to be honest.

Morphine will cut the pain off but sadly won't make him better. You can't operate on liver cancer - I hate to say it but we're talking about palliative care here.

John I wouldn't waste your time worrying about what the hospital should have done. They screwed up, definitely, but it won't help to focus on that. Just be there for your friend :l

K x
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

just wondering

I have to agree with Kimberley, unfortunately. If your friend has reached the stage of cirrhosis of the liver, then it is only a matter of time. I'm really sorry.
        Hepatitis C is a viral infection and is, in fact, very serious. However, with the right lifestyle, it need not be fatal in itself. There's a lot of information online on the different genotypes and treatments for Hep C.
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

just wondering

thanks....

mario;998345 wrote: So sorry for your friend john2020, dont know what to say to that,
          thank you..

Comment

just wondering

thanks

Mishmash;998605 wrote: I have to agree with Kimberley, unfortunately. If your friend has reached the stage of cirrhosis of the liver, then it is only a matter of time. I'm really sorry.
            Hepatitis C is a viral infection and is, in fact, very serious. However, with the right lifestyle, it need not be fatal in itself. There's a lot of information online on the different genotypes and treatments for Hep C.
            thank you...

Comment

just wondering

re friend

Kimberley;998363 wrote: John,

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Gonna get medical here - you can't reverse Cirrhosis - Hep C is something that cam be a by-product of liver disease - it's kind of not serious in itself. I had it for a couple of years but then ithe virus went when I stoped drinking. That isn't always the case, but in roughly 80 per cent of cases it is a symptom related to liver problems.

The liver has an amazing way of regenerating itself but when it finally gives up, that's kinda it.If your friend already had cirhossis ithe months in between hospital attenton are pretty much moot. Bad practice by the doc, but nothing they could effectively do to be honest.

Morphine will cut the pain off but sadly won't make him better. You can't operate on liver cancer - I hate to say it but we're talking about palliative care here.

John I wouldn't waste your time worrying about what the hospital should have done. They screwed up, definitely, but it won't help to focus on that. Just be there for your friend :l

K x
              ...thank you......

Comment

just wondering

I think I should add, while cirrhosis can't be changed, it doesn't mean it's all over tomorrow. It's pretty unpredictable how long it takes but in many cases it is several years.

K x
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

just wondering

It sounds as if your friend already had an irreversible condition. Mistakes do happen and the NHS is a free, very busy service we must all appreciate. Sorry for your friend but sounds as if there isn't any more you can do than to be there for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X