Dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry

Ahyone else listened too or read "Dry" by Augesten Burroughs? Great book about addiction, relapse and getting on track.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Dry

I recommended this book a while back. By far my all time favorite book. I have recommended it to everyone I know and they have all loved it, drinkers or not. I have never laughed out loud so much at a book, and yes, being a drinker made me love it all the more. Poignant but funny at the same time.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Dry

I just finished reading "Running with Scissors." I'll read "Dry." He reminds me of Davis Sedaris.

Comment

Dry

I've read all of his books, and they are a kick. I am looking forward to the movie "Running with Scissors" to be released in the next few days. They are already working on a second movie from his book " Sellavision".
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Dry

Great book, Running with Scissors I had to put down though, creeped me out a bit too much, will have to pick it up again.
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Dry

Running with Scissors I had to put down too. Too disturbing for me. Dry is completely different though. Poignant yet laugh out loud funny.

Comment

Dry

Good tip...I'm always looking for a good read!
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Dry

It's a great read. Well actually I don't read. I do everything on Audio CD. I have been listening to Augusten and just ordered his new one. Also John Saul and just ordered new books on autism to listen to in the car. That is the only way I can get a book in.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Dry

Bumping this thread up because I read it over Thanksgiving and Wow what a great book. I really enjoyed his style of writing and his brutal honesty. I read it in three days, as I could not put it down. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good book.
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Dry

Running with scissors was too weird even for me!:nutso:
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Dry

Precious, I am so glad you loved the book. Wasn't it brilliant? I laughed out loud so many times and cried and had every emotion in the book. I am now reading his new book Side Effects. Will let you know how it is if I can ever get around to it this holiday season....

Comment

Dry

I like weird. I will have to read both of them.
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Dry

Jenneh you may not get through Running with Scissors, ick. :egad:
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X