Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep up the good work in the long-term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Breaking, welcome, it is good to have you here. You will hear many different perspectives on whether or not it is possible to "learn" to drink moderately. For me, I know this is not possible. Like you, I am in a business where alcohol and "social drinking" is the norm. I have now been AF for almost three years and only on rare occassions to I get somone trying to push alcohol on me. Sometimes I find that simply saying a firm "no Thanks" works or even just walking away stops this! Oddly enough some very successful business people are none drinkers, Donald Trump and Gene Simmons to name a couple. Odly enought neither has ever had a drinking problem! Also I see no reason to offer any explaination as to why I do not drink as it is really no ones business.

Many here have shared some great information. I know that you will get this figued out!

Best Wishes!
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

BTC, just wondering how it's going for you. I too found, like most people here, that moderating wasn't an option for me. I am just now dealing with the social side and have recently successfully navigated my way through sitting in a bar with others drinking when I didn't. It wasn't too bad. And, like Sunshine, I got the feeling others were actually envious of my not drinking. I think there are lots of people who struggle with it and admire those who can say no to it.

Best of luck - will be curious to see what you decide and how it all unfolds with your social outings.

Choochie

Comment

Working...
      X