sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleep

K9Lover;999627 wrote: I use Melatonin when I need it. I take 1mg. It's a very inexpensive, over-the-counter supplement. It works great.
    thank you

Comment

sleep

e-g-73;999629 wrote: Use Melatonin! It is natural and it works GREAT
      thank you

Comment

sleep

thanks

Accountable for Me;999655 wrote: Yes, Melatonin has been a life saver for me for a couple of years. I inherited bad sleeping genes.

You can buy them here, in Canada on the shelves either at 3mg or 5mg tablets. I use the 5mg tablet. Within an hour I am out and sleep right on through.

I am not sure if you can buy them in the UK over the counter or not. It wasn't long ago that my Nana would smuggle them into Canada from the US to give to my mom. (prob about 10 years ago). So they are fairly new in regards to availability here.

I love them.

Benadryl works as well. It is an antihistamine tablet. It makes you drowsy. I have never used it for sleep but my Nana informed me she has started to use them.
        thank you

Comment

sleep

thank you

e-g-73;999629 wrote: Use Melatonin! It is natural and it works GREAT
          thank you

Comment

sleep

thank you

hillsidetime;999841 wrote: Hi John, I use a few things. As far as supplements, I take vitamin D, and Omega fish oil pills. These are inexpensive, and available at any farmacy. These have really helped me with my sleep quality. In addition, finding the time to exercise in the day, makes sleep come easier in the night. Of course avoid caffeine after lunch time for sure. All the best,
            Hill
            thank you

Comment

sleep

Hi John,
              Melatonin isn't available in the UK but if you want to try melatonin you can get it from Amazon, it's then shipped from a health shop in Jersey. Have to say it did absolutely nothing for me but it works for many here.
              I just use the OTC Boots Sleepeaze now.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sleep

sleep

thanks i will have a look at that..........

Comment

sleep

Hi there, I did get some help from my doctor at first with some anxiety pills that helped me sleep and relaxed me. I also used Benadryl till my normal sleep patterns returned. Now that I'm not drinking my sleep has returned to normal and I'm getting the best sleeps, good luck!

Comment

sleep

thanks

Brigitte Bardot;999989 wrote: Hi there, I did get some help from my doctor at first with some anxiety pills that helped me sleep and relaxed me. I also used Benadryl till my normal sleep patterns returned. Now that I'm not drinking my sleep has returned to normal and I'm getting the best sleeps, good luck!
                    thanks..i can get that from the chemist i think ...

Comment

sleep

Hi again John, if you do get the Bendryl try to get the meds which do not say "Non Drowsy" since you do want them to help you sleep and make you a bit drowsy. Since you're a guy you may not be inclined to buy these, but I also found Midol helped put me out..even though they're used for Menstral cramps (which I'm sure you've never felt..lol) I can't see them doing anything to you except causing drowsiness.

Comment

sleep

sleep

Brigitte Bardot;1000068 wrote: Hi again John, if you do get the Bendryl try to get the meds which do not say "Non Drowsy" since you do want them to help you sleep and make you a bit drowsy. Since you're a guy you may not be inclined to buy these, but I also found Midol helped put me out..even though they're used for Menstral cramps (which I'm sure you've never felt..lol) I can't see them doing anything to you except causing drowsiness.
                        thanks..............

Comment

Working...
                        X