Feeling really proud of myself!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last drink was last Tuesday. Since then I've been taking it easy at home, dealing with withdrawal. Today was my first day back into the swing of things - a busy, stressful work day. I REALLY thought I was going to drink. That little voice inside me was saying, "go on. Buy a bottle of wine on your way home and drink it tonight and start the no alcohol thing tomorrow...."

I went to the supermarket, saw a row of bottles of my favourite wine, stared at them, walked away, bought some fresh fruit instead!

Then I went to Whole Foods and they had bottles of another of my favourite wines there. I stood staring at the bottle, walked away, came back, almost reached for the bottle - but instead I went to a different section of the store and bought some vitamin supplements and then treated myself to some makeup and a nice juicy steak and fresh organic veg. I thought about the wine again and then thought to myself "no thanks...."

I felt very proud of myself that I didn't get the wine:h:goodjob:
    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

WELL DONE!!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Great Job, keep it up!

Two

Comment

Super BTC - way to go! :wd:

Comment

Good going !! I am on day three and made homeade butter chicken for dinner. A nice bottle of wine would have been lovely. Hubby didn't even suggest it as he knows I am trying to not drink. Now I am sipping tea. Done deal. I know how you feel. Pretty awesome, eh?
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Congrats Tippler and BTC..stay strong
            AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm looking for a drink to replace the booze. Any suggestions? I hate soft drinks like Pepsi and sodas.

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Good stuff! You should feel proud of yourself!

Comment

Tipplerette;999764 wrote: Good going !! I am on day three and made homeade butter chicken for dinner. A nice bottle of wine would have been lovely. Hubby didn't even suggest it as he knows I am trying to not drink. Now I am sipping tea. Done deal. I know how you feel. Pretty awesome, eh?
                  Well done you! Glad your husband is being supportive too:goodjob:

Comment

BTC, I like diet juices to mix my L-GLUT with. Apple or cranberry is my usual. Also v8 juice low sodium type occasionally on ice with lime of course, and lots of water with lemon. Those are my choices..
                    AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Good for you!

It's so hard to walk past those spots in the market...we have a "wall 'o wine" at my corner market- I have to put on the old blinders and scurry past. :l

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;999772 wrote: Thanks everyone. I'm looking for a drink to replace the booze. Any suggestions? I hate soft drinks like Pepsi and sodas.
                        Hi BTC,
                        My favourite wine was always a sweet one. I have found a delicious cordial made from Elderflowers called the Green Bottle (I think). It's from the supermarket in our tiny little town so I imagine it's available elsewhere. I don't have the bottle at work with me but when I get home I will post the information to you. It is a sweet, tangy sort of flavour and I like to have one or two at night instead of the wine.

All the best in yourAF life.

Tant
                        Tant
                        AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Me again,
                          The drink is called Bottle Green cordial-Elderflower. produced in the UK by Bottlegreen Drinks Co., Gloucestershire, England, GL5 5ET. I buy it at Bilo here. On the label it sounds like they make other flavours, all natural, cordials. Soft drinks, elderflower cordials, presses, squeezy squash and sorbets
                          I hope this helps.

Tant
                          Tant
                          AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;999772 wrote: Thanks everyone. I'm looking for a drink to replace the booze. Any suggestions? I hate soft drinks like Pepsi and sodas.
                            I like spicy V8 on the rocks with a slice of lime!

Comment

Haha Tant - I just spotted that stuff here in a supermarket in Dublin and I bought a bottle - haven't had it yet. Thought it'd be nice mixed with sparkling water in a big wine glass - funny small little world isn't it!! I'm dying to try this V8 TD, don't think Dublin has it yet!!
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X