Army Thread 9 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 9 November

ok a few things to do,be back soon, you go of and do a floor, meet ya back here :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Morning, Morning,Morning.

I'm soooooooooo late. Seems to be the sleep fairy's working overtime in the JC house.

Jan, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed that face cream.

Bit late to the game, Chill but the best of luck. Hope you sharpened all your pencils and remembered to put your jotter in yer satchel.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Coffe and a doughnut for Gia, this morning

Do you want yer usual cod and chips oney?
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Go for it...will start me diet 2moro.. LOVE LOVE LOVE you JC
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Morning everyone, thanks for coffee and the donut JC! I need them both this morning.

I've got a stye or something in the corner of my left eye and it hurts, it's red and swollen.. it started a few days ago just being sore but now I look horrible. I hope this goes away soon
            I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and I'm almost done, thank God. I picked up more Christmas lights and buckets. I'm going to walk into the woods and two small trees, one for each bucket and weight it down then decorate them and put them on each side of my door and plug them in. They should look really pretty..I may do that for the urns I have as well on each side of my steps on my deck. I'll be busy today I think.

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

:sofa:
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

And I luuuuuuuuuurve you too, Oney.:h

Here's a tip from me Granny, Gia. Boil some water, put a hefty amount of salt in it, wait for it to cool and bathe affected eye, worked for me in me time.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Thanks JC, I'm going to do that now and try it off and on all day. I have normal visine, but that's not doing anything, just keeping the eye moist..hangover morning eye curer that it is.

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Actually I think there's a website for Old Wives Cures.
                    My Granny swears by onions and salty water for everything and she's 96. She survived diptheria when she was about 10 so some of these old cures must work.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Prevention and Treatment of Sties

Styes, otherwise known as sties or simply spelled ?sty?, are pimple-like sores on your eyelids usually caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, which is a bacteria commonly found in the human nose. The most common recommendation for getting rid of styes is to apply a warm compress to the infected area. Warm up a pot of water or just use hot tap water to dampen a wash cloth, then hold the cloth over your eye for 15 minutes at a time. Do this several times a day for as long as it take for the sty to drain on its own. The best thing for getting rid of styes is to let them drain on their own, that way you?re sure to avoid secondary infection that could be brought on if you attempt to pop the sty or rupture the inflamed skin.Over-the-counter antibiotic ointments like Neosporin can help get rid of styes. In fact, some companies like Neosporin have special antibiotic sty treatments where you apply a strip that sticks to your eyelid for a period of time. Since most sties are, again, caused by a bacterium, antibiotics (the dominant treatment for bacterial infections in western medicine) are employed to kill the Staph bacteria. If you can do this with a cheap over-the-counter antibiotic cream, you?ve saved yourself a trip to the doctor and an expensive prescriptionAs I mentioned earlier, the only products that could be considered sty remedies specifically would be those antibiotic ointment manufacturers who make special ?sty strips? to put on your eyes. Any old antibiotic cream will do. Other common manufacturers of antibiotic ointments include: Neomycin, Neosporin, Foille, or anything else called Triple Antibiotic Cream. Try not to get the cream in your eye, but don?t be afraid if you do, it doesn?t present much of a problem. Try to avoid the creams that claim to numb or relieve pain at the same time, those are filled with a local anesthetic that you definitely do not want in your eye.

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

I thought maybe my make-up..mascara and eyeliner caused it. I never get these things..maybe my make-up needs to be replaced already?

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Brigitte Bardot;999983 wrote: I thought maybe my make-up..mascara and eyeliner caused it. I never get these things..maybe my make-up needs to be replaced already?
                          According to what I posted above, it's from germs that are found in the nose. I think some people are simply more susceptible to the bacteria. Mr. Stirly used to get a stye once in a while. I can only remember having one and that was years ago. And I use my eye make-up every day. Replacing it can't hurt just in case you somehow transferred bacteria to the make-up but as I said before, the bacteria is in the nose. Just saying. I know they can be damn painful, cause swelling and last for several days. Best of luck on getting rid of it.

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

oooooooooh I'd go for the new make-up, I'm just about to have a trawl through me Avon catalogue as the daughter has just started as a rep I'm allowed to buy squillions of things.....yee haw

So I'll luuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrvve you and leave yous:h
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

Well, it looks like I killed the thread and I've still got housework that needs doing so I'm outta here....

Comment

Army Thread 9 November

No you didn't
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X