I am a fantasist..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fantasist..

I have just realised that I am a fantasist. Every night I have reached for the cans of ritz trying to emulate some kind of fantasy, I dunno like alcohol stimulates good times, even constitutes good times and this is mon to thurs!!, by fri and sat they get more elabourate , a few glasses of pink champagne while im watching the xfactor will stimulate the elegant in me, specially if I drink them out of my 1950s champagne bowls, how fabulous,lmao, perhaps I will call to my pal and have a very civilised glass of wine or two , eat some hummas and olives , then go home skull 6 cans, have a row with the hubbs and post up lots of crap shite on fb, wake up sun mon, delete it all at 6am , crawl back to bed , wake up at 11 screaming at the kids!
    At some point during the night I might have even rang my wayword son and even minimised some wrongdoing on his part, tell I love him when I really should be hunting him down to kick the shite outta him!!
    Fantasy my ass, freaking nightmare!

Time for me to rewrite my fantasies........
    Mr. G , where are you, might need your help!:H

I am a fantasist..

Aww Limers, love, you do make me smile

Do you mean like the utimate elegant Audrey Hepburn in her little black dress and pearls. Smoking a cigarette in a holder and drinking a martini with a brolly in it.

When we know fine well the morning after we'll have a banging head, laddered tights, mascara running down to our chins and wondering who the feck we've offended and gagging for the next drink.

Then I was a fantastist too.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am a fantasist..

I reckon that's what the drink was for all of us Limers. It let me become 'interesting' and 'witty' instead of cripplingly shy. It let me 'forget' bills, rows, screw-ups I made, slips, stumbles, and yes I also identify with the bit about minimising the wrong-doing of kids - much easier that way?!
      Yep I'm a fantasist too
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I am a fantasist..

Limers, I love your honesty, you really are like a breath of fresh air, you say it like it is. I love that.

You ARE fabulous....you are elegant and lovely with impeccable taste and a nose for the finer things in life..you like beautiful things and sophistication.

You ooze all these things and the only times I have ever met you was when you have not had as much as a drop.

You always wanted to be fabulous and forty...you are now...FABULOUS, FORTY and SOBER...

Proud of you x
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I am a fantasist..

limers;1000215 wrote: I have just realised that I am a fantasist. Every night I have reached for the cans of ritz trying to emulate some kind of fantasy, I dunno like alcohol stimulates good times, even constitutes good times and this is mon to thurs!!, by fri and sat they get more elabourate , a few glasses of pink champagne while im watching the xfactor will stimulate the elegant in me, specially if I drink them out of my 1950s champagne bowls, how fabulous,lmao, perhaps I will call to my pal and have a very civilised glass of wine or two , eat some hummas and olives , then go home skull 6 cans, have a row with the hubbs and post up lots of crap shite on fb, wake up sun mon, delete it all at 6am , crawl back to bed , wake up at 11 screaming at the kids!
          At some point during the night I might have even rang my wayword son and even minimised some wrongdoing on his part, tell I love him when I really should be hunting him down to kick the shite outta him!!

Mr. G , where are you, might need your help!:HLimers, this made me smile and then cringe, then smile, then cringe again, as I read your words and thought of similar things I've done.The part about Mr. G made me laugh.
          JackieClaire;1000221 wrote: Aww Limers, love, you do make me smile

Do you mean like the utimate elegant Audrey Hepburn in her little black dress and pearls. Smoking a cigarette in a holder and drinking a martini with a brolly in it.

When we know fine well the morning after we'll have a banging head, laddered tights, mascara running down to our chins and wondering who the feck we've offended and gagging for the next drink.

Then I was a fantastist too.Jackie - I've seen pics of Limers, as you have and I can just imagine her as Audrey.
          The part about the laddered tights and the mascara - not a pretty picture. Don't forget the bruises that we don't know how we got.(shudder)
          mollyka;1000226 wrote:
          I reckon that's what the drink was for all of us Limers. It let me become 'interesting' and 'witty' instead of cripplingly shy. It let me 'forget' bills, rows, screw-ups I made, slips, stumbles, and yes I also identify with the bit about minimising the wrong-doing of kids - much easier that way?!
          Yep I'm a fantasist too
          Molly
          Jeezus Molly.... did ya read my mind or are you my long lost twin? I'm not shy but the part about the bills and the screw ups and such is me to a "T". Helped me forget how much I dislike certain parts of my life and how little I like some people that are in it. Drowned it all with the help of AL.
          one2many;1000227 wrote:
          Limers, I love your honesty, you really are like a breath of fresh air, you say it like it is. I love that.

You ARE fabulous....you are elegant and lovely with impeccable taste and a nose for the finer things in life..you like beautiful things and sophistication.

You ooze all these things and the only times I have ever met you was when you have not had as much as a drop.

You always wanted to be fabulous and forty...you are now...FABULOUS, FORTY and SOBER...

Proud of you x
          Oney, I've only ever seen photos of Limers although I hope that some day I can join in a UK or Dublin meet-up and get to see you all in person. What you describe above shows in her photos so she must be exactly like that up close. And Oney is right about the way you express yourself, Limers. Open and honest.
          Just want to add another F to the Fab and the Forty - Funny. Limers, yer a very funny bint. And a very tough one, I'm sure.
          Like Oney says, we are proud of you for giving this your best. Keep it up.
          Stirly
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I am a fantasist..

Well if nothing else Limers you increased my vocabulary today....fantasist...... how to work it into a sentence now

Comment

I am a fantasist..

G'day Limer's!

I was a big fantisiser too when i drank. Oh yeah, i had lot's of dream's. Did i ever go for them, reach for them, try? No. It all seemed too hard and overwhelming. Well, it was too hard and overwhelming for me when hungover, or full of grog. Now, thing's are very, very different. I'm actually living my dreams, slowly but surely, or at least, well on the way to them. Alcohol is the difference. When i stopped drinking, dreams and fantasies slowly but surely became reality, as i chiseled away at life, and where i wanted to go, whether that be study, my music, a great job working with people who struggle a bit. I am going for it, and treasure is everywhere i look now. I can finally see. One thing made this all possible. I took alcohol right out of my life. No drinky poo's on the weekend, no 1 or 2 little glasses of wine with dinner, nope, for me, i finally worked out that the best way was to eliminate alcohol from my body, totally. I'd tried moderating and the evidence is clear to me that for me, that doesn't work. If nothing changes, nothing changes. Lot's of folk's choose not to drink grog in their lives. It really is no big deal. But it's a very big deal the way your life will change and skyrocket without grog. It is freedom. And reality, not fantasy.

Go hard af for a few months Limey. Bite the bullet and turn your life around. There are no negatives in being sober.

Now, Pass the olives. Another grape madam?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am a fantasist..

Great post Limey.
                I drink to forget the person I have become, and to dissapear into that 'dream'(pissed) world where im the person I was 6 yrs ago. I look at my house, and as its clean and smart, I think im nothing like 'real' alcoholics, though I could drink a bottle of vodka in an evening and still seem fairly sober. And because I would get up in the day and not sleep all day like I used too, then I wasnt as bad as I was when I was binging for 3-5 days at a time. In reality my alcoholism had progressed, and I had turned into a daily drinker. My liver was hurting and I knew I was killing myself, yet couldnt see a way out.
                These things happen to me when im bored. Out of work. Too much time on my hands. My mind wanders and come 5 pm I would be down the supermarket for my daily fix.
                Get me in work though, and let me focus on something 100% and I will use that as a substitute to alc. My new addiction. I really do have to keep an eye on myself at times, as ive worn myself out before putting myself into work 100% while not drinking. I am an addict. You name it. Booze, weed, shopping, marmite and bloody jelly belly's!
                Anyway, enough of that. What Im trying to say is your post reminded me of the person I am. The addict. And I must remember that daily so as I can keep not only my alcoholism in check, but also myself!
                Much love to you Leeky xxx
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I am a fantasist..

honesty,limers you are one who searches, and cy,i dont get to talk to you much,but like many here we struggle,i am one,that is life,like many wil never be perfect,struggle and struggle,but,dont forget you recognise the problem now,your boh special in my heart,tis life, ? and one day yo will accept it.gyco

Comment

I am a fantasist..

Limers, as usual, your post is witty and thought provoking. Cymru I may be your evil twin.
                    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                    November 2, 2012

Comment

I am a fantasist..

I really liked your post, Limers. Long before I ever had a drop of AL or a smoke of anything, I had fantasy. It was my first drug.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                      - Vernon Howard

Comment

I am a fantasist..

limers;1000215 wrote: I have just realised that I am a fantasist. Every night I have reached for the cans of ritz trying to emulate some kind of fantasy, I dunno like alcohol stimulates good times, even constitutes good times and this is mon to thurs!!, by fri and sat they get more elabourate , a few glasses of pink champagne while im watching the xfactor will stimulate the elegant in me, specially if I drink them out of my 1950s champagne bowls, how fabulous,lmao, perhaps I will call to my pal and have a very civilised glass of wine or two , eat some hummas and olives , then go home skull 6 cans, have a row with the hubbs and post up lots of crap shite on fb, wake up sun mon, delete it all at 6am , crawl back to bed , wake up at 11 screaming at the kids!

Limers, your insight is amazing.
                        I love your post and your courage n determination to change :l
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am a fantasist..

Great post limers, you can do it

Nothing changes If nothing changes

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X