AF BOOT CAMP Day 1 (easy on the troops)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

techie;1000728 wrote: I was up at 5:00. I swam 1500 yards & a completed 30 min. run. I had oatmeal w/whey protein, cinnamon, and chia seeds. 2 poached eggs on whole grain for breakfast. I'm planning on competing in two half ironmans next year then will give up races. Will continue to swim, bike, and run as long as I can. I want to dedicate more time to kayaking, hiking, and some travel. Have a GREAT day everyone. Stay sober and stay focused!
    Techie - 1/2 iron man is aluminium man. (Go and check your periodic table of the elements!)

Off to my morning group workout ....... done with a group of women (aged 20-60) beside the harbour. Is just dawn here and clear skies with the promise of a glorious day. Its a fabulous way to start the day!! Will check in properly later. Thanks as ever Techie!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Sir! Kat, um I mean WAGON reporting for duty, Sir! Thriled that I did not wake to find Jabba The Hut staring at me from my mirror due to increased salt intake for gorging myself on tortilla chips before bed!

Day 10 sober and feeling MEAN, SIR!

One egg, two turkey sausage links and a vat of Decaf Ginsing Green Tea for breakfast and took the stairs to my office, Sir!

Salad and a banana for lunch....must not be tempted to eat at the Food Court and dive head first into their delicious cheese fries....mmmmmmm cheese fries....oh, sorry.

Fanny in check, gut sucked in and need to take a walk at lunch. Will not drink any AL nor eat to excess to compensate for my wine consumption!!!!

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD DRILL SARGEANT!!!!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

:new::sulk:I'm Mario's friend
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

mollyka;1000737 wrote: :new::sulk:I'm Mario's friend

GET with the program MKA. Look at what some of the other troops have accomplished. You, Mario, and that Niner need to get your act together. NOW MOVE....
          Attached files [img]/converted_files/1422694=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

*GULP*

eeky:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Not GREAT here sarge but not too bad either.

Skipped breakie but did have decaf coffee and herbal tea.

Turkey sandwich for lunch (with crisps and doughnut)

Home made chicken soups for dinner.

Not great on exercise front as it's freezing and I have loads of kids so I ran up and down the stairs 15 times.

Hope that is good enough Sir.

Have a funny feeling that it's not Sir.
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Trap checking in the for the day Sir!

Tomato juice, whey protein, and vitamin shake for breakfast
                1500mg LGlut, Magnesium, B-50 Complex, 900mg Kudzu
                100mg Topomax, 4g Beef Jerky for snack at 10am, 300mg Milk Thistle, Calms Forte
                30 Minutes High Intensity Interval Training at Lunch
                Gold's Gym Power Meal Replacement Shake
                600mg Kudzu, Ginko Blo Sup after shake and stretch
                15 minutes meditation at office before this update.

I plan on NOT drinking today

at 330pm EST I will take 100mg TopoMax, 1500mg Lglut, 600mg Kudzu, 300mg Milk Thistle, B-50 Complex, Calms Forte, and .5mg Xanax before my "detour" route home.

Dinner will consist of whatever the wife cooks, but she is a health nut, so no worries there.

3g melatonin near 8 for sleep

530 wake up call for tomorrow!

Comment

Yikes, people! I can't even pronounce half the stuff you ingest! (psssst K9, Mario, and Molly: meet me in solitary with a bag of doritos and an exit strategy. Mario, dress like Corporal Klinger. Oney, you can come too if you bring the donuts and chuck the decaf. Over.)
                  AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Is it to late to join Sarge? You seem so hard :upset:

I was born and raised in Connecticut and I know how tough "you" guys can be!
                    I am eating an apple right now :-)
                    "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Pride before Fall;1000773 wrote: Yikes, people! I can't even pronounce half the stuff you ingest! (psssst K9, Mario, and Molly: meet me in solitary with a bag of doritos and an exit strategy. Mario, dress like Corporal Klinger. Oney, you can come too if you bring the donuts and chuck the decaf. Over.)
                      If I bring dip can I come? Uh oh....hopefully Sarge isn't reading this!!! :H
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Report in for the evening:

Started well, porridge and ground nuts, herbal tea. Then there was a terrible accident and a few biscuits fell into my mouth mid morning. Lunch was homemade mushroom soup and an apple. Another accident in town (choc covered raisins and peanuts - I should know by now not to go to town hungry...) then shepard's pie and peppermint tea for dinner. V little exercise so i'll try doing some yoga in my room now. Will try harder tomorrow. Sir. Sorry Sir.

ps where is the secret meet up for a midnight feast?? I have jaffa cakes!
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Here is a routine we all can follow...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26T6z_rM6GY&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Hilarious Exercise Video

Comment

one2many;1000750 wrote:

Hope that is good enough Sir.

Have a funny feeling that it's not Sir.
                            Oney you forgot to mention that you were AF all day. That's the #1 qualifier!!!

Pride before Fall;1000773 wrote:
                            Yikes, people! I can't even pronounce half the stuff you ingest! (psssst K9, Mario, and Molly: meet me in solitary with a bag of doritos and an exit strategy. Mario, dress like Corporal Klinger. Oney, you can come too if you bring the donuts and chuck the decaf. Over.)
                            Yay ...... military unrest :H:H

Maybe we need a Camp Mother ......... or a Father Mulcahy ..... :h
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

ifulovelife2;1000796 wrote: Is it to late to join Sarge? You seem so hard :upset:

I was born and raised in Connecticut and I know how tough "you" guys can be!
                              I am eating an apple right now :-)

OK, fall in solider. Just don't follow Oney's diet today. Look instead at Trapped Dad for example. NOW SCOOT YOUR SELF OUTTA HERE AND GIT MOVIN!
                              Attached files [img]/converted_files/1422784=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

(Pride: I'll see you at the top secret meet-up location tonight. Hopefully Molly, Mario and Neart will be there too. We will discuss our Exit Strategy and complain about how mean our Sargeant is)
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X