AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Morning Sarge, morning troops.
      Reveille 06.00
      Mess Hall: Pills and powders 06.15
      Mango afterwards.
      Lunch with friend at The Capri restaurant in Fremantle...no al.
      Dinner Probably something light, maybe tuna and salad...
      Exercise: Walk around Fremantle Markets and area showing friend the sights.
      Rest: Fall into bed early.
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Mishmash;1001580 wrote: Morning Sarge, morning troops.
        Reveille 06.00
        Mess Hall: Pills and powders 06.15
        Mango afterwards.
        Lunch with friend at The Capri restaurant in Fremantle...no al.
        Dinner Probably something light, maybe tuna and salad...
        Exercise: Walk around Fremantle Markets and area showing friend the sights.
        Rest: Fall into bed early.

AWESOME JOB Mish. I think you're doing just GREAT....KEEP IT UP SOLDIER.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1423460=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

on parade sir.... well acutally im about to go t sleep .... all these flipping time zones are confusing me. at least its a sober sleep. will be a good soldier tomorrow
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

spuddleduck;1001587 wrote: on parade sir.... well acutally im about to go t sleep .... all these flipping time zones are confusing me. at least its a sober sleep. will be a good soldier tomorrow

You have a goodnight little duck. Just make sure YOU HAVE YOUR YELLER BELLIED FEATHERED SELF UP IN TIME FOR OUR MORNING MARCH...NOW LIGHTS OUT!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1423467=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

A slightly mixed bag today!!! Friday morning is my late start, so had porridge and yogurt while catching up on last nights MWO posts. Walked to work and it was very pleasant ... we walk through a short cut that takes us through lots off native bush. Except about 10 mins after I got here, I realised that some new pollens must have come out over the last couple of days as my eyes and nose started to itch and scratch and stream .......... had a coffee and an antihistamine to help me feel better!!

Friday is also my regular session with my personal trainer ..... we had an easy session today as I'm doing a little triathlon on Sunday and want to save a bit of energy for that!. Walked strenuously up a local hill and went and played at the playground there ..... was fun but a bit harder than it sounds :H

Greek salad for lunch (I'm happy to live on greek salad!) then off to the market to buy food for dinner (fresh asparagus, salad, and salmon and sour cream pizza!) .... friends coming over for a catch up tonight. Free wine-tasting going on at the market which I managed to navigate my way around, but caved in when I got back to work and there was a giant Toblerone bar sitting opened up with an "Eat Me" sign on it. Dog it was yummy!!!!!! Compounded my sins by eating 2 more pieces ........ :H:H:H (and now I feel sick!!)
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Miss Behaving;1001611 wrote: A slightly mixed bag today!!! Friday morning is my late start, so had porridge and yogurt while catching up on last nights MWO posts. Walked to work and it was very pleasant ... we walk through a short cut that takes us through lots off native bush. Except about 10 mins after I got here, I realised that some new pollens must have come out over the last couple of days as my eyes and nose started to itch and scratch and stream .......... had a coffee and an antihistamine to help me feel better!!

Friday is also my regular session with my personal trainer ..... we had an easy session today as I'm doing a little triathlon on Sunday and want to save a bit of energy for that!. Walked strenuously up a local hill and went and played at the playground there ..... was fun but a bit harder than it sounds :H

Greek salad for lunch (I'm happy to live on greek salad!) then off to the market to buy food for dinner (fresh asparagus, salad, and salmon and sour cream pizza!) .... friends coming over for a catch up tonight. Free wine-tasting going on at the market which I managed to navigate my way around, but caved in when I got back to work and there was a giant Toblerone bar sitting opened up with an "Eat Me" sign on it. Dog it was yummy!!!!!! Compounded my sins by eating 2 more pieces ........ :H:H:H (and now I feel sick!!)

Missy I am gat danged impressed with yer routine. Now you gotta watch out for them there Toblerone's. I know they have ties to the Gambino crime family. You just be dang careful. Things get rough give ole Sarge a call!!!
                Attached files [img]/converted_files/1423503=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

No nutritional disasters today but I didn't eat dinner because it's late, I'm tired and I'm not supposed to eat for a couple hours before bed, which will be in a couple minutes. Can I eat an extra meal tomorrow to make up for it?

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                  - Vernon Howard

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;1001659 wrote: No nutritional disasters today but I didn't eat dinner because it's late, I'm tired and I'm not supposed to eat for a couple hours before bed, which will be in a couple minutes. Can I eat an extra meal tomorrow to make up for it?

Ah you poor thing. Make sure you eat well tomorrow. Can you eat an extra meal tomorrow...NO YOU CAN'T. NOW GET GET SOME SHUT EYE SOLDIER!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1423547=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Zenstyle,
                      Raw honey!! It is amazing. And because it is not pasturized contains probiotics, so it's good for digestion. I love it on grapefruit and I make fresh lemonaide with it. It's expensive, but a little goes a long way. One thing to remember is that when it gets heated, like if you add it to hot tea, all health benefits go out the window so don't waste it in hot stuff.

The other great thing about it is that it does not wreak havoc with blood sugar levels the way other sweeteners does...it's even safe for diabetics.
                      "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
                      Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

SAM-I-AM, reporting in to Sarge and Platoon,
                        Yikes. I had a day of stress and emotion. BUT I AM SOBER

So all plans for exercise went unmet, except for the stairs I climbed at the hospital where my mom was brought by paramedics (more below).

Good nutrition prevailed and I even ended the evening with some fresh kale/apple juice, which was actually very light and refreshing!

Healthy food choices also prevailed, so I accomplished 2 out of 3.

Re mom, my poor mom suffered a traumatic brain injury in May when she fell and hit her head. Her brain shifted off midline and she had a severe bleed. Long story short, she has recovered to the point where she could come home (living with my brother now) and needs full time caregivers.

Today I got a call while at work from one of the caregivers that while she was eating breakfast, she suddenly had a MASSIVE gushing of "old blood" (because it was dark, not bright red) from her nose. She is in the hospital now and they think she may have a GI bleed. She was stable when I left and she is having an endoscopy tomorrow to see where the bleed is.

The amazing thing, though, is that I did not even WANT to drink. Instead I felt like I wanted to be present to feel things, all of the emotions, even the sad ones. Also I felt like it's time for me to be the grownup. My poor mom needs me to be present for her.

So it was a day of mixed blessings and I am looking forward to a much-needed sleep.

Glad to see how well the Platoon is doing in Boot Camp! I have to say, coming to this place each night and seeing all of your successes and encouragement of one another has given me a boost that I have never felt from an online community before :thanks:
                        I feel more hopeful about this journey than I have in years.
                        "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
                        Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

techie;1001588 wrote: You have a goodnight little duck. Just make sure YOU HAVE YOUR YELLER BELLIED FEATHERED SELF UP IN TIME FOR OUR MORNING MARCH...NOW LIGHTS OUT!!!
                          YOU REALLY ARE THE MAN.. THECHIE

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

ten _ SHUN

B: sourdough bread/ avocado
                            L: salad/fetta/almonds
                            D:chicken/yoghurt/plethora of vegetables.

Ex: Hours of bush regeneration in the sweltering heat.

Footnote : Am really enjoying this thread esp. the food ideas

GO PLATOON !

Ps: Thanks for ...erm.....last night's R&R Sarge.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Trap checkin in sir.

Usual eats. Usual supliments. Unusual baby fell off the kitchen counter so I spent most of the night making sure he didn't have a concusion sir. Seems to be doing ok. I am freeging tired though. Might take the day off sir!

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Wagoneer checking in too.

Friday morning was acting like a petulant snotty Monday morning. Eldest home sick, baby threw up on my shoe, Middle child acted like The Spawn of Satan. Took my frustration out on a breakfast sandwhich smothered in high sodium hot sauce. (Turkey sausage and egg white, not bad, but not the yogurt and fruit I had planned).

Plan on taking a walk at lunch to enjoy this beautiful Fall weather.

Took extra B vitamins to make me feel better and stop being such a bitch.

Will work hard today to fill my bod with nothing but healthy stuff going forward.

That is all.
                                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X