X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Samantha T.;1001698 wrote: SAM-I-AM, reporting in to Sarge and Platoon,
    Yikes. I had a day of stress and emotion. BUT I AM SOBER

So all plans for exercise went unmet, except for the stairs I climbed at the hospital where my mom was brought by paramedics (more below).

Good nutrition prevailed and I even ended the evening with some fresh kale/apple juice, which was actually very light and refreshing!

Healthy food choices also prevailed, so I accomplished 2 out of 3.

Re mom, my poor mom suffered a traumatic brain injury in May when she fell and hit her head. Her brain shifted off midline and she had a severe bleed. Long story short, she has recovered to the point where she could come home (living with my brother now) and needs full time caregivers.

Today I got a call while at work from one of the caregivers that while she was eating breakfast, she suddenly had a MASSIVE gushing of "old blood" (because it was dark, not bright red) from her nose. She is in the hospital now and they think she may have a GI bleed. She was stable when I left and she is having an endoscopy tomorrow to see where the bleed is.

The amazing thing, though, is that I did not even WANT to drink. Instead I felt like I wanted to be present to feel things, all of the emotions, even the sad ones. Also I felt like it's time for me to be the grownup. My poor mom needs me to be present for her.

So it was a day of mixed blessings and I am looking forward to a much-needed sleep.

Glad to see how well the Platoon is doing in Boot Camp! I have to say, coming to this place each night and seeing all of your successes and encouragement of one another has given me a boost that I have never felt from an online community before :thanks:
    I feel more hopeful about this journey than I have in years.

Well Sam you have so much going on. I hope your mom will be OK. If you need anything you just PM ole Sarge. I think you're doing GREAT soldier!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1426461=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Mornin Sarge!
      I have nothing good to report except that I am still AF.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Private Choochie reporting for duty Sir. On an AF roll and not going to rock, Sir.

Zen - not sure about Stevia availability - just know the only place I can find it here is Whole Foods and Sun Harvest (local store). Don't know if you have WF there??

Sam - sorry about your family travails - scary - hope things are settling down.

Good rations and exercise planned for the day sir.

10-4, Roger, Over, Out, Aye Aye everyone!

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Zen, I don't use much Stevia - just an occasional package. I don't know about Truvia. The people I usually watch for recommendations are Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Joseph Mercola. Can't remember where the Stevia rec came from, though.

I know that Whole Foods is expensive - I go about 1-2 times a month but it's not my every day place. There are so many good things you can get there that you can't get elsewhere! If you like Quorn, another thing you might want to try is Morningstar Riblets - really yummy.

Well, we are what we eat, so I really spend a lot of money on food - grew up with a mother that was way ahead of her time on organic, cooking from scratch - no processed stuff, etc!

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

I call Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck". I do shop there, but only for things I can't find at other stores. Their produce does rock however. Well worth the extra money.
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

No Drink

No smokes

took supps and had chips and Terrys choclate Orange)

On the upside, had raw carrot and cucumber and houmous!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Oney - congrats!!! :H:H

I was laughing this morning as I was berating myself for having a useless day yesterday - until I realised that my definition of a "useless day"" has changed radically over the last couple of months. Coffee, chocolate and pizza are pretty mild in comparison to 2 bottles of wine or a bottle of vodka!!!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Zen, it's criminal, really, what we've done to food in this country (one of my soapboxes). Our food has been politicized which is terribly frightening if you think about it - conglomerates like Archers Daniel Midland (ADM) taking over the world - genetically modified shit, hormones, pesticides - the whole nine yards. I fantasize about escaping to Europe but inertia keeps me here. I try to support small farms by buying local/organic/ small companies, etc. I feel like I'm pushing a boulder up a mountain supporting them with my pennies, but at least I try.

It's so easy to let the crap infiltrate our kitchens, isn't it? And, they know how to make the junk food taste good, so it's hard to resist. The only way I can keep from eating it is to not buy it - but I don't always suceed at that!

Sarge, sorry for going off on a tangent here, but it is a food-related tangent, at least!

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Miss Behaving;1002121 wrote: Oney - congrats!!! :H:H

I was laughing this morning as I was berating myself for having a useless day yesterday - until I realised that my definition of a "useless day"" has changed radically over the last couple of months. Coffee, chocolate and pizza are pretty mild in comparison to 2 bottles of wine or a bottle of vodka!!!!
                    Too bloody right it is...WELL DONE hon xxx
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 3

Wagoneer;1002000 wrote:

Took extra B vitamins to make me feel better and stop being such a bitch.
                      :H:H:H

OMG a cure for bitchiness.
                      Why wasn't I told ?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                      X