X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Kinda Shaky Today

Not sure why.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

wanna chat?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Can we do anything to help K9 - what's wrong?
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I dont know! I wish I did. Just one of those days I guess. Nothing's wrong, but I know the Antabuse is out of my system. I wish I had it here with me but I left it at home...aaarrrgggh. And it's Friday, and blah, blah, blah. The stupid beast is just busy right now!

Comment

K9 girl, really really surf that urge! you know how much you will regret it if you drink. Yesterday when I was out with my daughter we went for a 'drink' before dinner and I was gagging for one for just about 5 mins. I just talked myself through what was at stake and it does go - it really really does, you know that! Thinking of you - go and distract yourself in some way! Stay on here and 'talk' or whatever
          Molly:l

Comment

So its Friday, big crap...associate it with something positive not that liquid crap. Treat yourself to something, but PLEASE don't do THAT crap! I'm around so PM if you want to talk...Techie xoxo

P.S. You lucky I didn't conjugate that verb. Remember I'm here!!!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Techie and Molly.
              I'm at work for another (almost) 3 hours anyway...so I have time to really really think about this. I just hate the fact that the cravings come back so randomly! Weird.

Comment

Change your headspace girl.
                Have a walk a stretch, a coffee (shhh don't tell him)
                Make some really busy plans for after work write them down, tick them off.

I think you need a new pair of shoes instead of a six pack.
                Am I right ?
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I reckon those cravings will appear randomly forever more unfortunately - the trick is to anticipate it. The further we get from it the weaker it becomes - you of all people know that, you've had so much sober time, so don't put yourself back in its grasp! I agree with Techie - Friday:ignore:. Go buy yourself something nice on the way home - big bunch of flowers, perfume, anything and sod the bloody drink
                  Molly

Comment

You're so right BB...maybe a really fattening but oh-so-comforting dinner will help too!

Comment

Hey Ninerooney,

Thats all they are...yucky feelings, just feelings, they will pass and go away. Let them wash over you, recognise them for what they are and realise that you are SO much bigger than they are...YOU are the master and YOU call the shots.

I have every faith in you, ya strong bint ya xxx
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi K9,

It's been a long time since we talked....remember how you horrible you felt the last time you gave into the beast....you fell in the shower and you were bruised and hurt for days. Do you want to go through that again? NO! Someone here....I think it was Sheri, posted the Gratitude vs. Deprivation Thinking thread. That's what I read when the Beast starts barking at me to let me out of his cage. Sometimes the cravings are so awful they drive me f*cking bananas. Like you, they appear out of nowhere, but I just have to think of something else.

May I ask why you left your Antabuse at home? Were you having drinkin' thinkin' thoughts or were you just in a rush and forgot it? I keep my Baclofen in my purse. It goes with me wherever I go because I'll be damned if I'm not ready when the Beast tries to lure me away. I've got my Baclofen Body Armour on.

I'm here.....PM me if you want...I'm always here for you, K9.:l

Comment

(mashed potatoes and gravy! Mac n cheese!) A nice tofu salad on a bed of steamed kale should do it, K9.

Seriously, I deeply respect the power of retail therapy. You've earned a new pair of shoes or a fall coat. Another cheap-ish treat is to go to a salon for a shampoo and a blow dry/style. You get pampered without the cost of a cut/color. Just go out for an hour after work and do something that makes you feel pretty (which you are!).

You know it will pass, doll, ride it out! xoxoxo Pride
                          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

K9,

I'm with Pride. If I were you, I'd go get myself a massage or a pedicure. Yes, you deserve it. I too believe in retail therapy. In fact, I'm about to do that right now. My store of choice for tonight is Pottery Barn. Is your daughter with her dad...could you two do something fun together?

Comment

K9....Ditto what everyone else has said! You are so much stronger than you might think and I do not believe that it is all about the antibuse. You have truly blossomed in your sobriety! I think it is important to know that the first year of sobriety is like this. At least it was for me and many others I have been on this journey with. I call it the "Where the Hell did That Come From"...moments. But they pass! You might have some L-Glutamine on hand for those times, that sure helped me and it works quickly!

Just relax....the party is going to be fantastic!!

XX Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X