What do you make of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of toxic people - my addict ex-boyfriend of 5 years ago (he's addicted to Vicodin, marijuana and alcohol and codeine) has just been in touch. He is claiming that 4 years ago somebody posted something about him on a website called DontDateHimGirl.com - Empowered and Informed Love, Dating, Marriage and Relationship Advice for Women It is a website that is supposed to warn women against dating abusive or just bad men. He has accused me of having posted about him on that site, four years ago. However I did not post anything. Until this week I had not heard from him in 5 years.

I am not sure how to reply to his emails. In the past I would have simply reached for a drink. This is the first email:

"Hope you're well. You're going to need to get that post down about me at
    dontdatehimgirl.com. Trust me, it would be in both of our best interests for you to get it down
    immediately. I have some lingering good will from our past relationship, but I wouldn't push
    it too far if I were you.And please don't bother denying it, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN TRACED BACK TO YOU. Take care of it, immediately."

Then when I explained to him I have not posted anything and therefore cannot take anything down, he sent this:

"There is a website called dontdatehimgirl.com, with a post of the picture I
    emailed you years ago, with a nasty description of me that perfectly matches an
    email you sent me one month before the post was made. i have been able to
    confirm, through multiple sources, and with significant evidence that this
    posting originated with you. So I'm asking you nicely, before i need to get any
    lawyers involved, get the posting down. On my end, i have almost all nice
    memories of my time knwoing you and wish you the best. You can contact the
    website directly and let me know when i can expect this post to be removed.
    it's been up for 4 years and done considerable damage to my personal and
    professional reputation, but I am only interested in seeing it removed
    immediately."

Finally, he sent a message saying he's putting his lawyers onto me.
    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Zenstyle;1003132 wrote: Would you like my opinion? What the hell... will give it anyway. Tell him to go and fuck off.

Period, end of report.

He's an emotionally abusive MoFo.

I understand where you are coming from as I am cut from the same mold. I now know that I can't have that kind of toxic crap in my life. So tell him to take a hike. And if you need help send me his blooming email addy and I'll be more than happy to give him something to take his mind of you!

Grrrrrr................
    He's a real prick, isn't he? What decent person would re-emerge after five years and immediately launch into such negativity?:nutso:

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

If you are not culpable in any way then just ignore it. John
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Filter his emal addy as spam. Then you won't get messages from him anymore.

Or you could delete his messages without reading them.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
        - Vernon Howard

Comment

Ignore him and move on. If you can block his e-mails/calls so you don't even see him / hear him, all the better. The sober future is bright. Why stay stuck in the past that isn't?

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I agree with Techie. Why are you concerned about lawyers. You have done nothing wrong. Just say so and block his future emails.

Comment

Sorry cross posted but have the same advice!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone - he can just go screw himself. I also think this is a cheap ploy for him to contact me and try to hurt me. The normal thing to do would be to contact the owner of that site and ask him or her to delete any offending material - there is no reason at all for this loser to contact me. It's like he wants to infect me with his negativity and despair. According to his blog he is still addicted to Vicodin and he is fantasizing about suicide. There is no place for him in my life.

Comment

That's a good assessment of the situation.

Moving on.

What are your plans for the rest of the AL free evening? how about plans for tomorrow? Are you doing anything fun? Reading any good books?

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1003167 wrote: That's a good assessment of the situation.

Moving on.

What are your plans for the rest of the AL free evening? how about plans for tomorrow? Are you doing anything fun? Reading any good books?

DG
                    It's after midnight here so I'm going to bed in a minute. Right now I'm reading Keith Richards' autobiography!!! Tomorrow I might go to Whole Foods for some food and supplements shopping. What about you?:l

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;1003169 wrote: It's after midnight here so I'm going to bed in a minute. Right now I'm reading Keith Richards' autobiography!!! Tomorrow I might go to Whole Foods for some food and supplements shopping. What about you?:l
                      Zenstyle;1003170 wrote:
                      I have Eric Clapton's here. Just started reading it in between the heavy duty books... it's pretty good!
                      Sounds like I need to pick up some interesting rock star autobiographies!!! Which is the band who had the album "you can tuna piano but you can't tuna fish?" One of their "greatest hits" was on the radio tonight when I made a "junk food run." (bad girl tonight!) Those were the days of some REAL music!

I just received "High Bottom Drunk" in the mail today and that's next up on my reading pile. Am I the only one who needs the spell checker to properly spell "receieved?" EVERY time? :H

Tonight I am watching Skate America over the internet. Huge figure skating fan here. (watching, not doing)

Tomorrow we have to get Thanksgiving cards out to all of our customers thanking them for their business. We are doing that instead of holiday cards this year. Not looking forward to that task, but it needs to get done tomorrow. I also became a Mary Kay lady almost a year ago, so need to prepare some samples of gift wrapped products to show at a couple of "holiday shopping" type events coming up soon. So a work day. But I am so grateful to be self employed! Beats the old corporate crap all day long.

Whole foods sounds great! So does bed time!

What are you doing Zen?

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm not sure if you ever read AF Daily. (a fun bunch!) Do you know what __________ is? Now that you explained "mate" to me, I guess that means no ____________ for you tonight.

BTC is probably in bed now, and will read this thread tomorrow and wonder what the heck happened.

So BTC, when you wake up unhung (:yougo you will have to seek out AF Daily to find out what __________ is. And if you REALLY want a good laugh, find out about _________ and bats. (Zen you may have to go find out about the bats and __________ too? Or you already know?)

Anyway, it's fun to goof off and actually remember it tomorrow.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Fantastic advice from everyone here (as usual) - simply put the J/O on ignore. That kind of behavior is beyond bizarre and you don't need it. Guy's an ass and that type of behavior does not sit well with me to put it mildly. Lawyers, mmmm, ya ....

OK, now I gotta ask, the Keith Richards autobiography - how is it? I knew it was coming out and the only tidbit I got early was that Keith said Mick was unbearable or something to that effect. Seems the two had a falling out years ago but somehow manage to still work together. (maybe $$ LOL)

I also have the Clapton autobiography on my list to read as well. Seems Eric had some major drug and alcohol issues he admits to. (mixed reviews on Amazon though)

Don't let that idiot get to you, OK.

RV
                          Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

Hey everyone. RV, that is a cute dog in your avatar. Is it a Bichon Frise?

I had one helluva sleep last night!! I took a supplement called Valerian Plus or something. It knocked me out for about ten hours of deep sleep!!

The Keith Richards book is very good. Apparently he claims Mick Jagger has a very small penis. I haven't got to that part yet!!!

Comment

you ladies are precious,zen your a work of art,hahaha,wouldnt want to cross any of you folks,the guy needs to get a life,im reading a book i read years ago,anxiety and panic attacks,i try to stay away from the stars [people]of the world,hav a wonderful day gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X