Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF BOOT CAMP Day 6 (hell hath no fury...!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright you bunch of wallowing mud crawlers. WELCOME TO SARGES WORLD. We are going to WORK OUR BUNS OFF THIS WEEK. Why? BECAUSE Y'ALL ARE EATING TOO MANY FRIGGING BUNS...GOT IT! Plus, Sarge is having a BAD WEEK and y'all are going to pay the price. Why heck this morning on my train ride my eyes and mind were locked onto the Johnny Walker Black advertisement posted in my car LIKE A GAT DANG F16 IN TARGET MODE. NOW MOVE YOUR LAZY BUTTS OUT...O-U-T ya hear!

Sarge says: Never mistake activity for achievement.

Motivation:

When the difficulties come, and pile so high on top of one another that you can't see the way forward, you have a choice. You can choose to give up, or you can choose to get stronger.
    You can choose to bury your dreams under impenetrable layers of worry and fear. Or you can choose to make those dreams even more magnificent and compelling so that you cannot resist being pulled forward by them.

You can choose to feel sorry for yourself, or you can choose to feel the power of your true purpose. You can look for who is to blame, or you can look for ways to take full responsibility for the situation.

This is your life, and even the difficult stretches are very much worth living. In fact, it is during the challenging times that you build new capacity for greater richness.

When there is no obvious reason to be positive, choose to be more positive than ever before. Instead of being overwhelmed by the problems, choose to be energized by the positive possibilities hidden within them.

Feel the genuine confidence that comes from knowing you always have a choice. And choose to live the positive value in whatever life may send.

Healthy Lifestyle:

What are Aches and Pains?

At some point in our lives we have all been affected by aches and Pains. Aches and Pains develop when muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons have been injured or overused
    due to excess physical pressure. It is also an inevitable part of aging and often associated with symptoms of arthritis, flu and fibromyalgia . Minor aches and Pains are easily treatable, while more severe symptoms may require life-long treatment.
    What Causes Aches and Pains?

Aches and pains often occur as a result of injuries and promotes faster healing. Complementary therapies such as physical therapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, tens treatment and chiropractic therapy may also benefit people experience severe symptoms.

Exercise:

Sarge likes this link to an easy method to get a good cardio workout at home. Try doing parts of it and build from there. I tried it...its EASILY DOABLE TROOPS!!!

High-Intensity Cardio | Men's Health

Recipe:
    Butternut Squash & Pine Nut Risotto

Ingredients
    • 2 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
    • 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
    • Cooking spray
    • 1/4 cup pine nuts4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken or vegetable broth1 cup water1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion1 cup Arborio rice or other short-grained rice1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepperAdditional salt (optional)
    Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450?.
    2. Combine squash, 2 teaspoons oil, salt, cumin, and coriander. Place in a single, uncrowded layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 450? for 20-25 minutes, turning once.
    3. Place nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
    4. Simmer broth and water in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
    5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until golden brown. Add rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 30 minutes total).
    6. Remove pot from heat; stir in squash, cheese, and nuts. Season generously with pepper and additional salt, if desired. Attached files [img]/converted_files/44819=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Morning Sarge!

Sounding a little testy there sir! Would a :l help?

Might not be around for a couple of days sir ..... flying off to Melbourne this afternoon and dont know what internet access will be like. I'm sure you'll keep the troops in line sir
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

spuds on parade sir. im keeping up with my GENTLE exercise... doggy walk, stretching.... followed by a 1 1/2 hour nap... whoops. good old fry up .... only to use up the leftovers of course..... with chips. hmmmmm enjoyed every mouthful. general diet is pretty good so no guilt for me. keeping my meds regular and...... keeping a smile on my face.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Miss Behaving;1004298 wrote: Morning Sarge!

Sounding a little testy there sir! Would a :l help?

Might not be around for a couple of days sir ..... flying off to Melbourne this afternoon and dont know what internet access will be like. I'm sure you'll keep the troops in line sir

Thanks Missy the hug did help. You enjoy your leave and have a safe flight. I'm off to Chelsea Pier to smash some golf balls into the Hudson River. See you in a few hours troops.
        Attached files [img]/converted_files/1428490=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

spuddleduck;1004301 wrote: spuds on parade sir. im keeping up with my GENTLE exercise... doggy walk, stretching.... followed by a 1 1/2 hour nap... whoops. good old fry up .... only to use up the leftovers of course..... with chips. hmmmmm enjoyed every mouthful. general diet is pretty good so no guilt for me. keeping my meds regular and...... keeping a smile on my face.

Caught me just in time Private. I was just heading off base. I think you're doing fine Private Spuds. You just keep this up or Ole Sarge just may have to give you a good quack. NOW MOVE OUT SPUDS!!!
          Attached files [img]/converted_files/1428494=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

techie;1004307 wrote: Thanks Missy the hug did help. You enjoy your leave and have a safe flight. I'm off to Chelsea Pier to smash some golf balls into the Hudson River. See you in a few hours troops.
            but who picks them up ?
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Reporting Sarge,

I was bad. After hockey I had a big old plate of supper and went back for more mashed potatoes, gravy....THEN I had 2 bowls of chocolate ice cream AND I'm not even a big ice cream person. I did have a tonne of green beans and squash.

YIKES! Sorry please be gentle. I have cleaned up my enormous gorging for Monday. Today is my rest day but will be back on track for workouts and eating this week. :upset:

I played center and right wing (and we were short players) so lots of sprinting on the ice, but perhaps not enough to burn off my food binge.

Meech

Comment

Reporting for duty, Sarge.

Survived a day out yesterday with no AL, Sarge - had tea at my favorite margarita restaurant. Was ok with it, Sarge!

Healthy day today too, Sarge:

3 Mile Walk

Breakfast: Whole wheat waffles with almond butter
                Lunch: Faro (Italian Spelt) with Garbanzo Beans and Nutritional Yeast
                Dinner: Still assessing, Sir

Thanks for the motivation and recipe sir -- looks yum.

Private Choochie

Comment

Alcohol Free today.
                  Nicotine Free today.
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1004337 wrote: but who picks them up ?
                    LMAO. They go into a net Bridge

Comment

techie;1004481 wrote: LMAO. They go into a net Bridge
                      I was imagining a team of divers.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A VERY TOUGH DAY...

Hey folks I'm on the train. Hopefully my AT&T connect card will not drop. It was an emotional rollercoaster of a day for me. I was up early but didn't workout this morning. I think the stress and anticipation of the downsizing had taken its toll . Our HR director calls it rightsizing, and I'd like to "right size" his nose. If this louche had his neck or some of his teams on the line he wouldn't be so flippant. As it stands, I lost two direct reports with a total net loss of 23 employees within my purview. The exit interviews for my directs is this Friday since they were unofficially notified last week. The remainder have two weeks. Those exit interviews fall to my remaining direct reporting management.

Oh and get this, the recreant worm HR director calls me this afternoon asking if I wanted to go for a few drinks. I politely said no, that I was going to go and hit golf balls at Chelsea. The thought that I could take a life did cross my mind.

Oh yeah baby the drinking thoughts definitely crossed my mind. Painfully so. I had the place, the seat, and cocktail selection already queued up. I usually try to keep my emotions in check but they were raw today. It's is amazing that I've done this, been through this process before, but SOBER made it profoundly different. So today I cried, laughed, cried some more (in private you voyeurs :H) and proudly made it through the day and on my way home sober. Of course seeing all your damn avatars in my minds eye helped as well, so I thanks you all for that. John aka Techie

Comment

Hang in there :l
                          Love you!!!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Zenstyle;1004510 wrote: Bloody good going Sarge SIR!!! You Army folk are made of strong stuff! Seeing as you've shown such courage under fire, I think it's only fair to stick a pair of boots on for a day. As a mark of respect you understand. One day only. I need to keep the flip-flop industry afloat...

Joking aside, well done Techie... (for not murdering anyone!) ;o) xxx

WhyTHANK YOU Private Zen. BTW, that avatar of yours has Sarge's blood pumpin to areas this ole bugger thought died. I feel like a teenager enlistee again, like I found the git damn fountain of youth. WHAT IN THE FREAKING HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE STARING AT....GET YOUR BUTTS MOVING!!!
                            Attached files [img]/converted_files/1428685=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

techie;1004507 wrote: Hey folks I'm on the train. Hopefully my AT&T connect card will not drop. It was an emotional rollercoaster of a day for me. I was up early but didn't workout this morning. I think the stress and anticipation of the downsizing had taken its toll . Our HR director calls it rightsizing, and I'd like to "right size" his nose. If this louche had his neck or some of his teams on the line he wouldn't be so flippant. As it stands, I lost two direct reports with a total net loss of 23 employees within my purview. The exit interviews for my directs is this Friday since they were unofficially notified last week. The remainder have two weeks. Those exit interviews fall to my remaining direct reporting management.

Oh and get this, the recreant worm HR director calls me this afternoon asking if I wanted to go for a few drinks. I politely said no, that I was going to go and hit golf balls at Chelsea. The thought that I could take a life did cross my mind.

Oh yeah baby the drinking thoughts definitely crossed my mind. Painfully so. I had the place, the seat, and cocktail selection already queued up. I usually try to keep my emotions in check but they were raw today. It's is amazing that I've done this, been through this process before, but SOBER made it profoundly different. So today I cried, laughed, cried some more (in private you voyeurs :H) and proudly made it through the day and on my way home sober. Of course seeing all your damn avatars in my minds eye helped as well, so I thanks you all for that. John aka Techie
                              I know the thread is light hearted, but I wanted to tell you, I feel your pain. And HR are a pain in the arse at the best of times...........BUT

Way to inspire the troops Sarge!

I was so healthy today my colleagues were disgusted! Out running in the frost as soon as it got light, salmon and winter vegetables packed for dinner, bananas (god I love bananas!) as snacks.....as I said before, I am a health nut in the making, kicking the AL is making me super-woman! :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X