Just need to vent a bit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btc, as a parent, I want to strangle both your mother and the therapist. As fellow victim of child abuse, I just want to cry.

That therapist is not typical. Most of them are good people who really did get into it through a burning desire to help other people. Find a new one. You are probably getting better therapy on MWO for free than what you are paying for with her, even at her "bargain" rate!

Don't drink and do the best you can to muddle through the pain. It will get better.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

Comment

Hi BTC. That was very brave of you to post. I hope that it has helped and the feedback on reporting the so called therapist is right. I hope you have the strength to do this. The last time I read stats which was probably a few years ago, 1 in 5!!! women have been sexually abused at some point! And that doesn't include those that have not come forward or that are still repressing memories. So, no dear one--you are not alone. WTG on being sober since Nov 2nd!!:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

BTC, I too was abused as a child, but thank God my parents were never knowledgable about it, but I was hurt when my dad asked why I didn't tell him. I was 11, my parents were divorcing and I felt unloved, my mother was drinking and for my "protection" I was to go to my aunt's husband.

I have lots of anger about my uncle and I obviously have had bad coping mechanisms over the years. I've had good and bad counselors, some were pretty incompetent and one lady too took a lot of personal calls from her family during our sessions. I mean geeze! Maybe an emergency but every session!!

The feelings do come up w/o alcohol, but with alcohol I don't really live much, just numb myself and don't want to do things I love. That's not kind of life. Are you on any medications? I had to try a lot before I found some that address my depression and occasional panic attacks.

Comment

hart;1004478 wrote: BTC, I too was abused as a child, but thank God my parents were never knowledgable about it, but I was hurt when my dad asked why I didn't tell him. I was 11, my parents were divorcing and I felt unloved, my mother was drinking and for my "protection" I was to go to my aunt's husband.

I have lots of anger about my uncle and I obviously have had bad coping mechanisms over the years. I've had good and bad counselors, some were pretty incompetent and one lady too took a lot of personal calls from her family during our sessions. I mean geeze! Maybe an emergency but every session!!

The feelings do come up w/o alcohol, but with alcohol I don't really live much, just numb myself and don't want to do things I love. That's not kind of life. Are you on any medications? I had to try a lot before I found some that address my depression and occasional panic attacks.
          Sorry that you went through abuse too.

As for your former therapist taking personal calls during sessions - WTF?! I swear some of these therapists are weird as hell, LOL. :l
          Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1004477 wrote: Hi BTC. That was very brave of you to post. I hope that it has helped and the feedback on reporting the so called therapist is right. I hope you have the strength to do this. The last time I read stats which was probably a few years ago, 1 in 5!!! women have been sexually abused at some point! And that doesn't include those that have not come forward or that are still repressing memories. So, no dear one--you are not alone. WTG on being sober since Nov 2nd!!:l
            Thank you:h

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;1004476 wrote: btc, as a parent, I want to strangle both your mother and the therapist. As fellow victim of child abuse, I just want to cry.

That therapist is not typical. Most of them are good people who really did get into it through a burning desire to help other people. Find a new one. You are probably getting better therapy on MWO for free than what you are paying for with her, even at her "bargain" rate!

Don't drink and do the best you can to muddle through the pain. It will get better.
              Thanks Topsy Turvy Tracy and hugs to you!

Comment

Actually when I said I've never had a romantic relationship maybe that is not strictly true. I've had a small number of relationships in the past but the men were abusive and I'm not really sure you could call it a 'romantic partner' it was more of a bully and an abuser. But at least that means that maybe I am capable of a relationship with a man in the future

Comment

Working...
                X